Honda CBR250R.

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Paulvt1, Oct 27, 2010.

1. LoJack

LoJack Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's those orange wheels. Zang!

But the time spent keeping the rear wheel clean...
  2. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Yeah... I just couldn't stay away. The CBR really is a great bike.
    Thanks for the info. I will definitely look it up.
  3. LuciferMutt

LuciferMutt Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer:
    Meh. I keep the rear wheels on all my bikes clean. It wouldn't make any difference what color it is, they always get cleaned at least once a week.
  4. Flying Frisian

Flying Frisian Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  5. DiabloADV

DiabloADV Semi-Occasional

Oddometer:
    There have been a few in that price range (and less) for sale here in the Bay Area for two months. One dealer has a brand-new one for $3699.
  6. Flying Frisian

Flying Frisian Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    This one is almost brand-new and properly broken in! The first service is complete so no big bucks need to be spent on the first service. Also for Oregon buyers, the bike has a plate that is good till June 2016.
  7. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    Back on the 250 tomorrow. Lifted it an inch in the front and made my own raising links for the back, standard bars now too.

Took a month off of the 250, needed a change in position and the horsepower of my other bikes during some nasty storms. A week to Death Valley on the BMW in there too.

Looking forward to getting back on the lane splitting knife!!

:ricky
  8. Gryphon12

Gryphon12 Long timer

Oddometer:
    How did you lift the front without running out of fork tube?
  9. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    For anyone in the Phoenix, AZ area wanting a new CBR250R, both Western Honda and Apache Motorcycles has them on sale for $3199.
  10. DiabloADV

Oddometer:
    Finally stopped storming long enough to get out on mine. Nice ride out if town today. I still just love this little bike. My airhead is still under construction.
  11. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

One inch of stick out over the top triple is stock, now it's flush. Cute little clip-ons go on the fork tube over the top of the triple.
  12. DiabloADV

Oddometer:
    Whah...?

You mean, not the stock above-triple-clipons? Did you mount tubular bars...if so, how...and PICS!!!
  13. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    I was gonna take a pic later on the way to work. Lemme see if I can get something to turn out ok in the garage. BRB

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just happened to have those modified risers laying around, wanted to try it out before a spent a bunch of money. Old crappy used bars, old ugly risers. Drilled the triple and bolted them on, routed the stock cables around and got everything to reach. I just had to sit up a little bit. Still wanna get the touring screen, to get back down out of the wind.
  14. chazbird

chazbird Long timer

Oddometer:
    Larryboy: Somewhere you mentioned you regularly ride Sacramento-Berkeley-Sacramento on the CBR250R. Do you ever take 160 through the delta and the Antioch Bridge or just do the (frequent) torture route of 80? I've found without traffic its 10-15 minutes faster on 80, but with traffic, which is often, you save time on the Delta route, even with lane splitting. As you can imagine its also much nicer, but not recommended during tule fog.
  15. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

Sometimes, but not often. If 80 gets clogged I can split lanes, if there is a wreck on the levy road I'm screwed.

I work swing shift so my only real commute issue is the drunks at night after the football/baseball games.
  16. DiabloADV

Oddometer:
    I rode part of that route Saturday...out Marsh Creek, over the bridge, west on 12, Suisun Valley Rd. to Lake Berryessa...wonderful day.
  17. DiabloADV

Oddometer:
    Awesome! I'm gonna do that. Now...about the links...?
  18. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

Drilled a new hole on the stock links to make them shorter, shorter raises the bike and now I get to take all the preload out of the shock for a softer ride. I might have gotten a little greedy, the shock is extremely close to the coolant tank and frame now...might need to drill another hole to make the link slightly longer. Gonna run a day and check for rubbing.
  19. DiabloADV

Oddometer:
    Thanks...those changes (taller bike, more upright position) will make a great bike even greater, for me. I put lower pegs on it to give a little more room, but my toes catch the tarmac too often.
  20. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

I'm hoping for the same, love the little bike, just need a bit more comfort. With the taller seat and "longer" suspension I can sit flat on the seat with legs straight..flat footed now.