2013 Triumph Trophy

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Worroll, Jun 26, 2012.

1. univibe88

univibe88 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can't wait to ride one
  2. R59

R59 they call me Rocker

Oddometer:
    The vision sucks. It's disjointed. Looks like a scooter designer did the front fairing, and a mid-Century futurist did the rest of the bodywork.

The angluar, 1980s Honda features of the fairing don't go with the Delage-looking rear section.

The fact that is sells at all just reinforces the old addage, "there's no accounting for taste".
  3. MHaz01

MHaz01 I Used To Be Faster

Oddometer:
    What's the issue with similar-looking motorcycles offered by different manufacturers? I don't get the complaining.

A little price competition for the same type of motorcycle is a good thing, don't you think?

Or are you, like, all totally bunched up because Ford, Chevy, Toyota and Dodge offer pickup trucks that all have four wheels, a passenger compartment, a hood and a box?
  4. Glenngineer

Glenngineer Scooty Puff Sr.

Oddometer:

I think the Vision is beautiful, and every other Victory has suffered because people generally react badly to it's styling.

The bags are fucking terrible, a deal breaking outrage, but goddamn, I think it looks good.
  5. Roadscum

Roadscum Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm awaiting some ride reports and really want to know what to expect in MPG from this bike.
    I had an 800XC for a short time and sold it, one factor was the poor MPG and range.

Regards, Paul
  6. Bueller

Bueller Cashin?

Oddometer:
    I realise its too little too late for you, but the latest 800 map seems to have straightened out the fuel mileage issue for me. My 800 started off averaging about 42 mpg. Now on map revision #3 I hit a high so far of 49 mpg and usually fill up around 220 miles
  7. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    Dang, I need to check which map I have ... It's a pity that I don't know any other Tiger riders in the area to share tools / shop accessories so I have to buy all things myself. Will get the combination DealerTool / TuneECU soon. I want to be independent of my not so good dealer here ...
  8. Roadscum

Roadscum Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear that Bueller. After I installed the Arrow pipe/map the ridability was GREAT but the MPH SUCKED!!

With milage in the upper 40's I'd like to see this motor in a Sport Tourer.....

Regards, Paul
  9. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
  10. Barnwell

Barnwell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The new Trophy comes with black logo riding gear, a girl, and a trip to Italy!!! :eek1 Jeez, if I had known that I would thought twice before buying my brandy new Sprint GT at a fire sale price.
  11. Tropical Bird

Tropical Bird From the front line

Oddometer:
    Exactly!
  12. Laverda SF

Laverda SF Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Today's account of a Triumph Trophy certainly differs from my time. A Trophy was a 250 Single (BSA Sister-ed) Enduro.

Great Bike by the way as long as you didn't ring the Babbitt Connecting Rod Bearing because you didn't clean the Oil Filter Screen located at the bottom of the front fame stanchion :eek:)
  13. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had a natter with a local dealer. They reckon under £14,000 GBP for the base model and £16,000 for the all singing SE. That's close to K16 money over here. It needs to be serious quality for that sort of coin.
  14. univibe88

univibe88 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yikes. That is a lot of money.
  15. Rider

Rider Spectacularly Correct

Oddometer:
    Feh.
    You only live once ...

... if you can afford it. :yikes
  16. Josh69

Josh69 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like the look of it. I may end up buying on a few years down the track.

I test rode the BMW RT.... couldn't really get on with it. Ended up buying a ST-1300 Pan European.... good bike but it feels a bit light at the front at high speed, it is too heavy and it looks silly with the side panniers off. Hell, the Triumph is pushing 300kg wet, but that is lighter than a Pan ;)

I like the electronic gadgets esp the built in audio and electronic suspension adjustment.

The proof will be in the sitting-on and then in the riding.
  17. wannaklr

wannaklr Long timer

Oddometer:
    What does a new RT retail for in the UK?

I just don't see Triumph pricing their Trophy in the same league as BMW's K1600. I can see it slightly less then the RT though. I'm talking US prices since it is difficult to convert UK retails to US due to VAT.
  18. Josh69

Josh69 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  19. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Thats what I was thinking,lots of whiners checking in on this thread. The new Trophy looks modern,if it works well it will sell. Triumph builds some great bikes these days and has a strong following off ADV.

Given my addiction to trick two wheeled dirt toys I will continue riding my 99 1200 Trophy,its a classic styled simpler sort of big sport touring bike. Its also a sleeper on tight backroads and will go way faster then it should easily.

I do like the 800 triples lots though.
  20. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Triumph started making a 1200 Trophy sport touring bike in 91 I believe.
    (I just took apart the lower end on a pre unit 650,it was like working on an honest to dog antique,amazing one would run a month much less 50 years with care.)