Honda Trail 90

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by familyman, Feb 21, 2006.

1. familyman

familyman I have bad ideas

Oddometer:
  2. donsolo

donsolo MasterOfLosingMaps

Oddometer:
    postie bikes were a train 110.

It's the same bike really.

They're uber.

I want one.
  3. chuckklr04

chuckklr04 Banned

Oddometer:
    Want one bad. Will not drive more than 200 miles for it though!
  4. Rad

Rad Done riding

Oddometer:
    Trail 90, nice bikes but I found I had to max the preload on the rear shock when I rode two up with fully loaded Jesse's :lol3

Ok, so mine was a regular Honda S90, I still loved the little shit and I could see 60 MPH if I hugged the bars and the down hill was steep enough and long enough:clap
  5. Photog

Photog Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer:
    I had an S-90. Fun little thing. Never gave up...just kept purring along.

Neat, competent little machines. Never say die personality.

:clap

Best deal going, IMHO, is EatAtJoe's used S90. Give him a shout for a price on his. I really want it but can't make a move on anything for another week or so due to the move and another medical-related purchase that's first in line. :bluduh
  6. familyman

Oddometer:
    I'd buy joe's bike in a second if I thought that my wife wouldn't hurt me badly. Same reason I'm not actually going to bid on that e-bay bike. I could pretend I'm a big burly man that can do anything I want but the truth is I'm typing this with one hand because I have my 8 week old in the other and I've sent my wife off to bed while I get the baby asleep because she has a job to go to tomorrow and I don't. When you don't contribute one dime to the household income you choose your toys carefully. :D
  7. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:
    the best website out there for CT90 and 110 parts is www.dratv.com . I own a 1970 and a 71 though at one time I was up to 5 ct's....several were beyond being saved. A healthy 90 engine is good for about 40 - 45 mph and in low range they will go just about anywhere. Mine gets about 85 mpg reguardless of how easy or hard I ride it. I am working on getting the 70 ready for the road and the plan is to put a 125cc Lifan engine in it with the 145 overbore kit. This also goes to a manual clutch. The good dr has the details on the site. i also have some goodies for the stock engine such as a racing cam etc.
  8. familyman

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that link, you have convinced me to bid, I doubt I'll get to that guys reserve, but now I know that basically all parts are available so it would be a kick ass project. I only have to tell my wife if I actually win. Lets hope that doesn't happen. :lol3
  9. Seth S

Oddometer:
    I looked at that auction briefly and didnt read it but the bike looked like it was going to need a good amount of work. In my experience with the honda ct90's its worth spending the $600 - $1000 for a good condition bike vs the $200 for one that needs a major overhaul as you will spend $500 or more reviving it. The difference being you can spread the project out over time and customize as you go. If you need any help let me know. There is also a real big group on yahoo groups that has a ton of info. i used to be on it quite a bit but dont go there much these days. Sometimes you get lucky and find a ct90 in a barn thats mint....have heard of many.

where are you located (what state?)
  10. familyman

Oddometer:
    I'm in Houston Texas. I don't need another bike to ride, I really just want a project, putting in the money over time isn't a problem at all, I'd really love a $100 basket case to tell you the truth, as long as the frame and wheels are sound (and a title could be had) I'd be happy to strip it and paint it and mechanically restore it just for fun over the course of a year or so. Seems like a good family of bikes to get into, I started on an ATC 70 a long time ago, the small bikes would be appropriate for my kids to ride, hell, my wife would probably even ride one, her first motorcycle experience was on a mini trail clone that her parents still own. We'll see how it all shakes out, but I think I'd like to get one of these to play with in the next year or so. They're cheap, parts are cheap and titled running ones seem to hold a fairly steady value, can't beat that.
  11. Seth S

Oddometer:
  12. Oldsalt

Oldsalt Oldsalt

Oddometer:
    Loggin roads,and bush trails of Interior BC Canada
    CT90's are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Unfortunately the one you are looking at is a piece of crap. Keep lookin !
    Check out mine at http://community.webshots.com/album/192436367tZYJrs
  13. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    My first motorcycle was like that yellow one... but mine had the overlay sprocket. I put 10,000 miles in a year on that sucker.
  14. KL5A

KL5A Bugs are the new black

Oddometer:
    I wonder how many of us started out on Trail 90's?
    I wore mine out. The oversized pistons fit in the jug without being bored :rofl and the chain got worn down to nubs that the chain kind of rattled over, and then there was the time my brother was working on it, put the wrong size bolts in the footpeg bracket, causing the pegs to fall over while I was standing up on them and that was an unpleasant crash, made worse by the handle for the folding handlebars catching me square in the jellies as I went over. The wife sold my CT90 and a project S90 for $50 :deal while I was off hunting :cry . I'm very surprised at just how expensive they've gotten lately. :huh
  15. scooteraug02

scooteraug02 Dog Rancher

Oddometer:
    This guy in Houston usually has crap, but this one looks good.
    http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/4/4/81365544.htm

When using cycletrader.com you have to search ct90 then ct 90, each one will net different results.

There were a couple of nice ones in WA
  16. Seth S

Oddometer:
    That one is not a 71 unless someone did a lot of parts swapping. Its either a 68 or maybe a 69 since it has the leading link front fork. It also seems kind of expensive for a bike with a split seat and no headlight....notice the electrical tape where the headlight should be.

At $92 this one is the best deal I have seen in a while even if it needs some work:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-ct-trail-90-moped-mini-bike-motorcycle-trial-ct90_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42593QQitemZ4616059338QQrdZ1
  17. wickedsprint

wickedsprint Banned

Oddometer:
    Looks like the same engine as my CRF50 pitbike, means lots of aftermarket and such.

Attached Files:

• 50.JPG
      50.JPG
      File size:
      121.5 KB
      Views:
  18. wibby

wibby BrotherFromAnotherMother

Oddometer:
    I need to get my '69 out of storage

Be a neat lil runner for around town

[​IMG]

I'd love to pull up to the local cruiser hang-out on it!:wink:
  19. Seth S

Oddometer:

its similiar in that both are hondas and they are similiar shape but I dont think many of the parts bolt up directly. The website www.dratv.com has a lot of parts for the honda monkey bikes and ct90's as well as other engines that can bolt up. But there are a lot of things that you can do to the 90's to make them scream.....i even saw a 4 valve head for sale on some japanese website...i think it was $2500....or about the cost of a brand new honda ct110 from australia.
  20. mercurial

mercurial Fully Automatic

Oddometer:
    Ehh.. You're a bastard for hoarding the last good bikes. I'm starting a charity would you like to donate a bike for a tax write-off? :deal