WV dualsports,check in

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Tetched, Mar 4, 2008.

1. WFOhillbilly

WFOhillbilly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, I finally got the new pipe put on today.:D So far so good. Sounds a lot better and the throttle response is much improved. Maybe a little more umph. Hope to get in a good ride this weekend to really test it out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. intothenew

intothenew Briar Patch Navigator

Oddometer:
    Absolutely, iffin I can round up everybody's pics I will post this week. Fantastic day! Would a ride report including bikes and ATVs catch too much of a bashing?
  3. WFOhillbilly

Oddometer:
    Post em' if ya got em!:thumb Went riding for a couple hours. Didn't get any pics though.:cry
  4. wvrocks

wvrocks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Didn't get to ride any this weekend but had a good one anyway. Spent the weekend in Sissionville learning to put out car fires at the Sissonville Fire School. Got back to Canaan and it was snowing. Did get the mounting kit for my Happy Trails SU rack on Friday, so I'll be working on getting my mermite cases painted and mounted this week.

Mrs. WVRocks with the Halligan, Me on the knob and Willy on backup.

Attached Files:

5. intothenew

Oddometer:
    Saturdays pics and a short report is posted here if you care to gander.
  6. WFOhillbilly

Oddometer:
    Nice ride. I def. gotta get down in that direction and ride some of those trails.
  7. Gimmeslack

Gimmeslack furthur

Oddometer:
    Dang! i just glanced at the pic and figured it was the new 'Stich colors for 08 - looks just like my Darien outfit! :rofl
  8. wvrocks

wvrocks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep, she rides already Mike, 2000 SV650. Was mine until we traded in her Shadow 750 on the KLR. Then she took over the SV. Not much interest in dual sports right now unfortunately.

9. wvrocks

wvrocks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Your stitch probably keeps you drier!

10. intothenew

Oddometer:

Yes they do. The roads that you share with them are wide enough that it is not a problem, remember they have to deal with each other. That is a very small portion of what we ride, and if you ride on Sunday there is typically nobody working. I will help you any way I can if you decide to make a trip this way.
  11. WFOhillbilly

Oddometer:
    I was wondering about something and thought maybe someone on here could help me out. I am headed to the mountains to do a little trout fishing on the Upper Shavers this weekend.:D Unfortuntally not taking the KLR. :cry IS THIS A SIN?:huh
  12. WFOhillbilly

Oddometer:
    I see that as young grasshopper, I still have lots to learn. Maybe one day I will be wise to the ways of mature men and be able to master both riding and fishing.:evil
  13. RugerM77

RugerM77 n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone. I am new to the site and riding in general. I bought my first motorcycle in October, a 2008 Kawasaki KLR650. I had only ridden a motorcycle two times before I bought the KLR650. I had always wanted to buy a motorcycle and my best friend Ryan (WFOhillbilly) let me ride his dad's and those two rides pushed me over the edge. It was common sense to buy a dual sport since you can't get dirty and go off road on a street bike.
    As I said, I haven't been riding for long but I think it is a blast. I have a lot of fun but I realize I also have a lot to learn. I look forward to more riding and getting to know more people on this forum.
    Here are some of the pictures of my KLR650. I just recently put on the Ruger sticker (I am a big fan of Ruger firearms - hence the screen name) and replaced the stock tires with TKC80's. I also added the ADV sticker. The reason the bike is so clean because I gave it a good washing before and during the tire replacement. My mom also taught me to take care of my toys. :rofl

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am a mechanical engineer and I try to do all of my maintenance on my motorcycle myself so here are a few pictures when I replaced my tires.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for listening and I hope I can learn something from all of you.
    Jeffrey (RugerM77)
  14. WFOhillbilly

Oddometer:
    Bout' time you start posting lol :D I really like that sticker there. Pretty kick ass. Now all your bike needs is a little dirt on it and you be good to go.
  15. Gimmeslack

Gimmeslack furthur

Oddometer:
    Only if you don't succeed in stretching some fish lips :evil
  16. intothenew

Oddometer:

I don't know about your riding skills, but your posting skills seem fine. I expect to see ride reports out of you. :thumb
  17. WFOhillbilly

Oddometer:

:lol3 :rofl :lol3
  18. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Start here ==> #381 and read forward. I found it pretty entertaining.:rofl

See you Friday morning.

Dave
  19. WFOhillbilly

Oddometer:
    Made it back from the mountains Saturday. Had a good time, found some cool looking roads to ride and places to camp.:evil Wish I would have taken my KLR though:cry . Fishing was outta this world. In approx. 9hrs. time I caught 45 nice Rainbow Trout. Anywhere in size from 14" to 20". GOOOOD EATING!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  20. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Great looking tire, John. That should help keep you upright!

Dave