Very Small Riding Gear-Help needed

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by AdventurePoser, Feb 5, 2013.

1. AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser Long timer

Oddometer:
    HI all,

Am trying to find quality riding gear for my girlfriend. She is 4-9 and weighs about 94 pounds depending on how much change she has in her pockets... In women's sizes that translates to a size 0 or a 1.

I'd like to hear from anyone who's got suggestions on getting her properly outfitted.

Many thanks,

Steve
  2. ERD

ERD Custom Rider

Oddometer:
    I'll catch flak for this, but the Harley FXRG line usually has XS and XXS jacket and pants.Size 0 to 2.
  3. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Gordo tonto y contento.

Oddometer:
    San Diego, not Mex, but I can smell it from here.
    If you're ready to cough up for serious gear, IIRC Aerostich will do bespoke gear.
  4. la's

la's Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If BMW gear is not out of your/her price range, the new stuff runs small in my opinion. I would consider having her try on some of their smallest stuff and then order the short version, which they never seem to have, if it looks like it might work.
  5. AdventurePoser

Oddometer:
    Guys, thanks so the suggestions I appreciate your information!
  6. aterry1067

aterry1067 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Www.Babybiker.com

Think its a UK company. No experience, but hear good things about them.
  7. AdventurePoser

Oddometer:
    Thanks for this link. The good thing is that the size range is huge because you select by chest and arm size/llength, not the standard sizing method.

They also have a large selection of used gear. Doubt Marina will outgrow what I buy for her, but there are some deals here.

Buying moto gear for tiny adults is a challenge....
  8. lucas123

lucas123 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    BMW or RevIt size 34 gear is tiny.

My ex-GF was a size 0, and wore that size.
  9. AdventurePoser

Oddometer:
    Many thanks, my friend!

Steve
  10. azia

azia Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm just shy of 5'2, was around 115-120lbs (packed on a little recently! :D), and wore a fitted size XS in Scorpion gear at the time. They have a pair of pants called the Savannah that is quite low-rise and fitted and okay for my 28 inch inseam. I have a straight figure so I usually wear a size smaller in waist than people the same weight/height as me, so it would probably fit her comfortably.

Aside from that, I've found I am the smallest size in ready-to-wear gear made in the US/Canada like Olympia, Joe Rocket, Tourmaster, Icon, etc. and even then, sometimes the smallest is to big.

BMW I've tried size 36 and it is too big on me. Size 34 would be perfect so at least for some pieces, it still might be too big for her. Rev'It fits small (except for some more ADV pieces - Revzilla reviews are great, btw) but Dianese fits really small! It's expensive and not as readily available here but might be one option.

You should have her go to a store and try things on so you get a better idea of how each brand fits and how SHE likes things to fit.

Good luck! Finding gear can be difficult for female riders but even more so for really petite girls. Manufacturers have been good in adding some plus size gear but I wish they would do the same on the other end of the spectrum!
  11. MK96xj

MK96xj 100% Seat Time

Oddometer:
  12. NoVa Rider

NoVa Rider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    My 8 year old made the aerostich cover with this one (think it was a 34S, which we got on closeout, rather affordably):

[​IMG]
  13. AdventurePoser

Oddometer:
    Great pic NovaRider. I made the catalog as well a few years back in my red 'Stich....:rofl

A 34 small and tailored might work. Marina only weighs 82 lbs. Maybe I could eliminate this entire search by just putting her in a side case....:evil It works for overseas flights.:rofl

Seriously, thanks for the input.

Steve
  14. AdventurePoser

Oddometer:
    MK, thanks...have you ordered from them. Their website seems to be very "economical." No pictures, etc.

A great tip and I have followed up with them.

Steve
  15. ghostryder

ghostryder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    My GF at the time was about the same size as yours. Keep an eye out for closeouts at MC shops, or places on line. She was able to pick up BMW gear for 1/2 price because no one else could fit into the size. She picked up some pants that were just a tad too big, brought them to the local dry cleaner and had them altered for 10 bucks. I was jealous, she got better gear than me for 1/2 the price.
  16. PhoenixGirl63

PhoenixGirl63 Wayward Daughter

Oddometer:
    Depending on the price point you're looking at, Dainese also has well fitting gear for ladies' figures, even small sizes. I have a mesh, armored jacket of theirs and have gotten compliments on it. I also have Olympia gear, which is highly customizable with the tabs on the sides of the jacket, to cinch it in (pants may be a different story).

Definitely a good idea to check MC closeouts. You can get some good bargains that way.
  17. MK96xj

MK96xj 100% Seat Time

Oddometer:
    Steve,

KinderRider is my company. I started it last year and we will have our first production shipment this coming week.
    The pictures on the main page are of my daughter and a friends daughter in the prototype and the final sample production gear.
    The company and gear has been three years in the making trying to hit all the points I felt were important in the construction, safety and price points. Although initially targeting the childrens street gear market, I have received a lot of interest from smaller harder to fit female riders.
    More detailed pitures will be up on the page later in the week. I am pretty sure I can fit your lady with one of our L or XL sizes.

Let me know how I cna help.
  18. AdventurePoser

Oddometer:
    Mike, I am eagerly awaiting pix of your gear.. I appreciate you posting as well as all the other riders who have been helpful. Steve
  19. gsweave

gsweave Yinz, blinkers are on, JACKWAD! Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    http://www.revzilla.com/womens-motorcycle-gear

revzilla has what your woman needs..

mine is 5' 105lb 0 to 00

rev'it worked very nicely.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ofbmgfT6zgE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

or you could go with Rukka.. she likes that fit as well
  20. AdventurePoser

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Revzilla is on my short list....

Steve