wr250r for next bike or go bigger?

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by davidb21, Nov 16, 2012.

1. davidb21

davidb21 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    hey all im going to start saving up for a second bike and was hoping for some suggestions or advice, im 22, 5'11",weight 135lbs and have a big inseam(never measured but i can flatfoot every bike ive ever sat on)

right now i ride a klr 250, i love it around town and i like it enough offroad but its my only vehicle and im afraid if i crash too hard on the weekend i wont have a ride to work the next week.

i never use freeways or streets that require going over 65mph, so what im really looking for is something with more offroad capabilites...is the wr250r going to be much better on trails than the klr250? if not what are some other options for a relatively light and dirt worthy ds?

btw i live in california
  2. Wolfgang55

Wolfgang55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are your stats right?
    5' 11''
    135 lbs

Either way your thinking about the wr250r is near perfect.

Mostly because you'll be stepping up in power from the klr 250 & require less up keep.
    But keep in mind that you can build up that KLR for more power & armor. Then you keep $$$ in your pocket.

The FI will set itself no matter where you ride & the valve service is around 24,000 miles between checks.
  3. Tammy

Tammy Team 2nd Wind

Oddometer:
    life is short.
    get the wr sell the KLR and get a bigger bike to ride on the road..

more is good when it comes to bikes. you can shop for riding gear for each bike to :evil more shopping more fun :clap

if you need help shopping let me know I'm really good at it, full gear for each bike is the w a y to go :deal
  4. plugeye

plugeye MC rescue

Oddometer:
    bigger?
    nope. a wr250 is purrfect
  5. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Plus it has much better suspension and handles well with good tires. And you can manage freeway speeds easily. It's even great as an urban warrior once you get used to the powerband. Probably one of the useful small motorcycles made.