Versys owners checkin

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by pilot, Oct 17, 2007.

1. casaholchan

casaholchan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well,one issue is the shift lever seems too short for my foot which wears only a 9 1/2 shoe.It seems that another inch in length would be better.Also I just noticed today that the clutch cable goes through a 'coat hanger wire' sort of guide beside the ignition unit.When the wheel is turned side to side there seems to be significant binding on the clutch cable.I am wondering if it might be better removed. WILLIAM T.,glad your bike has no 'issues'....................Cheers,Ron.
  2. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:

:wave

The tires aren't all that bad to change. I do it with a pair of tire irons on the garage floor.

Here's the rack:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. tomatocity

tomatocity Retired and lovin' it

Oddometer:
    The foot peg position and shift lever adjustment has been covered on another forum. They used a foot peg that can be adjusted in multiple positions.
  4. william t.

william t. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Boring
  5. william t.

Oddometer:
    Took me 25 minutes to change my tires.
  6. tomatocity

Oddometer:
    You should provide a tire changing class at a Tech Day. If it were closer I would be there.
  7. william t.

Oddometer:
    In have stands ,airtools and a tire changer. :clap I work at Chevy dealership and it makes changing tires a snap. I also have a manual tire changer at home I bought from Harbor Freight.
  8. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:

:patch I've been doing it with a pair of tire irons. I put a T-66 on the rear today. It took about 20 minutes start to finish.
  9. Ko

Ko Observant as never

Oddometer:
    This was the best value I found for NA, $199, shipping included for the Ermax hugger. They carry the whole range of colours, since the huggers are ordered in France. Delivery time is on the looong side, but the price is right, so I'll wait.
    PS. Excerpt from my correspondence with them. No affiliation what so ever, just a customer of them.

<STYLE>.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}</STYLE>Hello,
    We carry the Ermax rear hugger ( garde boue AR)for Versys,2007, orange. Price : 199$
    http://www.ermax.fr/pdf/modeleFiche/versys-650-2007-ermax.pdf
    http://www.ermax.fr/modele-VERSYS_2007_2008-1781.html

For frame slider, we distribute Top Block
    http://www.top-block.com/index.php
    part RLK 18 : price 199.99$
    delivery : 3/5 weeks
    Shipment : 8,00 $
    Account 30% by Paypal
    Balance before shipment.
    We stay at your disposal for all informations
    Best regards

François Cominardi 9164-2108 Québec Inc Consortium des sports Mécaniques Tél : 450 420 0389
    www.csmeca.a3w.net
  10. Kynosis

Kynosis Adventurer

Oddometer:
    if you're looking for a hugger. . . DON'T BUY from Ducati Omaha. They have this "versys shop" http://www.motospecialties.com/store.asp?store=versysshop with all the colors and decent prices. Well I ordered a 'passion red' ermax hugger from them and then sent them several emails over the two months they sat on my $200. Finally I called them and they told me the didn't have that color. I guess they were just waiting for me to forget about my money.
  11. casaholchan

casaholchan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Kynosis,I just ordered the passion red last night from them.How long did it take to get your money back? ........Thanks,Ron.
  12. casaholchan

casaholchan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I called the versysshop.com in Omaha.The lady,Jennifer said that they should not be on the website.I said Duuuhhh!!!!!!!She said she would cancel my order at 5 o'clock.She did not ask for my order number.She said it would probably be the only one.She was very non-chalant,but took the order number after I insisted.The company is seriously sub standard.I called my visa card company to cancel the charge,but it may not work.I will not know for 5 business days. The company is called versysshop.com. In my book they are FRAUDS! Cheers!
  13. Kynosis

Kynosis Adventurer

Oddometer:
    When I called them the returned my money in about 5 days. But I only called them after 2 months and 5 emails of me saying "when?!" and them saying "uh. . pretty soon". So basically I made them a no interest $200 loan for 2 months.
  14. casaholchan

casaholchan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks,Kynosis.I am waiting to see if my charge on my card will post,or the cancellation was done.I see no excuse for the company to not remove the items from their website after such an extended length of time.In my book they can only be described as frauds,crooks,et al..Cheers..........Lefty.
  15. SATEX

SATEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think I've found and discarded all of the plastic caps that Kawi uses to cover bolt heads. Maybe I should have kept them and posted them in "Flea Market??":rofl

I think I'm gonna swap out handlebars. The height is fine, but the sweep doesn't suit me. I'm thinking Rox risers, moderate height (CR mid?) dirt bars will get me close on height and get rid of the extreme sweep. The lower rise bars will also make it easier to mount handguards, or at least give me a better selection. I'd welcome any comments from those who have experimented with the bars.
  16. RideAbout

RideAbout Mentally Retired

Oddometer:
    Satex,

I've got the ProTaper SE ATV high's on mine. Slightly higher, about an inch wider on each side and a very similar sweep. Love em'... made the Versys more comfortable for me.
  17. SATEX

SATEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    Actually, it's the sweep to which I most object. The stock bars are similar to most ATV bars in that respect. I think the height is about right, which is why I'm thinking risers will be necessary. Mini bars can offer the right height and sweep, but are too narrow for my tastes.
  18. tomatocity

Oddometer:
    Pro Taper ATV SE Hi
    Width, 770
    Rise, 160
    Sweep, 100

What are the specs for the stock bars?
  19. llamapacker

llamapacker Mr. Conservative

Oddometer:
    I have the Pro taper ATV High also. Like them, but nothing wrong with the stock bars until I laid it down in the ditch in front of my house.

Attached Files:

20. hunting1

hunting1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My Versys has a new stable mate. I just picked up a 2008 red Ninja 650. I still like the V more, but they look cool sitting together. I did pick up a set of Avon Distanzias while there though. Thanks for listening.:clap