Husaberg 70 Degree Owners Thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by KayaKTM, Nov 22, 2010.

1. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    Yep that's how I feel about my 390, and some spare plastics coming right now. No other bike I want for tough offroad I can think of.

It also has plenty of power to rip sand dunes with the competition map loaded and on the High/Wild map setting. Put a more open can on it and it will go even harder.

I'm personally fine with the OEM can, it's reasonably quiet and light and has a sparky built in (Krizman in the middle, not the perf plate end restrictor that "fell off" immediately), and gives plenty of performance.
  2. waldecker

waldecker Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was thinking of just going Safari rear tank...

A word of caution re Safari rear tank only: I have a 570 with both front and rear Safari tanks, and it becomes quite rear end heavy once the rear tank is filled, whereas with only the front tank it handles really good. I feel that the imbalance created by the extra weigt high up on the back without the extra weight up front to give it some balance will make your bike handle really "interesting".
    I mostly now ride without the rear tank altogether....

Cheers
    waldecker
  3. GezwindeSpoed

GezwindeSpoed Long timer

Oddometer:
    I only have the rear tank and indeed, completely filled it is pretty heavy high in the back, after 100km I do not notice it any more. Then the level is low enough not to mess up the balance. In total I can ride up to 300km. So when you do not need to fill it up completely it is oke.
  4. Cycle_Path

Cycle_Path Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ha i thought that was you going over highway two last saturday. Saw you and you four runner just before the rest stop outside Leavenworth
  5. Woundflatout

Woundflatout Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the input. That may be an issue in the soft stuff...I need to reevaluate and maybe just add both tanks...

Jason
    2009 Husaberg FE570
  6. n16ht5

n16ht5 ride the night

Oddometer:
  7. Cycle_Path

Cycle_Path Long timer

Oddometer:
  8. W3UB

W3UB n00b

Oddometer:
    Picked up a FE570S. Great bike, but way to tall for me. I want to lower it at least 2 inches. I searched a bit, but don't know which rear springs to use. Does Husaberg have some shorter springs? I saw reference to some Yamaha springs, but they did not seem to achieve a 2in lowering. Do you need to modify the existing springs?

Thanks,
    /Doug
  9. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    From the recent 2013 NORRA Mexican 1000. My 2009 Husaberg 570...

[​IMG]
  10. jlpred

jlpred Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Forgive the frustration, but I don't think I've ever hated a bike more till now. The PO butchered the wiring harness and I'm trying to rebuild while flying blind. 2010 FE390, for blinkers, did anyone have to buy harness for front or rear? What did CEV flasher plug into? For rear flashers, I am currently eyeing up KTM part 77411081000 to plug into connector buy the battery. It looks correct, but not sure. Did you guys need to buy a harness for the front flashers/CEV switch? I have the sickass LED's, flasher relay, and diode fix but there isn't a single connector to mate them to. Perhaps I just need to dig farther.

Here is the current ugliness at the mask:

[​IMG]

Additionally, is there something notorious that the seat can get hung up on? I can not get rid of a gap at the front for the life of me!

[​IMG]
  11. SRG

SRG Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can't help you much w/ the wiring, but if you call Sicass, I bet they can. They have been helpful w/ my FX450 in the past.

The tank/seat gap in your pic doesn't look right. Are the barbs/prongs in the front going into their slots properly? They can be fiddley. If you can lift the front edges of the seat, they aren't in right.
  12. n16ht5

n16ht5 ride the night

Oddometer:
    Look around the web for the CEV wiring diagram. You shouldn't need a harness, just make your own. I don't remember my seat looking like that..
    [​IMG]

I got a stihl top handle saw. no more saw handle jabbing me in the back. weighs a ton less too.
    [​IMG]

tied down with one cinch strap. feels very secure
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. ChasM

ChasM Been here awhile

Oddometer:

How would shorter springs help? The same results could be achieved by simply loosening up the preload adjuster on the stock spring. Other than increasing the sag, the only way to lower the rear is to decrease the shock travel with an internal shim and/or add a Synergy X-Bushing.
  14. rensho

rensho Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Like the other poster mentioned, you need to put a shim in the rear shock.

I'm 5'8" and lowered my rear travel 35mm. I used front springs from a modern kyb fork(06+) which are 30mm shorter. the rear spring is stock.

I wouldn't want the bike any shorter, and frankly now it is perfect for me. Lowering it gives me much more confidence in every situation.

Unless you are <5'4", 2" lowered is way too much.
  15. twotyred

twotyred Practising Recedivist

Oddometer:
    Does the FE570S have a low seat option??

I put the low seat option on my FE450 when I first bought it. At first I thought it was still a bit too tall, but I persevered and am now used to it.

Seat Concepts make a lower seat version for Bergs - they may have one that is suitable.
  16. RememberTheFallen

RememberTheFallen Long timer

Oddometer:
    Btw, W3UB has a Renazco seat on that bike. Maybe he would be interested in a trade for a lower, shaved seat?
  17. vintagespeed

vintagespeed fNg

Oddometer:
    i have the wire diagram on .pdf if you need. i believe the flasher plugs into the front turn signal harness. has both signal leads, a plug into the main harness, a plug for the flasher switch and a plug for the flasher itself.

i'm not putting flashers on mine unless they make me, but i was looking at how it's fitted. on my '09 there is an unused 2 pole plug at the front and one at the back, i assumed these were the turn signal connectors. they are 2 pole molex. (i've added everything other than signals, and this is the only unused plug)

for the seat, there are 2 prongs at the top of the tank and 2 at the middle on the subframe. you have to put the seat in position and push down & forward to engage all 4 prongs at the same time, then push the back down into the latch.

good luck, hope that helps!
  18. vintagespeed

vintagespeed fNg

Oddometer:
    cool setup with the saw, and you un-intentionally solved a problem for me. i have a tugging strap that runs across my back fender, i wanted to add a tail bag but didn't know what to do with the tugging strap. your pic solved the problem for me.

gonna attach the tug strap to the two rear subframe bolts between the frame & fender and add my tail bag. problem solved, thanks!

edit:

forgot to mention how gnarly that bike stand is! must weigh 50lbs?? very cool!
  19. vintagespeed

vintagespeed fNg

Oddometer:
    got a bunch done this weekend on the Berg redo:

CV4 tank blanket (not super impressed with all the work i had to do to install this correctly...), KTM fan & switch, hi beam indicator, low fuel sender/light, added quick disconnect back into fuel line with filter and got it all to fit pretty nicely, installed new airbox boot, cleaned all the clay/putty like stuff off my air filter (jeesus what a job that was!), KTM headlight mask, fender brace and fender bag, UHD tube in rear, turned the rear tire around, heated & banged out the big gnarly dents in the rim...

:clap

[​IMG]

almost where i want 'er:

[​IMG]
  20. jlpred

jlpred Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Vintage, if you get the chance, could you email me the diagram? jeffnkids3 at g m a i l dot com. I purchased the manual on CD from KTM parts but it hasn't shipped yet. I'm trying to figure out what harness I am missing. I saw this way back on page 8 of this thread:

Flashers
    wiring to add turn signals
    from page 7 parts book
    #29 50311029000 Flasher switch
    #28 0985040203 Screw 4x20mm
    #6 0934040003 hex nut 4mm
    #7 13011070060 Adapter for flasher switch
    #15 0084040223 Screw

4 page 25

#4 81211075030 wire harness flasher
    #5 59011081100 wire harness flasher rear
    #17 44611207200 flasher unit
    #18 58211031100 flasher unit bracket x 20mm
    59011080000 flasher wiring harness front
    58011024300 flasher indicator green

Pretty sure I am missing "wire harness flasher rear" , "front wire harness", and quite possibly "wire harness flasher". Once I get this sorted I'll be sure to post up what is needed. From the previous threads, I assumed that with the flasher module, diode fix, and LED flashers from sicass that all the other plugs required would already be in place.

As for the seat, it may be the death of me. I know its in the mid hooks and front hooks. There is just something keeping it from going up any further. I'll figure it out eventually, I just thought they may be something other people have run into that may lead me down the right road.