Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. higworld

higworld Cheeseburger in Paradise

Oddometer:
    A whopping 4 degrees near the Willy Bridge this morning. Wait ... just ticked up to 9! Woo hoo! :evil
  2. higworld

higworld Cheeseburger in Paradise

Oddometer:
    I'm going up on Sunday, but am meeting my son in Centreville afterwards for dinner. So ride sharing is out for me. But if anyone is there on Sunday, I'll keep an eye out for ya.
  3. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    No temp to report but I will say being in an office next to the freight elevator lets me be continually reminded that it is cold outside. There is a heck of a draft from that thing.
  4. kwn306

kwn306 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    1 deg in Spotsylvania this morning when I left for work this morning, 18 degs now with a wind chill of 4 degs.
  5. DirtDoctor

DirtDoctor Long timer

Oddometer:
    10 deg out at 4:15 am when I took my son to swim practice this morning at Poseidon. 11 deg by 5:45 when I went to workout at the gym. :vardy
  6. klim86

klim86 veteran

Oddometer:
    I just noticed that someone broke the lock on my trailer and stole my pressure washer. It had to have been either last night or sometime during the day today. I feel comfortable saying this because I put the washer in there yesterday afternoon.

Fortunately they only stole the washer. I had my tool chest and box(c$2500), two mountain bikes(c$1600), generator(c$750), 16 empty Rubbermaid containers($160), at least $1500 in army equipment, and invaluable photo albums in other containers. The damage could have be waayy worse.

Shame on me for trying to get a head start on my move.

Let my misfortune be a lesson for you, if you are storing anything in a trailer or a camper check regularly or store it someplace else.
  7. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Dang Rich. I hate to hear that, but at least they took the lease expensive thing in there.....

Does this mean that you and Dansinger are getting ready to punch out? I'd like to see you guys at least one more time before you do.

jeff
  8. MADSTROM

MADSTROM Long timer

Oddometer:
    :evil What's happening? Where are you? Are you sitting on a runway somewhere or holed up in a motel waiting for runways to clear? You've been awfully quiet the last few days.:lol3
  9. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    When I got up it was cold as a mother and when I got home it was cold as a SOB

Rich, sorry to hear that. Thieves suck.

When are you leaving town?
  10. klim86

klim86 veteran

Oddometer:
    I was going to post something a little be closer to my departure date, but yes we are about the start the next exciting chapter of our Army careers, company command. Our graduation date is the 24th, I think. I will be taking about a week to clear and plan on leaving the 31st.

My follow on assignment is Ft Riley, KS. So I would like to extend the invitation to any of the inmates, if you find yourself in KS along I-70 let me know if you new a warm bed, a hot meal, a cold beer, or just some time to chew the fat my door is open.

I would like to give a quick thanks to whitfield, for approaching the goofy guy on an XRL in the home depot parking lot and telling me about ADV. As a result ADV is a constant open window on all my computers(now cell phone too) and will be used to scout out trails and rides for all my future assignments as well as showing me some trails too; ddlewis, thanks for always being up for a ride and showing me around; eddy, thanks for patching me up on the S500 and the weekly checkups to make sure everything was healing right; and thank you Jeff for opening your home and shop to me and my family.

Thanks to everyone as well, if I failed to mention anyone by name please do not take it as a slight.

Rich
  11. klim86

klim86 veteran

Oddometer:
    Yeah they do! Like jeff said fortunately they stole one of the least expensive things in the trailer.

I am planning on leaving the 31st.
  12. Charles

Charles Formerly known as Dr Whipit Supporter

Oddometer:
    That sucks. I had one stolen out of my work van 4 months after I bought it for my business. Fortunately, like in your case, they left everything else. Unfortunately, it was a $1400 commercial unit and I had a $500 deductible.
    I hope everything goes smoother from here for your move. Good luck.

Sent from my mobile Interociter.
  13. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Super Lurker

Oddometer:
    I'm going Saturday. May see you there. Going up 17 and taking g metro from Springfield.
  14. klim86

klim86 veteran

Oddometer:
    I just got off the phone with my insurance provider, my deductible is $250 and I paid $289 for the washer. I think I'm just going to eat the $40.

lame
  15. Sic Semper Tyrannis

Sic Semper Tyrannis Plays with Banjos, Boats and Bikes...

Oddometer:
    Hopefully you left water in it and the castings freeze and crack. Sorry about your loss!!
  16. klim86

klim86 veteran

Oddometer:
    It's funny because I was thinking the same thing. Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk
  17. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    I guess you could say I was stuck just about everywhere. Probably the worst 4 days of my aviation career. 16 hour days, horrible winds, temps down to -30 and crews spread all over the country. I didn't fly anything on my schedule. I even had to kick someone off a flight this week. Advise to anyone flying .... if the cops show up to talk to you I don't recommend pushing them. :deal

Bike show .... Im on call Sat and Sun up in DC. If I'm not flying I'd love to ride the Metro over and join you.

Stay warm everyone.
  18. VACommuter

VACommuter Long timer

Oddometer:
    For planning purposes.... I'm off this Friday. You guys doing a Friday lunch meet-up this week?

VAC
  19. MADSTROM

MADSTROM Long timer

Oddometer:

I suspected as much. At least you made it through all this epic weather in one piece.
  20. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    It was a pleasure to have met you both! Best wishes for a successful career! Every time you look at that cool scar on your arm, just remember it's the best I could do at a picnic table with butterfly strips and a 8 year old surgical assistant. :lol3

I sincerely thank you for your service! :devildog

:roflNow THAT'S funny! I can imagine how that ended up! :fight "Cops 1, Idiot 0 (and a free night in jail with a lot more to follow in 6 months in court!)

I'll call you if I head up this weekend to the show.

It looks like Honda is going straight for KTM's jugular! They are not messing around, too much money and pride on the line! I can't believe that Coma is in 5th...for now.
    http://blog.motorcycle.com/2014/01/06/motorcycle-category/off-road/day-2-dakar-2014-sunderland-wins-first-special-stage/