Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    I even gave her a good bath before taking her over to Guy's nice, clean garage! Thanks for helping me unload her today Guy, she's a handful at 600+ pounds! I'll swing by the parts store and get new spark plugs and 15 weight fork oil. How many ml's of fork oil should I buy?

Dang Chuck, You're serious about saddle time on that bike! 32,000 + miles on that GS already?! I'm envious! Who's doing your shoulder?
  2. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great job guys :clap Nice pics Madstrom :thumb Hope your recovery goes quick Chuck :deal
  3. rockjohn

rockjohn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great pics, hope there was no frost bite involved.
  4. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the photos Mickey. Awesome day. Great ride despite the cold temperature. Special thanks to Gerbing for keeping me warm for almost 9 hours and over 300 miles. Great idea to wash all the salt and dust off the bikes toward the end of the ride. Instead of blow drying the bike in the wind all the water froze in place until I got home and into the warm garage.

I'm going to miss riding with you guys over the next couple of months.
    chuck
  5. Greenflyfarmer

Greenflyfarmer I'm better now.

Oddometer:
    Yeah I was in the car heading west on 60 and passed your bikes in Flat Rock at the gas station. We were heading to a memorial service off of 20 below Scottsville. It was cold for you two. Gee wiz, I was cool in the car.
  6. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    That was a great ride and nice pics. I'll be emulating it shortly. Am departing on Thursday for a BMW rally in Florida. The Winter Rally. Coolest rally in Florida. Literally. Looks like it will be in 20's departing here, high in the 50's there, with it dropping to the 20's at night. Glad I've got good camping gear. I tell you what, there is nothing like 10 hrs on the interstate in 20 and 30 degree temps. Even with electrics, it still sucks the life right out of you. Isn't that why we ride?

jeff
  7. MADSTROM

MADSTROM Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I had ice all over mine when I pulled into the garage too.
  8. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lemme check the Manual and I'll let you know.

Also, right after I pushed it in last evening a drop of "something" immediately appeared on the floor under the LH cover. Couldn't tell at the time if it was wash water, or the clutch fluid dribble you'd described. If it's clutch fluid I'd recommend replacing the slave cylinder seal since that really the only place it can be coming from ...assuming the banjo bolt washers are not leaking. Will have to pull that cover to really tell.

[​IMG]
  9. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mich, we can do that. I'll let you know when to bring it over.
  10. rctr

rctr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    chuck, if you need anything i am right around the corner. (even if the bike feels the needs to leave the garage)
    let us know how the surgery goes.
    jimmy
  11. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Eddy, what appeared on the floor last night must have been water. It had evaporated by this morning.

Each of your fork legs holds 524 ml, therefore you will need 2 qts.

12. Eddy Alvarez

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I did spray the bike down with bike wash and and then I rinsed her off really well at the carwash just before heading over to your place. If the drip continues, please let me know...
  13. kwn306

kwn306 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Guy, There is no NEC requirement for the refg to be on a GFI becuase of the compressor, that's the good news, bad news, run another circuit to the refg, now adult beverage is cold :1drink:1drink:1drink
  14. kwn306

kwn306 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Because of concrete floor, any dedicated receptacles (i.e., refg) doesn't have to be.
  15. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, we durn sure have the technology to do that, but not now. Gots other stuff I need to do....... like work on Eddy's bike. :lol3
  16. Eddy Alvarez

Oddometer:
    Have you seen this? http://bmwmcmag.com/

Sandy Cohen (of BMW ON fame) has launched a new BMW magazine. I have ordered all of the back issues and subscribed for two years. Being a bike magazine geek/collector, I like it very much as the pages are thick, the photos are quite nice, the spine is bound and they have so far been enjoyable to read.
    Also, Touratech has a few copies of "Ten Years on Two Wheels" that they are selling for $48 each. A great price considering that people on Amazon and eBay are trying to get $100 (or much more) per book.
  17. DirtDoctor

DirtDoctor Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Chuck, good luck with the shoulder surgery. Hope your wing is back to normal soon. Look forward to riding with you once you're well.

Greg
  18. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Eddie,
    You'd better jump on that while you can. That is the MSRP for the book. They must has done a new printing.
    j
  19. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
  20. Eddy Alvarez

Oddometer:
    JHVA,
    Are you keeping your magazines? I need issues 2 and 3 if you have them.

Jeff, Yes, it is a third printing, hardback as well.