Naches Recon Ride

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by gentry, Jul 9, 2005.

1. gentry

gentry For Reasons Unknown...

Oddometer:
    Is it saturday yet???
  2. 88NX250

88NX250 Team USA

Oddometer:
    No, I don't believe it is...but I sure do wish it was...

If I ever figure out how this rummor started that I suck at riding off-road someone is going to get Luca's size whatever bear poop covered slipper up their ass...buckles and all and I think I will leave it there so they can't ride as well so I have a better chance!

How many days now?
  3. gentry

Oddometer:
    Too many....
    I heard you handle that bike just fine.... lookin' forward to seein' it!
  4. toothy

toothy Grin

Oddometer:
    Gotta go back to Oregon thru next week-end.

I'll prolly breu up another "secret" week-day ride (hold the rain) for sometime soon.

I'm gonna be holed-up on Baker Lake in late July so maybe I can get a week-end contingent to ride up the forest roads in that area while I'm there vacationing with my fam.

Enjoy, Toothy
  5. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    Chad, Tony- Who can give us a recap of what is the plan for this weekend. Some stuff came up that may have opened up the whole weekend :thumb

Is this credit card camping or pitching tents with campfire, flames, dirt, bugs...... where are the troops staying what hotel, I need to see if it's to late to get a room or is it campsite stuff? :ear
  6. gentry

Oddometer:

Saturday morning meet at Whistlin' Jacks. 10 a.m.
    Ride hard all day.
    Camp out nearby (TBD by tomorrow)
    - Beer, booze, fire, meat, etc etc
    Wake up sunday.
    Ride more scenic roads and explore.
    Go home.
  7. das Rider

das Rider Professional Hobbyist

Oddometer:
    I'm your week-day wing man when it absolutely has to be ridden Monday thru Friday.
  8. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    Chad is it you or Tony charging the hookers on your credit card? Let me know I think I'm in for two maybe three.
  9. gentry

Oddometer:
    Saturday & Sunday:

gentry Thumper
    a16tony Thumper
    88NX250 Thumper
    das Rider GS
    Cascade Thumper Thumper
    Gremlin9340 GS

Sunday:

Stosh23 GS
    Guaglione GS
    GSguy GS

Any of you sunday guys gonna come saturday night for camping???
    :1drink
  10. gentry

Oddometer:

Credit card??? :lol3 (like I have any money.....)

I just turn up the accent and the yankee babes melt..... then I walk away coz' im married n stuff.... (and go chew on a tree)

(just kidding)

Tony and I were very appreciative of the hamburger chef at 'Jacks tho. That woman could handle the beef!
  11. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    First Stosh read your pm......

Okay this is the thought that I had and anyone that is interested is welcome to come along. Meet up Saturday in the am and run down 410 to Rainier. Head around Rainier to Mt St Helens and then back to meet up with those dirty thumper boys, kick there arse, ops, set up camp and eat all there food and drink all there beer. Wake Sunday and ride the GS trails. Eat more of the thumper guys food and drink more of there beer and head home. We can refine the plans a little more as we start roll call. :evil
  12. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    I think I will be there for camping, I have to assume it's Camping with dirt and bugs and stuff at this point. I have to warn you I snore like a bear so put me off in the far corner.
  13. 88NX250

88NX250 Team USA

Oddometer:
    So ... meeting at Whistlin Jack's at 10...where are we putting our trucks? We thinking about just driving to the campground and then leaving from there or did you find an exclusive trail riding park and ride?
  14. gentry

Oddometer:

You wanna try outdrink an aussie in the woods?? :evil brave, brave man......
  15. gentry

Oddometer:

Campground or if you ask sweetly they will let you leave trucks at the lodge. Campground would be best tho...
  16. gentry

Oddometer:
    SATURDAY AND SUNDAY

gentry Thumper
    a16tony Thumper
    88NX250 Thumper
    das Rider GS
    Cascade Thumper Thumper
    Gremlin9340 GS

CAMPING SATURDAY

gentry Thumper
    a16tony Thumper
    88NX250 Thumper
    das Rider GS
    Cascade Thumper Thumper
    Gremlin9340 GS
    GSguy GS
    Stosh23 GS

SUNDAY

Stosh23 GS
    Guaglione GS
    GSguy GS
  17. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    I would think we would need a campground, the forest service guys really frown on just thowing out the tent and seting up camp any place you can find these days.
  18. gentry

Oddometer:

Yeah, although thats what I usually do around there but higher up in the mtns. das Rider??? Any thoughts?
  19. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    For you guys that are driving and trailering the bikes is there a meeting spot that us riders could drop off a cooler with food, beer, ice or is there a store up there that we can get some grubb to eat. I have no problem carrying clothes, tent, sleeping bag and maybe even a camp stove but the cooler and bottles of drinking water will be the one that just kills me.
  20. Butthead

Butthead the name fits

Oddometer:
    Hey is this shindig open to any Butthead who wants come? If so I can make it saturday. I've ridden on most of those trails over there but it's been a few years ago. Theres a good forest service road to the top of Ravens Roost. Theres gas food booze and cabins at Whistlin Jacks. But the are probably full. About 5 miles east of Whistlin Jacks is squaw rock campground and cabins. It has gas and food. When we go we always stay by crow creek campground.If every place is full theres a good spot about 300 yards from the entrance to crow creek. It's big enough to hold hundreds of campers but only about 10 spots have tables. It depends whats going on that weekend it could be full or empty. Also the area is heavily patrolled by sheriffs on dirt bikes. They sometimes come into your campsite and check your bike for current tabs. If your parked in your site they can't give you a ticket. It's not uncommon to go around a corner on a forest service road and see the sheriffs with 10 or 15 dirt bikes pulled over for riding on the road. I'm just gonna ride on the forest roads because my GS has 3 wheels. Butthead