AR SLAP Trax

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by DrLewall, Feb 17, 2011.

1. EnduroRdr

EnduroRdr Woods Racer & D/S Rider

Oddometer:
    Formerly BR-LA, LR-AR, Houston-Tx, now SouthMS
    Any of you guys have some good routes around Mena you want to share here? Looking for dirt, gravel, mostly. My 2 sons and I are going to the area next week (after the rains stop :lol3) Anyway looking for some good routes for us to try out.

thanks
  2. TAPnTX

TAPnTX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Doc for all the great info, now if the weather will cooperate so I can get there for a few days to do some well needed DS riding!!!

Todd
  3. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    water crossing right now are very dangerous, but fun to look at and watch..if we dont get any more rain for the next 3 weeks, we should be good for SLAP..
  4. JasonK94Z

JasonK94Z Crash Tester

Oddometer:
    That aint no lie. We were down there camping at Haw Creek on the 15th and 16th. There is a pretty long water crossing just east of there that was rollin hard! :eek1 We had to turn around and go another route.
  5. JasonK94Z

JasonK94Z Crash Tester

Oddometer:
    I'd like to see a route that includes Pannell Rd and maybe even Warloop Rd as well in the same ride. I'm ready for something challenging. :evil I'll be bringing another KLR rider with me to SLAP, and this will be his first time in Arkansas. I need to make sure he's impressed.
  6. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    I think I posted those on page 1...we can get you on both of em! Look at post #3
  7. JasonK94Z

JasonK94Z Crash Tester

Oddometer:

Awesome! Thanks Doc!
  8. Zecatfish

Zecatfish XTique Rider

Oddometer:
    Okay, I've put together a track idea.
    If done in one day it would be a LONG one, I would suggest it be broke down.
    I've ridden very little of it. So don't be surprised if we encounter deadends, impassible creeks, or something else that requires a detour.

It should interesting to say the least. I tried to avoid AR 215 to Oark as much as possible.

Attached Files:

9. JasonK94Z

JasonK94Z Crash Tester

Oddometer:
    Here is a loop that me and a couple of friends rode on the 16th of this month. Verym very nice route, but it started and ended at Haw Creek where we camped. Maybe some of this route could be used for a ride out of White Rock?

Attached Files:

10. JasonK94Z

JasonK94Z Crash Tester

Oddometer:
    And another that includes White Rock, Bobby Hopper Tunnel, Fly, Pannell Rd, and Oark. 181 miles. This one and the other one came from 10cup before I made my last trip down there.

Attached Files:

11. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    Looks like a fun track Catfish!

Looks good Jason, I took the liberty of converting it to a track and posting it above.
  12. Zecatfish

Zecatfish XTique Rider

Oddometer:
    Okay I butchered it up with roads you will not find on some maps. :deal
    I also lotted out the tracks closer to the roads so its easier to follow on the map.
    I don't use routes and like a little more detail on my tracks. This is a dirty hack.

Attached Files:

13. Bell47Pilot

Bell47Pilot MonkeyButt

Oddometer:
    Last year Elvis took us on both roads and then back up Pannell. I pussed out on the ride up Pannell cause I had to ride my bike back to Dallas and I thought there was a chance of bending something going that way.

At the Hillbilly DS last month Doc led us down Pannell rd and I turned around and rode up it till my pigboat decided to waller and throwd me off :D
  14. JasonK94Z

JasonK94Z Crash Tester

Oddometer:
    My new Moab shock, fork springs, and Race Tech emulators have transformed my KLR. Now if I could just make it shed a hundred pounds :lol3

The "181 Oark Fly Pannell Hopper" route looks like the one I am going to try and ride. I just need to find a way to make that route start and stop at White Rock. Not quite sure how to do that. I use City Nav on my Garmin 60CSx, so I'm not sure if it just picks up the route wherever i start, or if I'll have to go in mapsource and redo the route.
  15. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    looking at that track, you can start there at WR..so you are good to go
  16. Crazy Catamount

Crazy Catamount n00b

Oddometer:

I will be on my KLR also, and gravel sounds good! Let me know who you are following and you will have another KLR rider avoiding single track.
  17. JasonK94Z

JasonK94Z Crash Tester

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a plan. I have a 03 KLR with a black and silver front fender on it. Will be with another KLR that is a 09 black and red I think. We will be hauling in his silver Honda Ridgeline truck. We'll be the ones getting drunk and drunker :freaky :lol3
  18. Bell47Pilot

Bell47Pilot MonkeyButt

Oddometer:
    Doc, can you lead us on that route? I like highspeedleapfroggin behind ya:D
  19. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    Hell I can lead y'all anywhere..even astray! :evil
  20. JasonK94Z

JasonK94Z Crash Tester

Oddometer:
    I'm with Bell. Leading causes me to look at my gps too much. To the point I liked to have rode off a cliff. :lol3