Harley Riders Sign In With Pic

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by sfarson, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Centerline

Centerline USMC 71'-79'

Oddometer:
  2. BigEasy

BigEasy Fish Eyed Heathen

Oddometer:
    SWEET, nice ride
  3. welder

welder Long timer

Oddometer:
    just picked up this fxrs springer convertable wideglide bobber:D what do you guys think? the other harley guys just don't wave to me though .I can't understand it. I must be wearing the wrong helmet or something.[​IMG]
  4. Kbetts

Kbetts Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't know one bike from the next but I wave anyway if I see you, if I'm not in traffic, if I'm not clutching, and even then I wave too late most of the time.

Here is our new to us cruiser...

[​IMG]

We take our first trip in the morning to the outer banks for two nights. Rain is expected and I'll let you know how it went.
    Ta Ta For Now.
    Keith
  5. Daniii

Daniii geezer

Oddometer:
    Ride safe. Avoid the front brake in the wet (don't ask how I know this).
  6. Kbetts

Kbetts Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are Harleys particularly susceptible premature wheel lockup? Maximum dry braking seems to require some extra rear brake to transfer weight to the forks but very good otherwise. I'm still finding the envelope for this bike so we'll be taking it very easy and avoiding as much of the rain as possible.
  7. Daniii

Daniii geezer

Oddometer:
    Likely not as susceptible as my V-Rod with twin disks up front. Certainly yours isn't more likely than most cruisers. But I went down in an instant last September. I may have been on the paint stripe, but it happened fast. Real fast.

I had been using more and more front brake (having been an old school 'rear braker'), and was liking the way the front worked so much better than the back. Probably developed a bad habit. As a result, likely I tapped the front when I saw stopped traffic in front of me.

Engine guards and bags (and full gear) prevented any serious damage. (Except for the broken collarbone, which I ignored for a couple hundred miles after). Lesson learned.
  8. CBAT

CBAT occasional wanderer

Oddometer:
    Don't be afraid to take your Harley off road. You find some of the most interesting spots.

[​IMG]
  9. d2wing

d2wing Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Current a 883 Sporty. Sorry can't find pic that will upload.
    choppahead likes this.
  10. rauchman

rauchman Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is beautiful!!!!
  11. scott63

scott63 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    On a recent trip

[​IMG]
  12. WRrioR

WRrioR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    just saying "howdy". ok, i don't have a camera to post pics, but i bought an 02 1200 sporty this past thursday. 5 g's for a bike with 3300 miles. had to give it a try. it's got forward controls and drag bars with some risers, plus an aftermarket headlight that looks pretty cool. i was supprised that it handles so well, doesn't have bad vibes at all. and it really fun to ride. i'm sold. this winter it goes in the house to be rebuilt, funds allowing. right now, i'm pulling off all the crap and chrome it doesnt need. chrome trinkets rattle too much.

where's the best place on the internet to buy a uniform?:evil
  13. Daniii

Daniii geezer

Oddometer:
    Here is Max, founder of the V-Rod Forum site, with his "Bagger".

[​IMG]

His other bike is a 165 hp Turbo '02 V-Rod with 60K miles, 25K with the turbo.
  14. RockerC

RockerC Fuck Piece & Quiet

Oddometer:
    I do it on one of these,

[​IMG]

and when packed !

[​IMG]
  15. wyobohunter

wyobohunter Unapologetic Editor

Oddometer:
    Some nice lookin bikes. Funny story that kinda relates...

I pulled my little Yamaha WRR into the convenient store the other day and parked next to a couple Harleys. As I was riding up to them some bozo in a car gives me the stare and shakes his head. As I get off and am taking off my helmet he makes it a point to walk up and say "Cool, Harleys" followed by a snort/sneer at my bike. I just answer "Yep, nice lookin' bikes". I can tell that his little brain is spinning at max RPM trying to come up with something smart ass to say about my little (Japanese) dual sport when the two Harley riders come out. First thing they say is "Cool dirt bike". Cager just walks away with a scowl and I have nice conversation and smoke with Harley riders.
    You can usually tell the guys who actually ride a lot because they are usually the guys who don't give a rats ass what you are riding. I wouldn't mind getting one of those Milwaukee machines myself....Someday.
  16. Colemanfu

Colemanfu King of all manfu

Oddometer:
    No night train edition Fatboy so I made my own and call it the
    Dirty Fatboy. I did the wheels, front end, bars and re-painted the tank.
    [​IMG]

A " tude" related experience - rode the KTM up to the Iron Horse Saloon and saw 2 HD riders give me the hairy eyeball look, one even said I hate that cause I pimp parked right up front. As I walked past them a buddie saw me and asked where my Harley was? Another asked how I choose what to ride? I could see the 2 jokers shrink from pre judging me as I walked in to get a cold one. I don't think true bikers judge like that I know I don't.
  17. Daniii

Daniii geezer

Oddometer:
    Our new corporate training lady told me her boyfriend had a Harley, so naturally I asked what kind. She said "a Sportster, I think".

Last Friday, she made a point of stopping by and telling me her boyfriend insisted she come by and correct her. "He actually has a Night Train". He said to say that Sportsters are girl's bikes. :rofl

I'm glad she straightened that out!
  18. twinpower

twinpower 1200R Sportster

Oddometer:
    My 06 1200R Sportster. Recently took it on a weekend trip thru WV - everything from 70 mph Interstate to lots of country back roads with 15 mph (posted) turns. The bike handles it all really well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Scoozi likes this.
  19. CBAT

CBAT occasional wanderer

Oddometer:
    Great story. :thumb

20. RockerC

RockerC Fuck Piece & Quiet

Oddometer:
    Sweet look'n ride my friend :thumb