cheap gps at aldi april 10 - tomorrow !!

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Oz and Kiwi Land' started by motomartin, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Frank Warner

Frank Warner Traveller

Oddometer:
    Aldi sems to cycle the goods on a yearly basis .. so I'd expect the GPS thingy to come again in about 1 years time .. same for there motorcycle clothing ..

The GPS theft thing was on the TV last night .. or recently at least. With the price of the Aldi unit being so low the price of one ripped off will also be low .. so like car radios .. if they are cheap enough new people won't bother buying the doggy ones .. so thefts will reduce.. I hope.
  2. Professor Longhair

Professor Longhair Free and easy.......

Oddometer:
    Thanks Rod but no, big brother is wise to that one too. Never mind, I'll have to wait till my Sat Broadband service is connected, friggen Telstra can't supply a wire back to the exchange good enough to do ADSL and as usual the nextG coverage is piss poor so no wireless broadband either.

Thanks to the others for the extra info, haven't got a Aldi here in Kingaroy yet but I may be able to get someone over in Bundy to pick one up for me.

Cheers

Kev
  3. trailjeff

trailjeff crash and burn

Oddometer:
    just got mine in my hands the one they are selling atm is smaller in size than the last one they sold about a year ago this ones 3.5" no good if your going blind :D but im lucky i can see it ok but time will tell if the small screen is good or rubbish yet
    apart from that its ok
  4. farawayman

farawayman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had to ask about them Ray, they kept them out the back for "security reasons"

Mine does not seem to want to accept the Activation Key you have to get off the net. Is anyone having that sort of problem?

Other than that they seem to be ok. Small enough to go into the map pocket of the tank bag and good enough to use in the car the few times I need one.
  5. sidetrack one

sidetrack one Chief Tiddler Supporter

Oddometer:
    Be careful to determine if you have to put in a letter or a number
    eg... A 1 (one) and an l (L) will look the same, have a real good look at the code to see if anumber and a letter can be mixed up. I dont believe you will get 3 numbers or letters in a row!
  6. farawayman

Oddometer:
    Yeh, and the z looks like nothing on the keyboard :lol3
  7. farawayman

Oddometer:
    Well look at that it planed a route from home to Borroloola via Border village. Only 5454.24 km I'm happy so far:deal
  8. overlandr

overlandr Dystopist

Oddometer:
    What's the update on these? Did anyone get one?
  9. Hodgo

Hodgo TWIN Cylinder ADV

Oddometer:
    Anyone have one of these just die in the arse ?

Mind seems to turn on but the computer won't recognise it and the screen won't come on either.

So I reckon shes rooted ?
  10. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Mine did and they refunded the money but it was only a couple of months old at the time. Give it to Rod to play with. They should be due out for sale again around July or August.

I might have those e mails from Rod if you want me to send them to you about reprogramming them.
  11. Hodgo

Hodgo TWIN Cylinder ADV

Oddometer:
    Got all the stuff from Rod. it was goin really well too with Garmin and IGO8 but I reckon she has shit itself. Can't complain I guess $120 and about 3 years old.