Post Dust2Dawson BBQ at Trail's End BMW

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by TheSeeker, Feb 10, 2012.

1. TheSeeker

TheSeeker Slingin' Steel

Oddometer:

Neanderdahl, We'd love to have you join us. We are a KTM-friendly zone as well! :lol3

As a matter of fact, I've had a healthy dose of Orange Kool-Aid circulating in my blood as well. (Just don't tell anyone...) :rofl:rofl:rofl

We'll have reserved KTM parking right next to the DR's!
  2. Scoutman

Scoutman Misanthropic Drifter

Oddometer:
    We'll be heading over to North Pole after D2D, so we will definitely stop in for some BBQ and do a little caraousing!:D
  3. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    Can you arrange for Jerry to do all the cooking? I know he loves that sort of thing.
  4. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Justin,
    Is the BBQ on? Can you please update?
    Thanks
  5. TheSeeker

TheSeeker Slingin' Steel

Oddometer:
    YES!!! YES!!! & YES!!! The Post Dust2Dawson BBQ is on for June 24th, 2012 at Trail's End BMW in beautiful Fairbanks, Alaska... :freaky :freaky :freaky

Details will emerge as we draw nearer. We're working on getting a big headliner... Like R.E.O. Speedwagon. :lol3
  6. Mekongfrank

Mekongfrank Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Justin, I guess it's well over a year since we met down south in El Calafate, Argentina. I'm still on my slow way north, right now in Belize City. Alas, I'll have to speed up a bit now, but I hope to be in Mexico in a couple of days, in AZ or CA early May and if I don't get distracted too much I should make it to Dawson in time for the meeting. Fairbanks is on my way further north anyway, so count me in and reserve some cold ones for this old German and maybe new tires and fresh oil for his worn out Beemer!
  7. clearcut

clearcut Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Throw another shirmp on....
  8. AKRoadrunner

AKRoadrunner Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I plan on being there. I'm gonna do my best to make the Dust2Dawson, but I will definitely be at the BBQ.
  9. buduski

buduski Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Justin, I'll be riding solo from West Virginia, stopping by the D2D for a couple days, then onto Fairbanks. This works out perfectly, I have a room at the UA Fairbanks starting Sunday night. "I love it when a plan comes together!"

Is your shop far from the university?
  10. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie Supporter

Oddometer:
    bump!
  11. TheSeeker

TheSeeker Slingin' Steel

Oddometer:
    It will be good to tip back some tasty fresh brews with you Frank. :freaky Looking forward to seeing you and actually getting some riding in with you this time! :lol3
  12. TheSeeker

TheSeeker Slingin' Steel

Oddometer:
    Considering you are coming in from WV, nope... not far. UAF dorms are about 2 miles from the shop...
  13. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you are in the Anchorage area you are welcome to some home cooked German food and Beer. My wife is one hell of a cook. She is from Heidelberg area.
  14. TheSeeker

TheSeeker Slingin' Steel

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the bump "ThatGuy"... Spring hit us in full swing here in Fairbanks. The shop has been slammed busy with bikes flying out the door. I did get a sweet trip in down to Homer on a brand new 2012 BMW K16GTL though, so I guess being busy has its perks. Hopefully soon I'll get some photos uploaded from that trip on the www.trailsendbmw.blogspot.com blog page. :huh

For now however, I'll just get to the point...

Post Dust2Dawson BBQ at Trail's End BMW

Trail's End BMW will be hosting a free afternoon BBQ at the shop from 11-3 on Sunday, June 24th! :clap
    This will be a family style, low key BBQ with dogs, brats, burgers & fixin's, cold salads, maybe some chips...:dg

Come on by on your way into Fairbanks for some tasty free food, use the restrooms, relax, check out our store and share stories from the road.

Around 3 pm we can take a group ride somewhere in the area. If the weather is bad, it'll probably be a short ride. :lol3

If the weather is great, probably be a little longer...:p3rry

Our afternoon destination will be the HOWLING DOG SALOON in downtown FOX, ALASKA, where the annual FOODSTOCK festival will be in full swing. Live music, sand volleyball, drinking, dancing and general merriment will be on hand. Five cans of food or $5US Dollars is the price of admission and all proceeds go to a local Fairbank's Food Shelf.

The Howling Dog has a great bar that serves LOTS of tasty beer and their kitchen puts out my favorite cheesesteak in town. Lollipop will mix you the cocktail of your choice better than any other.:deal

Directly across Fox's Main St. is Silver Gulch Brewery and Restaurant, source of gallons upon gallons of barley pop joy for Fairbanksans and tourists alike, and has a great menu if you're looking for a place to sit down to eat dinner.

The proprietor of the Howling Dog has offered up free camping for any of the Dust2Dawson participants who'd like a place to park their bike and pitch a tent for the night. :kumbaya Be prepared to camp on mine tailings: i.e. have a decent sleeping pad or drink many tasty cold beverages before getting horizontal. :1drink Sounds like the music is going until midnight or so... which is roughly 5 minutes after sunset and 5 minutes before sunrise:huh or something like that...

If you are staying at UAF you can come enjoy the music and the icy cold DRAUGHT ROOT BEER, stay sober and ride the short 5-10 mile ride back to campus.

Looking forward to seeing you all in Dawson City! And then here in Fairbanks!

:freaky

-Justin
    trailsendbmw@gmail.com
  15. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Like the idea of the tent spot!
  16. Mekongfrank

Mekongfrank Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sounds good - I should be in Anchorage around July 1st, after Prudhoe Bay. Btw, I'm from Stuttgart, about 100km south of Heidelberg. See you at D2D or in Fairbanks.
  17. crash!!!

crash!!! Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a great time and I will be there!
  18. TheSeeker

TheSeeker Slingin' Steel

Oddometer:
    Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing you all here or in Dawson City! :clap
  19. TheSeeker

TheSeeker Slingin' Steel

Oddometer:
    Getting pretty excited to depart for D2D! :clap

And it even looks like the roads in the Yukon could be open for the lesser 48'ers to make it too! :rofl

Bring on Dawson...
  20. winterbikker

winterbikker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Eastern Ontario-best Sunday PM roads anywhere
    Hey Justin! We met you at the D2D. Can't make the BBQ as we're on our way up the Dempster but will be coming through Fairbanks next week and need some service. Here's the list:

Dieter Front brake pads for 2009 BMW GSA installed
    Steve Rear brake pads for 2005 BMW GS and oil change installed
    Jean Rear mud guard that bolts to final drive broke off. Need new one installed.
    Robyn 20,000 kms service (she called before and booked it)

Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you need to order something.

See you soon!