North American Tag-O-Rama!

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Blinkerfluid, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the encouragement guys but this Precious Egg is high maintenance.
    I think he's hinting to go to the Big Apple with me. Maybe get planted in Times Square...:)

We are holed up in Loveland, CO saying hey to a friend.
    Here is one of the great roads in from the northwest. RT 14 through Poudre Canyon.
    [​IMG]

More pics from the entire trip here:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Digiamo

Gotta go help a buddy with a coolant leak on his GL1800.
  2. Rectaltronics

Rectaltronics Barned

Oddometer:
    I'm sure the NYC FFs will all pounce on it eagerly.

Just make sure the cops here don't mistake you for a terrorist and the egg for some clever new kind of bomb. The paranoia here knows absolutely no limitations and there are eyes everywhere now.
  3. HeyDoc

HeyDoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As I recall there are still a few states here in the North east, that the egg has not spent any time in. There are more than a few taggers here that would love to show him around!
  4. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    This may be true, although I can't recall which ones are unegged as yet. Seem the North East has had more than it's share of this yokster. There was a map keeper a few months back that showed all the Egged locations and the NE was flush.

I would love to leave MY PRECIOUS in the last bit of the rockies before I ride east and homeward. Only concern is the harsh winters here and the possibility Egg will sit to long before an interested FF comes along.

I am in Loveland til probably tomorrow. I have a lot of voices talkin' at me. Might as well hear yours too.
  5. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    Mr. Egg schmoozes with a few buddies in Loveland, CO. We are discussing where Egg should go next, ...and which came first.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    Curt and I were at Jays' house in Denton, Nebraska last night having a good visit with what's left of this family after these kids mother died three months ago after a thirty month battle with cancer. As you can see, the story of Mr. Eggs travels has cheered them up immeasurably. What great kids, and Jay cooked us a great meal after we arrived at his house after dark on his mile and a half of gravel road.
    Jay wanted to up and ride off with us on his ST1100 Honda but is busy with the kids and house. He did, however, suggest the drop location for Egg and we are heading there currently.
    [​IMG]

Mr. Egg is willing to compromise, and split the difference between Canyonlands, Utah and Times Square, NYC.
    The drop will be made within Twenty Four hours.
    Stand By:
  7. Patrick46

Patrick46 visionary

Oddometer:
    I don't believe the EGG has spent any time in the greater Milwaukee/Chicago area at all :deal (as of yet :evil )

Ya know...it'd be cool if Mr. EGG made his way up through Sault Sainte Marie, MI, across Canada, and came back in at Niagara Falls, NY. :augie (but whaddo I know??)

Awesome ride you got going there, Danny, mah' boy!!! :clap :rayof
  8. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    We got a good talking to from the NE highway patrol yesterday for doing 10 over in a 60 zone. Here it looks like a safe 90 would be reasonable. Couldn't bring myself to ask the Trooper to pose with Mr. Egg :) :rofl
    [​IMG]

And here we stopped by for an EGG shot at the Garmin factory. Any guesses where we are heading?
    [​IMG]
  9. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    Thanks Patrick, and appologies for not seeing your post before I posted that we are already heading for a drop area. But thanks for the suggestion anyway. Maybe one of the next few EGG carriers can take it there.
  10. Wreckchecker

Wreckchecker Ungeneer to broked stuff. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Actually, the wandering egg WAS in Chicago and Canada.
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=115906224321478469904.000462c0e6a88b72a44bd&ll=39.67337,-94.96582&spn=24.992496,56.953125&z=5

(Blinkerfluid was the mapper & this is pretty out of date now.)

Of course if you want him to be somewhere, YOU have the answer!
    :ricky :ricky
  11. Patrick46

Patrick46 visionary

Oddometer:
    Huh...I guess I musta missed that!
  12. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    I had the pleasure (?) of meeting Digiamo and his partner today. Hi guys! :super
  13. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    Pleasure meeting you too Charlie.

MY PRECIOUS has a new home. I feel a weight has been lifted. After my third carry, I now feel a need to get to an Eggaholics Anonymous meeting.

Drop pic to follow soon...:deal
  14. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    Ok, so I am now ADV empowered by a strong dose of Mr. Eggs magic charms.
    ;)

Here is a shot of Larry's shop where he sold me a lightly used patched rear tire and full use of his shop to install it for $20. I gave him $40.
    [​IMG]

That's Larry holding Mr. Egg and Charlie on the machine.
  15. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    Here is Egg's new home.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Appologies for a slip I took getting this shot. I was knee deep in the magnetic waters and my water proof boots are only 16 inches high. Maybe I was affected by the magnetic variations. More likely I just tripped on a gravity wave.
    Here I try to drain my boots of the special liquid:
    [​IMG]
    Egg is in the corner of this wall behind this bush under the leaves:
    [​IMG]
    Here, behind this bush up against the wall corner:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And some of the local attractions:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...and then the ride back from the drop. The river crossing is optional and no off road is neccessary although there is plenty in the area for those who chose:
    [​IMG]
    <TABLE><TBODY></TBODY></TABLE>

Goodbye MY PRECIOUS ...I hope I brought you far enough south to not be snowed in any time soon. Happy travels!:clap and thanks for bringing FF folk together.
    [​IMG]
  16. motomac

motomac Mac

Oddometer:
    Nice Danny, I tried to help a guy fix his antique Wing in the parking area at the base of that bridge last year!!! I do love the Eureka Springs area, been to several ST eventws there over the last 3 years.
  17. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    What a coincidence...it's a great bridge. The whole area is fantastic to ride with thousands of ride options and twists and turns.

I know for sure there are FF's in the area as per Larry and Charlie. They're just lurking today...or riding for the Egg.
  18. motomac

motomac Mac

Oddometer:
    I totally agree on your choice for the egg's new digs, and yes the roads in NW AR rival any in the rest of the country. Nice job Danny!
  19. Digiamo

Digiamo Dan nyc

Oddometer:
    Thanks Mac...spent the night at Hammonds (ACL) farm in Casey, IL last night. We were treated to all the Moonshine stories.
    I love that man and his wife, Cindy.
    Wonder where the post count hounds are when you need them. ;). :clap
  20. klrdude650

klrdude650 Deerman

Oddometer:
    Found Mr. Egg per instructions, Moving again !!

It's TRUE about the powers of the spring !!! Messed my picture up if I got too close !!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gettin' ready to take another ride !

[​IMG]

More tomorrow :clap