Radioman Rides the World.......

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Radioman, May 19, 2011.

1. ARun4Your$

ARun4Your$ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Its absolutely incredible. Your choices amaze me and your ability to show life inspire me. Ride on Radioman. One day I will ride with you.
  2. Johnny Drunkard

Johnny Drunkard Todo utz

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  3. quimexa

quimexa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow a year!!!! time flies when you're having fun!!! I feel like it was yesterday when I started to follow your RR, now is part of my morning routine, get some coffee and check where is Mark!!

Ride Safe my friend!!!!

:freaky
  4. petefromberkeley

petefromberkeley -

Oddometer:
  5. Radioman

Radioman Moto rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Packed up early and started riding by 7am. The distances I am traveling in India are not that far, but it takes a long time to get there :ricky Riding from Manali at the base of the Rohtang Pass over to Dharmsala and McLeodganj which is the location of the Exiled Tibetan government and Dali Lama.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Amazing views out of the valley.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Today I saw lots of Monkeys along the roadway. They stayed on the guard rail, until people stopped, then they knew it was time for food :D

[​IMG]

In the towns I rode through the school kids were out "protesting" or "celebrating" not sure which.

[​IMG]

There photos fail to really show the landscape. The hills are all terraced for farming in this area. Spectacular....

[​IMG]

We be here for a few days as the Dali Lama is in town.... Should be interesting. Need to get my permits for the events today.

:deal
  6. ARun4Your$

ARun4Your$ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    In the towns I rode through the school kids were out "protesting" or "celebrating" not sure which.

[​IMG]

--- was reading about this online this evening. It was a peaceful protest. Check out this article about it. I hope it works, I'm not so good at this link thing yet..

http://www.phayul.com/news/article.aspx?id=31532
  7. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:
    Wow, what a year you've had Mark!

Thanks for keeping us all so regularly and constantly updated on your great travels.
    Of all ride reports I've read I think you take regularity in updating to a new height.
  8. powderpig

powderpig Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mark...I've really been enjoying your posts. Thank you for taking us along on this fantastic journey.

I'm curious, now that you've put some miles on the Royal Enfield, what are your thoughts?
  9. Radioman

Oddometer:
    Loving riding the Enfield. It reminds me of the bikes back in the 60's and 70's . Simple. Kick start only, just basic motorcycling. The other thing is that the speeds in India up in the mountain region is fairly slow. If you go (60-80 KM it is fast) mostly under 50Km (which is about 30MPH)

It is not a modern bike but it is really fun!! (as long as you are not expecting it to have great suspension, handling, reliability :)
  10. Radioman

Oddometer:
    Very relaxed day. Got up early and got in line to get my security badge to see the Dali Lama. Took about 1+ hours....

[​IMG]

Got my Pass for the next couple days...... really busy in town since The Dali Lama is here. More Photos tomorrow!
    (not really sure why the guy back in line has a pillow on his head?)

[​IMG]

Time to catch up on ADV and a few other internet things!

[​IMG]
  11. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    This is going to be interesting. :lurk
  12. Radioman

Oddometer:
    Just finished a video...... Took hours to upload and you will need to get comfortable and sit through 7+ minutes of Radioman and MoBill in India. And another video uploading right now with Khardung La pass :) You will laugh on this one....

<iframe width="680" height="383" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CBkDSqnJe_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Cro59 likes this.
  13. SgtMike

SgtMike facebook.com/mikeraces

Oddometer:
    I'm enjoying this so much, makes my days go by a bit better! Thank you for sharing this with us Mark.

My family move is well under way, the POD is packed and the final arrangements are made. We start out Saturday morning across the US to WA. Look forward to catching you there soon!
  14. Tall Mike

Tall Mike TAT Rookie (planning!)

Oddometer:
    Radioman and MoBill ride the Himalayas!! :thumb:thumbAwesome video!!:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:wings:rayof:wings:rayof
  15. LadyDraco

LadyDraco KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer:
    I'll have to check the video over the weekend at another Internet connection... We are @ 75% of our monthly :baldy And still have 5 days to go...:eek1

I know it has to be good :clap I'll watch it Friday night...:evil
  16. Radioman

Oddometer:
    KhardungLA pass. Video from our ride to the Highest Motorable road in the world. Hope you enjoy :lol3

<iframe width="680" height="383" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A5fWJJwog2U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  17. REAPER_ONE

REAPER_ONE YOU'RE DONE

Oddometer:
    Hey Buddy,

Usually I just PM you my comments and encouragement but my hope is through a little peer pressure from the inmates, you add in a little more of you to this journey. :lol3 I really liked the recent video pieces you did with a little video diary mixed in. :thumb For the folks who haven't had the pleasure to hang out with you, they will get a better sense of the Radioman behind the camera and typing. Every post is a gift from you but when you get a chance, please inject a little More video diary. In my prayers always. The DC / NVA / SMIBs are always lurking! Come back for a visit soon.
  18. Kiwi Canuck

Kiwi Canuck Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mark, Thank you for the engaging RR, I have read every post since finding this about 2 months ago while doing research for a trip to Nicaragua.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    It just keeps getting better and better, and brings back wonderful memories from my days of M/C travel in Africa, especially your latest video travelling in the truck.<o:p></o:p>
    I had to hitchhike with my bike north of Juba, Sudan to Nairobi which took about 2 weeks, with many long days in trucks and being dropped off in the night and taking 2 days to find out where my bike was left.<o:p></o:p>
    Being taken hostage for an afternoon near the border of Sudan/Uganda and thinking only about what an adventure this is, no real fear, it was just incredible to be at peace with myself, which only a traveller who has got some miles under their belt knows that feeling.<o:p></o:p>
    Those “moments” where I was tested, created some of the strongest memories from that trip and I see that as you travel that same sense of peacefulness is creeping into your being which comes out in your writing. Thank you for re-awaking that in me as I read your reports.<o:p></o:p>
    I am encouraged by the community that is here on the ADV site, and I am now officially addicted to RMRTW daily updates. <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Cheers, <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Kiwi Canuck (Dave)<o:p></o:p>
  19. Venezolano

Venezolano n00b

Oddometer:
    Muy bueno ese viaje amigo ......Seating in my office dreaming of the day I could make my first trip :muutt....Keep it safe and coming my friend :kumbaya

Mas fotos de señoritas por favor :killen
  20. WRC51

WRC51 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow, when you stated that you were going to ride India " I though why would they want to ride there?" But after seeing the photos of people and places I can see why. Stunning pictures and video, Thank You.