Triumph Tiger 800

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by ScrambDaddy, Jul 12, 2010.

1. T

T --------------

Oddometer:
    A lot of us look to you as our "Test Pilot". Keep up the good work....

[​IMG]
  2. av_mech

av_mech Risk Taker

Oddometer:

Thanks man! That's a great compliment. Glad to see those Happy Trails parts on your bike! Made in the USA!
  3. advtenn

advtenn Long timer

Oddometer:

Thanks, great info. I have something to look foward to.

I wish they made a 606 for the tiger rear.. Let me know how it works on the front of the Tiger. I have a take off that I may try on my Tiger. The 606 is the best "street tire" ever on a KLR...Yes...I said street tire. They hook up like no other. It's the only tire that I will buy for the KLR.
  4. av_mech

av_mech Risk Taker

Oddometer:
    It's on my to do list to look at what it would cost to get the rear rim relaced with a narrower hoop so I could run a 130. I had a friend that had a 140-18 rim on his ktm and he could run anything between a 130 to a 150. Lots research and calculations to do to see if I could offset the cost of reworking the rim to run the cheaper 606. Plus a 606 on this bike would be outta this world!
  5. advtenn

advtenn Long timer

Oddometer:

Now thats a thought!:deal
  6. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
    Received my Evotech-Performance radiator guard today.:wink:

[​IMG]
  7. browneye

browneye PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer:

You would be lucky to get a thousand miles out of a 606 on the tiger. And it would spin up on the street. And once it got squared off would be horrible for sweepers.

While the XC was designed to go off pavement it's not a dirtbike. Suspension is limited and it's a pig at 475# so once it gets out of control a little there's no getting it back.

Consider TKC's or K60's. And another lighter bike for real offroad riding.
    JMHO.

EDIT: Just went back thru the thread and see you guys have been discussing riding offroad and have other bikes, so temper my response with that thought. Some are gonna really run these bikes hard. :D
  8. browneye

Oddometer:

That really seems like a helluva bagain for a custom setup. :thumb
  9. av_mech

av_mech Risk Taker

Oddometer:
    I'll be nice. All I'll say is spend a few hours reading my thread. Particularly the parts about Longwater Rock, Red Cone, and Schofield Pass. This is a dirt bike to me. And I ride it that way.

Sasquatch Suspension is super affordable when considering the other options out there. Of which there currently aren't many. It's really a no brainer if you want the improved performance. Night and day difference.

And on the tire note. I'll bet I get 1500 miles out of a 606. That's two new tires vs 1 TKC for the same price. Plus the 606 is gonna be way better off road, where I try to spend a majority of my time.
  10. browneye

Oddometer:
    A lot of guys like the 606 offroad. I have not run one on the Husky. Just ordered out a Scorpion Rally for it, they are about the same money as the 606. The husky burns them in about a thousand miles, the Karoo (T) went 750, and a T63 is good for about 1800. I just figured the additional weight and power of the Tiger would just burn the 606 in no time.

Seems like you would spend several hundred changing rims to be able to run a tire the SE's won't run because they don't last long enough. But maybe that's the tire for you.

Good on 'ya getting the bike out offroad. I have my husky for that so figured the XC would be my 'street' bike.

Enjoyed your info. The suspension upgrade sounds terrific.
  11. Johno33772

Johno33772 Johnny Africa

Oddometer:
    Rear tire....I am loving the Mitas E07 from MX1 in Canada, can't buy here in the US. Similar to the Heide, does pavement well & very competent on the dirt + this tire will last. I have 5500miles on my rear. I just rode the Blue Ridge Park,, Tail of the Dragon & did 1600 miles this past weekend & I am sold.
    I had 606 on my Dual Sport XR650R....it worked great, didn't last that long & broke loose without warning & the 650R tended to tear the knobs off .
  12. Flying Dave

Flying Dave Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are you running the E07 front as well? I have a set enroute and am planning a trip from Iowa to Yellowstone and back next month with a bud. I was thinking about staying with the wings but may mount up the 07's for the trip.
  13. Flying Dave

Flying Dave Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Looks nice. More details man, details......:lol3
  14. deltamark

deltamark Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    All right, I'm joining the ranks. I put a down payment on a 2012 Tiger today! I know this sounds odd, but I'm still not sure if it will be the Roadie or the XC yet. I test rode the XC and liked it, but wanted to try the Roadie. The dealer called me today and told me they're getting a Roadie from another dealer. Im planning to get one or the other. My question is, how is the headlight? I'm thinking about all the accessories I want and am wondering if the extra lights really make a big difference. I have the extra lights on my 99' RT1100, but the headlight really lacks on that bike. I already have a list of add-ons that I want, just wondering if the lights should be one of them.
  15. blacktiger

blacktiger Tigers R great.

Oddometer:
    The headlamps on the Tiger800 as standard are the best I've had on any bike. The previous best was a CBX750 waaaaaay back in the 80s.
  16. Rabbot

Rabbot Life goals-Die with memories not dreams.

Oddometer:
    Best headlight available. I added accessory lights for three reasons.

1.) I ride a lot of gravel and I want light incase my main light gets punched out by a Unidentified Flying Stone.:norton

2.) Increased Visibility is a good thing if your Number 5 in a line of bikes the dust is pretty thick. Anything I can do to alert oncoming traffic that there is one more rider, me, is a good thing. :yikes

3.) You can't have too much light.:deal
  17. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had one also Twin h4 can't be bettered in my opinion. Wee Strom lights ran the CBX close.
  18. dogmoon

dogmoon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Was hoping someone could give me some advice on changing a tube on my 2012 Tiger XC, tools needed for front and back, youtube video link or a short cut on this forum leaving for Colorado next week and I want to be prepared just in case. Thanks:1drink
  19. Rob Dirt

Rob Dirt Riding my blues away

Oddometer:
    Definately do it a few times at home & see what you need & how it's done.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qw0B2gIwbBg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mTatadVNA-c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pjJXE73rGvk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  20. Johno33772

Johno33772 Johnny Africa

Oddometer:
    Got an E07 on front as well, good on pavement & will feel light above 90mph....will do dirt as you would expect 50/50 tire should do.
    Next up the suspension....Sasquatch will be getting a package soon........