Anyone ever bought from FC-moto in Germany?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by swimmer, Jan 15, 2010.

1. we11ington

we11ington n00b

Oddometer:
    I ordered with the UPS COD option and two days later its showing as dispatched an movin through Germany. I will keep you guys updated with it progress. As I havent paid anything yet I couldnt care less what happens. It's their business to lose...!!:ear
  2. Twilight Error

Twilight Error Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer:

I'd forgotten about this thread...

Anyhow, the helmet arrived via USPS the day after it hit NY. There was no hassle at the door, I just had to sign for it and the box was left in my hands. Packing left a lot to be desired, the Nolan box was a bit foxed around the corners from where it had bumped around in the larger shipping box, but the helmet was flawless.
  3. Algarve Nick

Algarve Nick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ordered a load of stuff from Portugal and it came and went back. Probably down to Portugal's incompetent couriers rather than the German company addressing wrongly BUT it took weeks of emailing and finally threatening legal action before they got back to me. Then, and only then, I got my money back. I will NEVER deal with them again.
  4. phelan77

phelan77 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    there is another german website which i have tried. motoin.de

Ordered a leather suit and it arrived within 5 days:clap

Shipping was 16 euro:freaky
  5. wiz.au

wiz.au Ceased riding for now.

Oddometer:
    After being stuffed around with FC-Moto lying they had the X551 helmet in stock, and delay after delay after delay, I gave up a little after two weeks waiting for it to be shipped ("in stock" my arse!) and I got it from Motostorm in Italy, EUR11 cheaper, and shipped in three days.
  6. AceRider01

AceRider01 Fully Loaded

Oddometer:
    Well guys, my experience in the past with FC Moto has not been the best to put it politely. - but they do have the best price, and in the past 5 months i notice that they added UPS Courier as an delivery option as well showing some items are "in stock".

With the landed price being 50% cheaper that the rape price we have to pay in Australia. I thought i give them another go when i decided to order some GIVI tox and side boxes. I was prepare to wait a couple month for the items to show up.

Ordered on Thursday 17th german time, and the system advised me that on Monday 21th that the items are shipped by UPS but did not give me an UPS number - thought to myself here we go again. So i rang them on Tuesday and was promptly and professionally send an email with a tracking number - because of the time difference i didnt check the number until the next day - oops, invalid number. Another call, she says she will investigate and get back to me. She rang me 30 minutes later from germany to give me the correct tracking number. And their system finally generate an automated email 2 days after the package was sent!!!

Got the goods today on the 25th. :clap check the packages - from the package boxes looks like their local GIVI wholesaler sent the boxes on 18th and they dispatched on 21st, within 2 working days after my initial order.

In summary:

1) looks like FC moto has hired a professional team to answer the calls and handle all the admin stuff;

2) their UPS fee is a highly discounted fee they probably paid (they are huge boxes) - charged me $50euro for one 55litre topbox and a pair of E21 box to express deliver to Aus - The retail UPS rate would be around the $US200 plus :clap

3) Their system is still not perfect - but a serious effort has been made to get things up with the best - i only hope this will continue.

I suggest everyone give them a try on non-time critical items - they dont charge u till delivery but will authorise your cc which goes away in 5 days if they havent deliver.

-----

hope they keep up with the efforts
  7. James Adams

James Adams wut

Oddometer:
    I ordered a helmet from them just a week ago and they shipped promptly and DHL has already handed over the package to USPS. Can't say the same for my Biker-Land order which shipped a few days earlier and hasn't been even entered the US yet.
  8. AceRider01

AceRider01 Fully Loaded

Oddometer:
    i think the critical thing is how fast the shipment leave their premises - once on route it's all up to the courier/post carrier. I had very good experiences with bikerland in the past.
  9. T1G3R

T1G3R Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone know of a working discount code for FC-Moto? I found one for 5% off but I'm curious about any others. Thanks.
  10. James Adams

James Adams wut

Oddometer:
    The 5% off one is the only one that I know of. I used it recently and it works.
  11. skolios

skolios n00bee

Oddometer:
    I Ordered an AGV AX-8 Dual Evo Helmet on the 22nd of October, mailed to Amsterdam, the Netherlands. After a week of not hearing anything from them I got in touch with their customer support (29th of October) and even though they informed my that the specific combination of size colour was not in stock, next day (30th) I received an email that the helmet was on the way. Next morning the package was delivered (DHL), andn everything was in order.

It seems that their logistics/inventory is a bit out of sync :1drink, but some item prices are very "competitive" (got the helmet for 85 euro cheaper than the second cheapest price I could find).

Customer support was slightly difficult to reach, but when finally got in contact with a person, they were helpful and kind.

Overall I would buy items from them again as long as it's not something urgent, since from my & other user's experience, it appears that their delivery times are not consistent, but rather depend on the availability which is not necessarily the one that is declared in the product page.

Cheers
  12. ertes

ertes Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ordered Sidi Crossfire Feb 1st. They just arrived.
    Wow! Saved about 250 as I got them $320 shipped.
    My new favotite store for adv gear from now on :clap
  13. BigTony

BigTony Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    3 pairs of sidis on separate occasions (adventure gore tex, vortice, and crossfire 2 srs)

All flawless transactions and saved a ton. The savings went to my head and I couldn't stop ordering more boots!
  14. KTM Deano

KTM Deano Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just placed an order but received no confirmation email although it does show up on my account on their page with an order number.

I've emailed them asking them to confirm that they have received the order but have not received a reply yet.
  15. Seppo

Seppo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    bought a kriega backpack about a year ago. took some time to get it, but no big deal. its the only shop i found that carried kriega gear here in central europe.
    few month ago, i accidentally burned the buckle that connects the straps on your chest at the exhaust. still waiting for the part but the kriega stuff has been very supportive and comunicative throughout the process. said the need to wait for the part to be shipped by kriega.
    after all, very happy with the shop and will definitely buy again.
  16. gbtw

gbtw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I shop with them sometimes, even had to return something to them (Schuberth SRC that failed within the week, the next unit failed after 2 months, im now done with it can't be bothered to return it again), the only downside was that it took a week or so.

Be careful if any of you want to fly in, their shop doesn't have everything and their warehouse is located a few kilometers away. Call before so they can move some inventory over.
  17. RomaDakota

RomaDakota Experts agree!!

Oddometer:
    Just purchased a jacket off ebay from FC. Arrived in less than 2 weeks.
  18. sngltrc

sngltrc Mind

Oddometer:
    a Nexx X.D1 Voyager for about $165 less than anywhere advertised in USA. Not in stock, but not anywhere else either. Had a confirmation email in minutes. Hold on CC, but not dinged until helmet ships. I can wait a bit for that savings.
  19. Camarodude

Camarodude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So for the US people ordering from Europe, what do you do if you need to get a different size than what you ordered?
  20. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    If you are not nearly 100% sure what size you need probably better to order in the US. I wouldn't want to deal with the cost/hassle/delay of having to send something back