Kenna vs Hannigan for a Burgman 650

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by Mohawk Badger, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Mohawk Badger

Mohawk Badger Registered

Oddometer:
    In a few weeks I'll finish an IBA 1,000 and then it is time to put a sidecar on the Burgman 650 so my wife can ride with me again; but which one (sidecar not wife).

I really like the Hannigan products, in particular the Conti or the Bandito, but keep looking at the Kenna single which will cost a lot less.

Any thoughts? How is the quality on the Kenna?

Thanks,
  2. davebig

davebig Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer:
    Where do you want to start ? If you want color matched paint nice fit and finish Hannigan is the answer if you want plain and customize it yourself get the Kenna, its a couple diffirent products. Not to mention how far do you want to drive to pick it up ? DB
  3. jaydmc

jaydmc Long timer

Oddometer:
    We can color match the Kenna no problem. The Kenna is our entry level sidecar that was built to a price point but it is still a very well built quality product. If you are any where near us at all we have one in the shop at this time on a Burgman. The Kenna does come with bike specific mounts that most people do their own installation with.
    Jay G
    DMC sidecars
    www.dmcsidecars.com
    866-638-1793
  4. claude

claude Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer:
    The Conte' Classic would do very well on the Burgman. We have done the standard Hannigan Classic on them which is basically the same sidecar rwith a different fender design. This family of sidecar sare very adaptable to awide variety of bikes. The Bandidto is a very wide sidecar and may not be a great choice for you. The Kenna as Davebig mentioned is not a bad choice either but is avtotally differntly built sidecar more on an entry level as Jay ( The manufacturer) mentioned. Hard choices maybe. Either would do okay for you I think.
  5. Tarka

Tarka Strangely strange. Oddly normal.

Oddometer:
    Hey Claude (and anyone else really ).

Any chance of posting pics of Burgman combos,and especially how the sidecar mounts to the Burgie please ?
  6. on2wheels52

on2wheels52 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think there were three Burgman's (Burgmen?) at the USCA rally.
    But my photos are just snapshots, nothing showing the mounts.
    They were nice looking rides though.
    Jim
  7. jaydmc

jaydmc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lots of photo's on our web site in both the Kenna section and the gallery section. The trick to mounting a sidecar to a burgman is how to do it with out cutting up a lot of plastic. We have a very clean mounting system.
    Jay G
    DMC sidecars
    www.dmcsidecars.com
    866-638-1793
  8. SwampFox883R

SwampFox883R Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We mounted a Texas Ranger sidecar to Jena's Burgman 650. The mounts are different than Jay's and require a couple a cuts into the tupperware. There are pretty good triangulated mount points on the frame for the front lower/upper; Jena's lower rear is a specific piece attached to the centerstand mounts; the upper rear can be ornery. I understand Jay's mounts take a little different approach.

Since this photo, we have modified the steering an "beefed up" the scooter suspension on both ends.

[​IMG]