Hacks-n-Pups

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by PackMule, Dec 20, 2007.

1. clocklaw

clocklaw Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know how you feel...unfortunately, the Beagle I rescued this last spring gets motion sickness :cry. My Manchester Terrier (rescue about 6 years ago now) doesn't get carsick but doesn't like the bike's engine noise. So they stay home when we ride. Fortunately, I have 2 grown son's that take good care of them and love them too! :clap
  2. Boondox

Boondox Travels With Barley

Oddometer:
    Give the pup a ginger snap about half an hour before the ride. Ginger is a natural anti-emetic. Worked very well for a couple carsick pups we had.
  3. clocklaw

clocklaw Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cool, I'll give that a shot.

mobile Clocklaw
  4. jtskir222

jtskir222 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  5. jtskir222

jtskir222 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  6. jtskir222

jtskir222 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  7. jtskir222

jtskir222 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  8. jtskir222

jtskir222 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    some cool dogs here...
    wish i had a bike..
    but it's all work no play....:cry
    [​IMG]
  9. 42

42 Bokononist

Oddometer:
  10. coupe1942

coupe1942 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow! This thread has sort of slowed down a bit since I last posted. I took my two dogs to the groomer this week. When I picked them up at Petco, I took them on the leashes to the car and had my wife pay for the grooming. We waited quite a while for her, but she took a really long time to come out to the car. When she came outside, she had a couple with a mini schnauzer trailing behind her. Yup, we inherited another riding partner, as my wife could not turn the dog down. The couple was giving it away and could not care for it. My wife is a softie and I guess I am too, but we really didn't need a third dog and if our landlord finds out, he may just have us in the doghouse for sure. My rig is apart at present, as I just had it powder coated and I am only mocking fenders and all into place at the moment. I can't really train this new dog (Hope) just yet, as the bike is not roadworthy just yet. I named her Hope, as my wife hopes we can keep her and I hope that we don't get into trouble by doing so. I know now that I can never take my wife with me to the groomer's again. :-)

Any rate, my rig is being done up into a Dog Taxi theme. It will have checkerboards on the fenders, tank and hack. The taxi sign will likely be placed onto the trunk decklid, as I seldom ride with a spare tire these days. Lots of ideas to ponder in what all I want on the bike to contrast with the orange color. The dogs are ticked that they have to wait for me to put it all back together before they can ride. Not in a hurry to get it done, as I want it done up right. Any rate, here are just a few random flickr pics to share with you. No pics of Hope just yet. She is a silver back gray color and a small dog, for sure. I have ridden with three dogs in the past, but I have no idea as to how easy she will be to train as a new hack partner. Hope to have some hack buddy photos of her in the Dog Taxi before long, but this may take a bit before getting it all back together.
    Enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/8113650460/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/8113650642/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/8091883280/
  11. NitroMax

NitroMax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't forget:

[​IMG]

:D
  12. coupe1942

Oddometer:
    :-) That is funny...

Yes, I have considered the dash and various instruments to add, but right now I'm just concentrating on doing the rig and adding the checkerboards. If you ever price a real meter and such on Ebay, you will see that would get costly pretty quickly. Those NY taxis, Checkers and Yellow Cab folk pay some hefty prices on such stuff. I have found at least one meter and working Taxi flag at a local antique store, but the price was waaaaay to high to pick it up. I am still trying to decide the wording for the "cutsie" Taxi Fare sign and just where I wish to place it. (Probably beneath the hack door). That sign will post some various prices for trips. (Ideas only):

Initial Charge = One tin of Little Ceasar's.
    Doggie Treat per 1/5th mile.
    T-Bone Steak = Night surcharge.
    First Born Child = Fuel surcharge.
    Photos = Free service on the second Tuesday of each week.

Here is a really crappy photo on my flickr set, but it at least explains the funny Taxi Fare idea. That sign is not placed where I'll end up with mine, but neither is the checkerboard pattern on the tank. It is just used for me planning some ideas to ponder. Not sure what a sign person can do towards making one of these as I want.

I'm having to watch my wallet on what I'm spending on this rebuild job, so the graphics are cheaper to contend with than the meter and such. Still looking for a small Taxi Cap for my dogs to wear. Lots to do before this rig hits the road once again, but the Dog Taxi concept will be fun, I'm sure.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/8120041675/

If anyone has any better or funnier sayings/charges to consider for the Taxi Fare sign, please add them. It is somewhat limited as to how much I can put on one or how long the sentences are, I suspect.
  13. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    Bryson morphed into the Devil today...

[​IMG]

Sent from the voices in my head, and transcribed by their drinking buddy.
  14. GSBS

GSBS FunHog

Oddometer:
    Roscoe, Bailey and me exiting the newly-reopened Swann Covered Bridge in Blount County, AL:

[​IMG]
  15. RidingDonkeys

Oddometer:
    Schnauzers always look distinguished in a sidecar. I think its the awesome beards.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy.
  16. DRONE

DRONE Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Dog is my co-pilot . . . and navigator. :lol3
  17. davebig

davebig Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer:
    Dog is my co-pilot . . . and navigator. :lol3[/QUOTE]

Is he responsible for that sunshine ? I gotta get more Schnauzer ! Its in the 50's I've been sick Justins restless and we're both jealous.DB
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not exactly what the thread means but close enough for today.
    Justin says there ain't no stinkin blitzkrieg when your panzers in the shop, even if it is 50ish today and the sun turned up briefly.DB
  18. coupe1942

Oddometer:
    We just got a new mini-schnauzer this past week. I can't let my wife take my dogs to PetCo ever again, as she went there with my two dogs to get them groomed and then brought back this 3rd dog. Someone gave the dog to her for free, because they couldn't care for it. Next time she'll probably bring back a guila monster or such. We named her Hope, as my wife hopes we can keep her and I am hoping my land lord doesn't find out about the extra dog. Any rate, my ride is undergoing a rebuild and I have not had the opportunity to give Hope any rides so far. My Bichon, Murph, was out in the hack today and trying to offer up some suggestions as to where to put some graphics. I didn't have the heart to tell him I wasn't using that particular decal. He misses riding and is anxious to get the rig back on the road. No pics of Hope just yet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/8176780271/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/8176780119/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/8176779805/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/8176779651/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/8176778893/
  19. RidingDonkeys

Oddometer:
    Hey Coupe, if you click the "Grab the HTML code" it will give you the link to paste the photo here in the thread like this.

[​IMG]

But the problem is I couldn't find photos of that schnauzer! Let's see the bearded one!:D:D:D
  20. RockyMtnRoadRash

RockyMtnRoadRash Useful and decorative

Oddometer:
    I've had enough retreivers over the years that I can read their minds in this picture:

"I hear water, there's water! I want to jump in it and get all wet and smelly that will be AWESOME hey why aren't we getting out there's WATER!"