Teiz Motorsports One Piece Riding Suits - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by TheNedster, Feb 14, 2009.

1. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Power Shell, Air Shell, Lombard and Mojave pages now show Super Saver pricing incentives. Only these products will have super saver pricing for now.

Still don't know what is Super Saver? Thats because you were too lazy to click on the above link :evil to read the letter i posted. i am pasting it below

----------
    Hello Everyone,

Some of you know may have noticed that our contribution to the forums has been a little less in the past few weeks, not going much beyond the regular answers to your questions. The main reason, apart from being on a five-month motorcycle trip, has been a total re-evaluation of Teiz Motorsports. A few months back, I started to get the feeling that I am deviating from my original mission statement in some ways. Since this realization, I have taken a step back and totally revamped Teiz Motorsports. Here are some changes you may have recently noticed:

• We can now produce orders in 15 days or less
    • We ship to your doorstep directly from the factory
    • A new warehouse that provides consistently punctual service
    • New trial suits that can be shipped to your doorstep for size confirmation.

These are just some of the ways we have been improving service. But what was the original Teiz claim to fame, which was also the title of several forums threads related to Teiz Motorsports? “An exceptional riding suit for just $289!” I wanted to go back to that but beat all prior expectations along the way. This led to the creation of our Super Saver service.

Super Saver offers your incredible savings, sometimes even more than 50%, in exchange for a bit of a wait. We can make a suit for you in less than 15 days, but if you can wait around 8 weeks to receive the suit, we are able to offer you incredible discounts.

How can we do this? What’s the catch? Are these inferior products?

Materials and quality wise there is absolutely no difference in products that are discounted. The difference is in the supply-chain, logistics, overheads and freight costs.

We have a production team that specifically focuses on suits that need to be completed quickly for factory-direct shipping. The overheads for operating this team are significant. The actual shipping costs are also extremely high (much more than what we charge you). Essentially, the suits are treated as one-offs even though you may have ordered a regular product.

But when you are willing to wait, we produce suits in larger batches which reduces the overhead significantly. Then we import the suits, which is also much cheaper than direct shipping. The savings are significant and we pass them on directly to you.

For all one-piece suits, we highly recommend that you avail our trial service. We have trials sizes available in every size. Trials are free with our Standard service and that includes shipping in both directions!

Due to availability of trial sizes and also the new Super Saver pricing structure, one-piece suits will not be eligible for return or exchange. If you are looking to avail the Super Saver discount, we recommend that you add the trial size option for a nominal fee.

Over this weekend, our entire one-piece range will get the Super Saver update. We intend to bring in the first Super Saver shipment in November so get your orders in quickly – especially since you will probably require a trial size as well.

Thank you for your continued support.
    Ghazi
  2. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Powershell.... that is a fantastic discount for a few weeks of waiting.
  3. Marylander

Marylander Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is awesome. Winter approaches now but I will be taking advantage of the super saver offer for an air shell come spring. Great!
  4. BrainBender

BrainBender Bounty Hunter

Oddometer:
    Great prices. :clap Any plans on changing the big back pocket into a large vent and also puttiing cargo pockets on the Lombard? :ear
  5. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    nope- no further changes planned for now - other than those listed in the description
  6. srpuywa

srpuywa Big 'G'

Oddometer:
    I bought this suit off a inmate, waiting to get it in the mail, I'm 6-4 about 255, if it doesn't fit right I'll probably post it in back the flea market. I wear a 50L in aerostitch 1 piece but this deal was too good to pass up.
  7. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    btw there already are huge vents on each side of the back pocket.
  8. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    folks, we plan to stop taking orders for the November Super Saver shipment by the 15th, so hurry up.
    thanks
  9. marco-polo

marco-polo Moron adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ghazi, you are a genius. That's a deal that other makers can't possibly compete with - and it leads with your strengths (service and marketing) while minimizing your weaknesses (manufacturing, logistics, and finance).

You'll have an order back from me when I'm done dropping weight - 35 lbs since mid-August as of this morning - and I can think about buying motorcycle gear again. Pretty much everything I own is on its way to the flea market, although I might hang on to the Teiz Saratoga jacket just in case.
  10. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Super Saver is a test program - it may or may not be there when u r finally ready...
    i suggest you order now and then loose weight while waiting :freaky
  11. total_n00b

total_n00b Bits. Bytes. Bikes.

Oddometer:
    I was pulled over today by a CHP moto officer for (significantly) exceeding the speed limit (I'll avoid the details here on the interwebz) on my WeeStrom, sporting my HiViz PowerShell and "can you see me NOW?" white Shoei RF1100. After explaining that I was evading a distracted driver to the officer, he looked at my suit, stated that it was obvious I was "serious about safety" and let me off with a warning ;) Go PowerShell! :clap
  12. ThunderPig

ThunderPig Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks like the large discount on the Powershell is gone. Still discounted, but only $100 for the 8-10 week wait ($61 with a trial suit).
  13. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    That sucks. With the savings I figured I could afford to go custom.
    Guess I contemplated too long.
  14. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi folks,
    Apologies but the pricing has been revised due to several factors. The “Super Saver” service was a huge hit so we are still offering the option but the website reflects the new prices.

Here is the new price list for 2013 (and rest of 2012):

Lombard 6.0 (new version)
    Standard- $399 /Super Saver - $299
    Custom Size: $200
    Custom Color: $100

Mojave
    Standard- $349 /Super Saver - $299
    Custom Size: $200
    Custom Color: $100

Power Shell
    Standard- $699 /Super Saver - $599
    Custom Size: $250
    Custom Color: $150

Air Shell
    Standard- $699 /Super Saver - $599
    Custom Size: $250

Commute Suit 3.0 (new version - coming soon)
    Standard- $TBD
    Custom Size: $TBD
    Custom Color: $TBD

Navigator
    Standard- $799 /Super Saver - $699
    Custom Size: $150 for the Jacket/ $150 for the Pants

Sahara (Perforated Jacket & Pants - coming soon)
    Standard- $799 /Super Saver - $699
    Custom Size: $150 for the Jacket/ $150 for the Pants

• Other options listed on specific product pages
    • The first trial is free with the Standard Service. Trials are $39 for Super Saver. Additional trials are $39.
    • Returns & exchanges for one-piece suits are no longer allowed as we provide trials to confirm the sizing.

We feel we have made excellent progress with one-piece suits. With Lombard, Mojave, Power Shell, Air Shell, Commute Suit & Revolution, our one-piece lineup is complete. 2013 will be the year of the 2 Piece - expect us to add more Jacket & Pants options

Order Process:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. marco-polo

Oddometer:
    Easy for you to say, Ghazi :). You're already in good riding shape.

Unfortunately (well, fortunately ... but it's getting a little worrying) , my weight's still falling, 38 lbs as of this morning, and looking at the size chart I've fallen all the way from 3XL to XL or XL-Tall.

A pity that the super-amazing sale's over. I have a suit in my online cart that reflects the old super-saver pricing, not the new pricing, but if you've already placed the order, it's not fair to use technology to game the system.
  16. ThunderPig

ThunderPig Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I waited too long also. I was hoping the sale would last longer than 1-1/2 weeks. :cry
  17. marco-polo

Oddometer:
    If you need all the bells and whistles which used to be included, like the thermal liner on the Lombard & test suit - the new "super saver" price plan only saves you a few bucks over the old pricing.

As much as I'd like the deeply-discounted sale price myself - self-interest being what it is, and having a non-trivial reason why I didn't pull the trigger - I think that Ghazi's hitting a good 1pc suit price point at $300, and few enough people use the test suit or a liner that the difference matters not at all to them.
  18. southwade

southwade Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm super excited to get my suit... it's cold as hell today.

Please tell those zippers to hurry up!
  19. cinder720

cinder720 n00b

Oddometer:
    i purchased a lombard suit in hi viz. i like the suit but it was a little tight,i wasn't home when it arrived so it was sitting there for about two weeks. after i got back and tried it on i called teiz and was told it was to late to exchange for a larger one.so if you want one use the loner for sizing, also i removed the rain liner that helped the fit some.would you put your rain suit on under your clothes? i like the suit well enough but i wont order another from them thanks to customer service.
  20. southwade

southwade Long timer

Oddometer:
    pics for proof.