LED Auxiliary Lights

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sanjoh, Aug 5, 2010.

1. dsc522758

dsc522758 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I want to use the Clearwater dimmer with the ADVmonster lights. Looking at these two diagrams, will the Clearwater dimmer work the same? I guess I don't have enough post to submit pictures.
  2. Wattner

Wattner Long timer

Oddometer:
    AdvMonster Pr0n

I'll mount them up when I get back home.... I have a set of 60's on the Bars, but it will certainly be overkill. May just leave them on for a few rides of ridiculous???

Kudos AdvMonster!!! AWESOME:
    [​IMG]

I need a tiny AdvMonster sticker to replace the Cyclops sticker...

More pic's to follow after they are mounted
  3. dsc522758

dsc522758 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are there 4 wires on that ADVmonster rotary switch?
  4. Wattner

Wattner Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes it is the incredible AdvMonster switch....

Sweet stuff!
  5. DaverCoe

DaverCoe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've got a Model 60 and a Model 30 on my Dakar. I'd highly recommend them, they're incredible!! I went with the Waterproof Wireless LED Dimmer with High Beam Bypass, so that I could control the lights from the handlebars OR the tent. I spend a lot of time camping in the middle of nowhere and sometimes ya need to flip on the yard lights to scare a bear away... or just to use as a night light to set up camp & turn the lights out from the tent. The dimming feature is great for running the lights at 15-20% around town or camp, then blasting them to 80-100% for off-road/highway. The high beam bypass is pretty slick to!

As far as the flood and beam pattern I think it's wise to have one of each, for obvious reasons. The '30 is pretty tight, and definitely throws. The '60 is just retarded, and no one needs that much light :huh ... but boy its nice to have when you want to see everything.
    I've had them for almost a year now, and hammered them with everything from pouring rain, ice & snow, nasty vibrations, and hot sun. No problems so far.
    Love them, and would highly recommend them to all you guys that are considering a set.
    Great price, great service, and quick shipping!

Well done ADVmonster!
  6. bill1960

bill1960 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sanjoh

What led light setup would you recommend for a plated 2013 KTM 500 xcw, used for dualsport riding 30/70 hwy/offroad .

Is it better to have just one flood adapted to the oem shroud, or would a combination of flood and spot direct the light in a more useful pattern ?

How does your 60 led flood compare to the squadron from baja designs.
    I note in the specs they both produce 3600 lumens, and apprear to use the same led's but in different housings ?
    However, your 60 led draws 28watt and the BD squadron 42watt.
    Wondering why the difference ?
  7. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can you email the diagrams to sandjoh@gmail.com.

I don't think the Clearwater product will work with our lights but I would be happy to investigate.
  8. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback!

Bear protection:clap

I would recommend the dualsport fairing.

[​IMG]

Rode a bunch of single track and forest service roads in the mountains and the fairing never got in the way. Even with steep hills:deal

The Z is a bit portly:D for the tight uphill stuff.
    [​IMG]

Our lights are significantly smaller than the squadron, which means lighter. Different led drivers run at different efficiencies which may explain the differences in power consumption. BD does offer a lifetime warranty that you pay for up front, ADVmonster offers a one year warranty at typically less than 1/3 the price of the BD squadron.

I have not seen the lights side x side so I can not speak to comparison of the light output or beam patterns.

Have you seen this? One Model 60
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nVYWcXimasE?feature=player_embedded" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>
  9. kbuckey

kbuckey Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have twin 60's in my Dual Sport fairing. On low I have only the bottom one on at about 60% and it's pointed pretty low (with my two solstice 10's pointed pretty wide to light up the roadside so I don't run into any elk!) and that set up is great for low beam work and doesn't bother oncoming cars. On high, with both 60's on full power WOW!
  10. bill1960

Oddometer:
    If I only run one led lamp in the OEM housing, which would be the best choice for my application ?

and

The XCW only has an on/off switch for the lighting. No Hi/lo switch or relay. What extra switches would I need to run the led setup, assuming I use your dimmer.
  11. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would recommend the Model 60 with a rotary dimmer. We can setup the electrics to be plug n play, just let me know what headlight connector you have.

The high beam switch is only needed if you want hi/low beam, the alternative is to rotate the rotary to full power when you need it. Otherwise any 12v switch will engage the high beam.
  12. dsc522758

dsc522758 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for looking my friend. Email sent.
  13. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Another happy customer:clap

"I finally managed to install my additional lights and as you can see they work amazing. Thank you again for your help I would have never been able to do it without your advice.
    Have a good day."

[​IMG]
  14. AGiN

AGiN Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is this trail tech race light mount is hand made or available to buy somewhere?
  15. G19Tony

G19Tony Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have your lights on my Versys, and now my CRF230F. I'll be getting a set for my CRF250L and Suzuki TU250 soon. Nice product you have here. :freaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. PeterW

PeterW Long timer

Oddometer:
    Take a look at the cylindrical fresnel lenses. They won't be perfect, but they should flatten the beam pattern a lot.

Luxeon have a small one, get one and play ?

http://www.luxeonstar.com/10-to-15-s/279.htm "Fraen 12 degree x 44 degree"

Pete
  17. Bobmws

Bobmws Curmudgeon At Large

Oddometer:
    Mounted on the fender using the existing bolt, just had to drill the hole in the mount slightly larger.

[​IMG]

Rotary dimmer mounted on steering neck, accessible, but once I set the initial dimmed level I don't find the need to change it.
    [​IMG]
  18. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    It is handmade. Send me an email(sandjoh@gmail.com) or pm and I'll send more info and pricing.
  19. bill1960

Oddometer:
    Going by your recommendations, it seems two lamps as per the dualsport fairing is optimum.
    If I don't run the fairing, what other mounting options would you suggest for two lamps on the KTM 500xcw
    and
    What configuration of two lamps would give the best light pattern, ie, one spot and and one flood etc....?
  20. Oddfellow

Oddfellow Beasty Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have been fighting the HID lamps in this headlight ever since I bought my XR650R (it came with it on):

[​IMG]

I see lamps to replace the top two in the image above, do you have a wider angle I could use for the 4" SC4? Inquiring minds want to know!