Evil Black Rifles and tacticool hotness

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by CodyY, Sep 17, 2012.

1. fyrfytr

fyrfytr B.U.F.F.

Oddometer:
    I ordered the Geissele SSA-E today, most here and on other forums spoke very favorably about it. The Hiperfire still interests me, perhaps for a future build.
  2. acesandeights

acesandeights Noob

Oddometer:

+1 I used to think the rails were such a joke. I had friends that talked about how many they could get on a guard. Honestly, if you need a light, get one...if you need a laser, get one, but a full guard with all the attachments...well, you might as well work at the mall.
  3. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    The problem is my stuff is new and if I'm going to go through the trouble of replacing it I'd rather go a different route. BCM Mod 0 grip and a B5 Bravo or maybe a PRS. A bottle of Rit is $5. From the looks of it a lot of people have done it and have no complaints so I'll give it a try.

Yeah BCM is getting better at stocking stuff. Only a few months ago they had no uppers, now they have a bunch. I was going to get a MK12 upper from them then changed my mind to PRI. I ended up changing my mind again and ordered a KAC AR15 E3 mod 1 upper.
  4. Manuel Garcia O'Kely

Manuel Garcia O'Kely Back at last

Oddometer:
    I'll say this for Ruger, they follow thru, got home today, box on front porch. Outer brown box, inner white box with correct padded interior, prepaid FedEx label.

They say two weeks turnaround. Going out tomorrow, so they will have it Friday.
  5. urbanXJ

urbanXJ Long timer

Oddometer:
    You don't need an FFL for an upper...I don't care how long it is or what else you have in the house.

If your worried about "intent" just configure the lower as a pistol...and you can go to the range with it while you wait on the stamp...
  6. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    The lower would have had to been DROS'ed as a pistol. In other words, a pistol can become a rifle but a rifle can't become a pistol.
  7. fyrfytr

fyrfytr B.U.F.F.

Oddometer:
    The uppers came with flash hiders, that's no-go here. Had to have them swapped for muzzle brakes and have them pinned and welded.

Can't have any NFA goodness here either.
  8. Tripl Nikl

Tripl Nikl Long timer

Oddometer:
    States may be different, but the Federal form no longer has frames with a "pistol" option, there's a specific option for the frame itself. The rumors around the campfire are that you can still build a pistol on a "frame" purchase--all the same as before. But it's new and so it's freaking people out--and understandably so.

But yes, a pistol can become a rifle and return to a pistol. But a rifle is always a rifle.

Unless it's an AOW or SBR, then it's a NFA item. :lol3

[Edit, this isn't CS&M]

Sorry, bro.
  9. fyrfytr

fyrfytr B.U.F.F.

Oddometer:
    I didn't see what you wrote, but I got a good idea. :lol3 I've got a few years left before I can leave here, but for now I just have to bide my time.

Back on track, I ordered a Geissele SSA-E trigger earlier this week, and it arrived today. I put it in a Midwest PX billet lower that also came earlier this week. All I can say is wow, amazing. I can't wait to try it out for real.
  10. 91Eunos

91Eunos zipper suited sun god

Oddometer:
    you can de-register an SBR'd lower.... But why would you?

Maybe if you moved to a State that disallows 'em I guess?

OT: Pink AR I built for my daughter:

[​IMG]
  11. Tripl Nikl

Tripl Nikl Long timer

Oddometer:
    You got the idea of what I posted. I used to have problems with California's laws--which I learned about after moving there for my first "real job" after college. I solved those issues with a U-Haul. :D

I suppose the deregistering is for specific reasons--moving, not wanting responsibility for NFA items and wanting evidence of their being de-regisistered. But I cannot see any other reason a person would do it--just lock the NFA items in a vault or safe deposit box if they're not being used.

BTW, I like the pink AR. Have you seen the Hello Kitty one that goes around in memes (pro- and anti-gun memes, it's bi-side-al on the issue, I guess):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. fyrfytr

fyrfytr B.U.F.F.

Oddometer:
  13. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
  14. fyrfytr

fyrfytr B.U.F.F.

Oddometer:
    Got a call from the shop today, brakes were installed and bayonet lug removed. Got home and mounted them up.

[​IMG]

I'm happy with them, I'll hopefully get to the range tomorrow morning.
  15. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    What brake is that? I'm looking to try a Jerry Miculek brake.since they're inexpensive and work well.
  16. fyrfytr

fyrfytr B.U.F.F.

Oddometer:
  17. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
  18. fyrfytr

fyrfytr B.U.F.F.

Oddometer:
    Would you like a cappuccino with your rifle? :lol3

I'm not sure if those were the sellers, but those are just like what I've got.
  19. Manuel Garcia O'Kely

Manuel Garcia O'Kely Back at last

Oddometer:
    So, I got an e-mail today, UPS shipping label was generated, awaiting pickup for an overnight AIR package.

I shipped it last Thursday. If I get it tomorrow that's a 7 day turnaround.

That's service.
  20. HarryBalls

HarryBalls Curmudgeonly Rider

Oddometer:
    So I've got a bit of a problem. I have two 556 rifles, a Sig 516 (short stroke piston AR-15, not the euro rifle) and an IWI tavor. Both excellent rifles. But I'm a casual shooter, and I can't justify having both...especially when I could use the money on my bike build. Any advice on which to sell would be appreciated, because I'm having trouble making up my mind. Both reliable, wonderful rifles. I've had the Sig for about 4 years and it is amazing the way it will chew through cheap dirty ammo like nothing. Not a single malfunction in thousands of rounds fired. But the tavor is reliable too, and I love how small it is.
    [​IMG]