Trials Bicycles

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Charla, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Garthe

Garthe ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer:
    ^^^^^

Thank you so much Tony, Aidans going to LOVE this.

He practiced: Track standing, hopping and rocking this morning... before school.

I had to lay down a rule this morning. NO trials practice, until his BMX practice is completed.......he agreeded.

State Champ race in six weeks (BMX), then, first Trials event...the next weekend. He can't wait.
  2. Garthe

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

3' by 6', and there is 7 more-just waiting for me to pick them up...
    :clap
  3. AteamNM

AteamNM Wonna Be ADVrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Next it will be back yard alley dumpster diving. It really gets ugly from here Jim. Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot. I learned to start small diversionary fires in the bathroom or corner parking lot, then I grab those bad ass blue ones.

Excuse me sir, may I ask what you are doing?
  4. Garthe

Oddometer:
    I'm from Chicago Tony, there is a BIG list of things that have followed me home. When we're at a trial togeather, sitting around a fire, I'll tell you the story of a Hall's safe (a couple tons worth) and a rental truck:rofl.

I was planning this liberation, for weeks. At my sons school, they have been installing solar panels. When they delivered them, I saw the pallets :eek1. As I watch my the forward progress of the install. I saw the stack of pallets slowly grow :evil. They finished the first phase of the install and I knew the time was just right...

I've been in construction my whole life. The van was empty and I was ready to strike. After the parking lot was empty from the morning drop offs. I scanned the workers to see who was the Super of the job. It's so easy to tell. As I approached him, of course, he was on the phone. We made eye contact and I stepped back, to allow him to have his conversation.

He ended this phone call, I introduced myself by name and told him my son went to school here. I then told him I was building something REALLY cool for my son and needed the pallets (I knew not to say anything about Trials, then I'd have to explain ALL the details).

He smiled, and said YES, then...he even offered to help me load them into my van...:clap...:lol3

He then told me when the pallets from phase two, would be ready for pickup:D.

I unloaded the pallets in my driveway and have let them sit for a few days. Just to freak out the neighbors, "what the HELL is Garthe building NOW"...I'm sure they are all talking about the pallets on facebook...

In this shit world that we are living in now, these small victorys, mean a lot.
  5. Barron

Barron M0DAH0LIC

Oddometer:

+1, awesome grab!
  6. onto1wheel

onto1wheel n00b

Oddometer:
    heya Ateam, just noticed this post in my monthly lurk around here.
    I bought that exact same model brand new in 1997 from cosmo motors. $700 delivered I think it was.
    It still hangs in my garage. Too bad it collected way more dust than scratches.
    Doug

7. AteamNM

Oddometer:
    I was wondering what year it was. I remember Cosmo. I bought a
    Ot Pi replica brand new from Gary Jackson who got it from
    Billy Trainer who imported a few over (Irish dude). I bought it in
    1987 for $600. Strait forks and came with vee's. Of course I still
    have it and it has been ridden by many.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is another old school Monty I put together and sold it to Lineaway
    [​IMG]

Bought this when i got back into bike trials almost 4 years ago. Still
    have it but lives in Kentucky. Planet X Zebdi, no longer made from Australia.
    [​IMG]

Bought this for my nephews wife and just because it is a cool ass Monty.
    [​IMG]

There are a few more Monty's, but not on my hosting web site.
  8. onto1wheel

onto1wheel n00b

Oddometer:
    a bunch of sweet old bikes there.
    The first trialsin bike I got to play around on was just like that 1st one with the triple tree forks, but it was red, not the fancy chrome version.
  9. Mike Mc

Mike Mc Pissed off and whiskey wild

Oddometer:
  10. Garthe

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

The beginning...of the trials area.

[​IMG]
    Looks better at night.
  11. wilkinsonk

wilkinsonk soup de grimace

Oddometer:
  12. Doctor Zed

Doctor Zed Resident

Oddometer:
  13. AteamNM

Oddometer:
    Great starter bike. Sold through a local China connection. May need to replace a few components but you likely would anyway. Lets us know what you do.
  14. Sting32

Sting32 Trials Evangelist

Oddometer:
    I have this old skewl monty, I bought for the son a few years back... this is the photo from the guy I bought it from, they broke the white plastic seat off of it, replaced with a black one for now. it had the original hydraulic brakes, and they broke a lever off, so I couldnt ever find a stock lever, so now the rear brake was upgraded to a newer style from Magura? that has adjustable lever on that side.

I need to make me a bleed kit. so who is that guy on this board that fixes up these old bikes, I really want to talk to him about parts? thanks.

AteamNM, are you one I could get information from about Magura brakes? and Ill get more recent pictures tonight (if I dont forget) lol... I need the little either plastic or brass compression "ferrel?" When they fall off the bike, they rip the hoses loose from brakes or levers, so right now I removed it from "available to ride" status, becuase trying to get the brakes pumped up if I even had the ferrels, is a beyotch...

I tbought mine was about 84 era, has non round downtube to pedals, if you cannot tel from pictures... if that helps decide what year it might be?

thanks to all and anyone for any help or information.

[​IMG]
    Image4 by stingre, on Flickr
  15. Sting32

Oddometer:
    No Help?
  16. Barron

Barron M0DAH0LIC

Oddometer:
    I've never put hydraulic brakes on a bike cause I like keeping things simple, and if I were you I'd take this opportunity to swap to cables, I run the on two mountain bikes I have and love them. They stop great and have a great feel to them. Just my $.02
  17. AteamNM

Oddometer:
    So very sorry.

You can buy the Magurra bleed kit, about $25 bucks that will have all the basic olives, ferrules, etc. I recommend buying this kit. You can also contact Brycer and send him your brakes. Brycer will bleed and service them to incredible condition. Then buy good pads like TNN pads or Heatsink pads. You can also just dive into it after reading this and watching a few videos, do the Google - bleeding hydraulic bicycle brakes.

Brycer add here and FWIW I have a set of 2006 Olympic model Maggies on rear. I have TNN backings and TNN pads.

PAYMENT AND SHIPPING:
    Paypal works best for me, but money orders are also ok. My paypal address is: uniflasher@hotmail.com. Shipping will be $8 for USPS Priority Mail shipping in the US (2-3 days) and $13 for first class shipping to Canada (7-9 days). I ship the day after I receive funds.

BLEEDING / TESTING:
    Bleeding hydraulic brakes is messy and no fun - and so you won’t have to deal with fluid leaks, after I assemble and bleed them with fresh Magura blue blood, I test them all for leaks by putting the wheel cylinders into a custom test jig that I made. There, I’ll cycle the brake pistons under full power to check for proper function and leaks without having to bolt them up to a unicycle frame.

MORE BRAKES AND PARTS:
    E-mail me if you want something different or digital pictures of something in particular. I also have a good selection of less expensive nice used HS33 and HS22 brakes.

BTW, I also have these available separately:

* New Magura four bolt mounts with stainless hardware are $15/per wheel for used and $25/per wheel for new
    * Magura rim brake bleed kits are $22
    * Other parts and supplies for Magura rim brakes

Cheers,
    Brycer1968
    503-358-2252

OTN tutorial here:

http://www.observedtrials.net/vb/f21/fool-proof-rim-brake-bleeding-36075/

Vee's versus hydro. I have installed vees on my old school Monty. Easy to repair in the field and newbies can beat the hell out of vees.
    http://www.observedtrials.net/vb/f21/hydro-vees-35814/

May as well read this:
    http://www.observedtrials.net/vb/f21/beginner-faq-36642/

This should get you sorted and please PM with questions, I just missed the paging Ateam on the white courtesy thing. :wink:
  18. Sting32

Oddometer:
    Thanks, that was the info I need, I will look him up next week I think.
  19. AteamNM

Oddometer:

Chris, I didn't forget about you!

[​IMG]
  20. Garthe

Oddometer:
    Bump for a cool thread...