What bike do you want today?

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by fivehitsweak, Jun 3, 2010.

1. arshishb

arshishb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This would be an excellent bike if it was 100lb less. 567 lb DRY is hard to swallow. Nevertheless the rags have good things to say about it, particularly the handling & torque. You should check out the modified version that I believe Sport Rider? built.

EDIT: Here it is http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_1201_project_suzuki_gsx1250fa/viewall.html
    davyjones likes this.
  2. Cortez

Cortez BAZINGA!

Oddometer:
    Yeah, they're available, cost 50% more then in USA and most people
    here don't make over $600/month; do the math.
    :huh
  3. RaY YreKa

RaY YreKa AA Zoom Baby

Oddometer:
    Still the Griso.

They are coming down to the £4000 mark now, for 2006/7 models.

I still can't afford one :lol3
  4. Grainbelt

Grainbelt marginal adventurer

Oddometer:
    back and forth between this and the ST3

[​IMG]
  5. MKorn

MKorn 2whl Addict

Oddometer:
    I am really digging this. be a great commuter.

[​IMG]
  6. jas67

jas67 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think the price in the US is %50 too high, which is why I bought a used one. Of course, someone has to buy the new one.

How strict are they with importing individual bikes from other countries into Croatia?

The EPA makes it damned near impossible to do that here in the US.
  7. ShardPhoenix

ShardPhoenix Наглый ублюдок

Oddometer:
    I suppose the weight thing is subjective, depending on what one intends to do with the bike. I'm sure from a sport perspective, a "wet" weight of pretty much 600lbs would be a downer. But, as you said everything I've read about it says it's a competent machine.

From the perspective of what I'm looking for in a future/second bike it would fit the bill quite nicely. 600lbs is less than a full dress touring cruiser (though I do know cruisers "wear" their weight lower due to lower seat height yadda yadda). Right now my criteria for my next bike is something that's more fun for back road hooliganism than my Boulevard S40, is still completely practical for every day transportation, and finally, good for 2-up overnight trips.

I know there are a lot of sport tourers available, and I'll be researching them as well, but the GSX1250FA is the first one I've put my butt-cheeks on. (Didn't get to test ride, unfortunately)
  8. limeymike

limeymike Bourbon Tester

Oddometer:

0% for 60 months on all Suzukis till the end of May sweetens the pie.
  9. ThomasVolomitz

ThomasVolomitz New Old Stock

Oddometer:
    I bought my wife a Suzuki SX-4 Crossover car on the 0% interest deal a few years ago. You can't beat it. I am debating between a DR400S or a Yamaha WR250R. The Yamaha is a little more expensive and although the interest is low, it is still there. The Yamaha also has fuel injection and just one less horsepower.

I usually pay cash for my bikes, but it is difficult to pass on a 0% interest deal. What would you do? Also considering a DR650 as I have had one before and consider it a great all arounder. Hope I didn't hijack this thread.

Thanks for your opinion.
  10. arshishb

arshishb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    True about intentions. When I was shopping for an all rounder I had to consider the weight for once in a while track use, which is why I ruled it out. Doesn't mean you cant take it to the track, it just wont be fun, of course a lot of it is rider skill :lol3

It is a good bike, highway commuting will net you 45-50 mpg in stock trim. I owned a 97 model for a few months about 10 years ago & it served me well as an only means of transport. Grocery shopping bags hanging on both sides of the handle bar was a funny site :rofl
  11. kraher

kraher Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Today..

[​IMG]

Anybody want to trade a ZRX for a WR250R?
  12. Mulewright

Mulewright Old Fart/Journeyman

Oddometer:
    I think I'd like my '08 KLR 650 back..... with the 685 kit....
    It physicaly fit me better than anything else has the last 15 years.......
    Yea, I know I'm a but a simple Caveman.... But......:D
  13. fung

fung Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Today I would like a super 10
  14. DocRogers

DocRogers Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    What bike...? Hard question to answer - for any given day there could be 2 or 3 candidates. I will say that for a long time it was a second generation Ducati 900SS. Now the Ducati (finally got one 6 years ago) is going in trade for something completely different - A BMW G650 Xcountry. Mixed feelings, of course, but I'd rather have a bike I actually ride than one that mostly sits in the garage and gets looked at.
  15. rotten

rotten LOST AGAIN

Oddometer:
    Today I want something that can blast 100mph down the highway and 100mph across the desert. :D

[​IMG]
  16. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't like most Harleys, but.....

[​IMG]
  17. I love the bike I already own, but I'd love to have either one of these :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    davyjones likes this.
  18. Wallachian Spikes

Wallachian Spikes Long timer

Oddometer:
    Somewhere between the sacred silence & sleep
    The KLR 650 is No.3 on my list of favorite bikes ever owned, currently on bike No. 20. Yes it's out dated technology & lacks in everything but, for the price (especially used) it can't be beat as a do everything bike.

The KLR never fails to put a smile on my face. A 690 enduro, Hyabusa or a WR 450 would all put a bigger smile on my face but, those bikes are all more money. The Busa can't single track & the WR can't do highway miles.

If I could ONLY have 1 bike it would be the KLR. The funny thing about owning a KLR though, is it makes you fantasize about other bikes alot. However the last time I didn't have a bike, the KLR was the bike I fantasized about the most.

P.S. The bikes I currently fantasize about are the 990 supermoto R, The 900 Nuda & the 1000 Versys. None of which are available in the U.S. for 2012.
  19. Wallachian Spikes

Wallachian Spikes Long timer

Oddometer:
    Somewhere between the sacred silence & sleep
    I LOVE supermotos! I wish the Japanese would get serrious about supermoto & each of the big four offer a modern 650 to choose from.

I have a 700 Raptor & I'd sell a lung to have a supermoto based on that power plant. :lol3 In this economy I won't hold my breath though.
  20. GPrairie_Rider

GPrairie_Rider Dirt Junkie

Oddometer:
    5th Gen VFR Bright RED!!!! :D

I gotta stay out of the VFR threads, and out of Honda shops.

Chris