Video game addicts...

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by EvilGenius, Feb 23, 2009.

1. tserts

tserts Chaotic Neutral

Oddometer:
    Borderlands 2 is basically exactly as the 1st one, only with new chars, mobs and maps... Anyone who has played the first will feel right at home within seconds of play..

I started with the assassin this time, my crits are 1000+ and I'm lvl 13 atm, pretty much downing anything around my level with 2 crits, except badasses and bosses)... That W4R D3N gave me a hard time, I had no effective weapon on me for the job, I hate dying with 20k in the wallet and paying 2k at the resurrection machine. :deal

I'm running max graph and the game is super smooth, I like how they manage to keep it lean while having great graphics (I like the cartoon style they made since the 1st installment).

I used the key before reading (just above) that timing the use of those keys is vital, was kinda surprised to see that I had gotten such nice weapons, even at the low level I was (I rushed reaching Sanctuary), oh well, my next weapon might be just around the next corner...

Generally I'm satisfied but I was expecting a bit more to be honest, you know, something new (I like the eridium purchases btw). I'm not complaining though, I'm having a blast so far :clap
  2. tserts

tserts Chaotic Neutral

Oddometer:
    I'm sure they are "working on it" as we speak, don't be surprised if, when you get it back six months from now, you find your Skyrim char a few levels up with new weapons... :lol3

I like how you lost "electronics, jewelry boxes, and change jars, one flatscreen tv" and all you worry is about missing a week off Skyrim, it's like when you drop the bike and worry about the broken peg while having broken a few bones and bleeding through the ear... :rofl
  3. trailNtent

trailNtent Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This got me thinking about saving my games on the "cloud". Haven't used it yet but I think I might start.
  4. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:
    :nod All that other stuff was just over three years old(bought after the last methhead tax paid :baldy), so it was all getting ready to be upgraded anyway. My current skyrim character on the other hand is only level 42, not nearly done with him yet. :lol3
  5. Off the grid

Off the grid Scrub Daddy

Oddometer:
    On the front lines, battling a global pandemic.
    Ok, Borderlands2 has it's hooks in me pretty bad. It kicks ass. Great story, the gameplay is good and it's not too easy. (common compliant of mine)

Couple of questions.

At lvl 25 now with my Commando..
    1. How can you scale up the skill trees faster? At lvl 25 I'm only on the second tier of skills in each category, even some that are 5/5 do not "un-block" the next tier. :dunno I wanna get rockets for my sentry gun!!!

2. I've become fairly obsessed with finding Michael Mamaril. Finally found him at lvl 24 in Zeds OR.

3. I'm also obsessed with gear. Good shields/grenades and weapons make a huge difference. I was pissed that I can't get a key for the vault in Sanctuary in game, the only way is promotional crap on Twitter, etc.

So yeah, this game is cool as hell. When Sanctuary took off the ground my jaw dropped. WAY more story than the first one. :freaky
  6. NikonsAndVStroms

NikonsAndVStroms Beastly Photographer

Oddometer:
    Give spoiler alerts :deal
  7. Jonnylotto

Jonnylotto Zipper Club with Clusters

Oddometer:
    What he said. :thwak
  8. Off the grid

Off the grid Scrub Daddy

Oddometer:
    Sorry guys, thought that was for movies.

I guess Video games ARE movies, for the most part.
  9. ScorpioVI

ScorpioVI Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer:

Strange. Putting 5 points into a tier should unlock the next.

Keep in mind you only get 50 skill points (maybe the DLCs will give you more). It's not possible to max out on each category. You can max out one category, but you'll only have a few points for the rest. You can either go completely badass on 1 category, or be mediocre in 2 or 3.
  10. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:
    :pissed Lying no good POS cops....I don't care if there were two bank robberies this week to investigate, you were supposed to be done with my Xbox by today!:baldy :baldy
  11. ScorpioVI

Oddometer:
    New SHIFT codes up. Supposed to be good for 30 minutes. 22 minutes left as of this posting. Maybe less.

Xbox 360: CBKB3-3BKC6-TF6J6-CRB3B-H53B3
    PS3: CBKB3-3BKH3-XH3K3-HJC3B-H53R6
    PC: KJK3T-KJSX9-FT3TT-T3JB3-TTZX9
  12. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    I still always revert back to Battlefield Bad Company 2. You just can't beat it for online play. I don't like hearing other teams and kids talk. Just my teammates. And it tends to draw a more mature crowd.
  13. MoreCheese

MoreCheese Now less Cheezy

Oddometer:
    Bad Company 2 is still going online? I used to love that game, and the Vietnam expansion was fun too when I could find populated servers. The Battlefield 3 game that came out just wasn't fun for me. I tried sticking with it for a bit, unlocked all the weapons, but playing if felt like work vs. fun (among a few other reasons).
  14. GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman Gamer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I spend tons on the one armed bandits in moxxies and high spirit. After a few low yield win or a grenade, you win an exceptional gun or a load of eridium for carry upgrades. I've won both e guns and an orange legendary. Far better than buying Marcus crap and on par with some of the better hidden gun case finds.
  15. ScorpioVI

Oddometer:

I have yet to win an orange gun on the slots. Only got triple-Marcus once (purple rocket launcher), and a few triple-legs that gave some decent blue guns. I was farming Michael Mamaril for a while because he was giving up some pretty good blue guns but he's pretty much disappeared after a certain mission.

My friends and I gambled as a group. So every time we won Eridium it would be shared by everybody, got more for our money basically. I maxed out all the SDUs before I turned Level 22.

I had 8 golden keys so I ended up using one on the chest. Got a pretty good burst-fire purple sniper and a high damage/high ROF/low recoil purple SMG.

I just found out about a developer's chest in the Tundra map, gonna be farming that for more purple loot.
  16. TxRoadDog

TxRoadDog Shut up and ride

Oddometer:
    Anyone in here have BF3 for the PC? Got an Asus G75V last week, and picked up BF3 to move away from console gaming...

If anyone wants to play, add me on origin; tman186
  17. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    I do but I haven't played in several months. I don't think the other guy's I was playing with form ADV play it anymore either. I only found it fun when playing with friends with coms. IIRC, there are two DLC's for it now as well.
  18. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep. Still going strong. Love that game.
  19. Off the grid

Off the grid Scrub Daddy

Oddometer:
    What the lvl cap on Borderlands2?

Whats everyones "build"? Max out one or spread out the points? Nice that respecs are so cheap you can try new builds.
  20. ScorpioVI

Oddometer:

50, the DLCs will probably raise the cap.

I've got a Level 30 Assassin with most everything going to the Sniper branch. Before 30 you can really only go good in one branch, or sucky if you spread points through 2 or 3 branches.