My review of Ural Motorcycles (2012)

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by bokad, May 28, 2012.

1. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  2. Poacher Bob

Poacher Bob Persona non grata

Oddometer:
    He can't....:lol3
  3. Wolfgang55

Wolfgang55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I find political name calling much like oral farting, it comes from a different place but still stinks from either side.

Politics seem less & less about reasons behind the name calling & more about jumping on & then off the sticky soap box, which is rappidly attracting more flys than voters.

Honestly, I had not read those post. I am more of rider/reader who likes to work on ''fix it'' jobs. I do vote & do my own research but not on MC sites for political advancement.

I still do not consider SS members in your ''isms''.
  4. roscoau

roscoau Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Soapbox should be renamed Redneck United.
  5. Prmurat

Prmurat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Excellent!!
  6. Prmurat

Prmurat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nose in it and it is still butter???
  7. windmill

windmill Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have met many Soviet Steeds members who are not male, white, or heterosexual. My wife is part Native American.

I find your ignorant intolerant stereotypes of S.S. members offending, like most extremists on both sides of the fence, you have become completely blind to your blatant judgmental hypocrisy.

Shame on you. :puke1
  8. Prmurat

Prmurat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Windmill:

You are not on the SS here (funny acronym is not it? An accident maybe?) and you should keep your personal attacks where they belong... About the shame: go on and defend your racist/homophobic/xenophobic/sexist friends and check, again, who should be ashamed.
  9. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    I think what Windmill is saying, and what you just proved, is that by calling everyone on Steeds "racist/homophobic/xenophobic/sexist", you yourself are a prejudiced fool.

There are quite a few folks who frequent both Steeds and ADVrider. Are you willing to call us "racist/homophobic/xenophobic/sexist" to our faces here? Do you have the proof to back it up?
  10. windmill

windmill Long timer

Oddometer:
    You gave me the right when you falsely accuse the majority for the failings of a vocal few.
    Every basket has a few rotten apples, only a hypocrite calls the whole basket rotten.
  11. Montague

Montague UDF Adventurer

Oddometer:
    an alternate universe, much better than yours
    Is it possible Pmurat is actually Oppozit in disguise?

Sounds the same and just as quick to fling poo? :rofl
  12. Prmurat

Prmurat Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have never called anyone anything around here...just check before accusing.
    Again...who are you to call people not agreing with you "fools"???

Try to have a different opinion on SS and see the, so, low reactions of the "locals"... go back on the election times, the gun control "debate" and tell me that these yelling is OK coming from, so called, adults in a normal society????

Sorry I am not Oppozit... but if he disagree with you he must be an OK guy by me!

Sorry Bokad to have hijacked your thread! (sarcasm)
  13. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    Really, you're going to make me quote you? That sounds like hard work! :lol3

You just lumped the whole of Steeds into your prejudice generalizations.

14. Duckworth

Duckworth Taking the high road

Oddometer:

This has been my experience as well. The Soviet Steeds members whom I have interacted with in person have been great folks from a variety of backgrounds. Every Internet forum is going to have a certain amount of artificially magnified obnoxiousness. It is best to shrug it off.
  15. Prmurat

Prmurat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Again... (starts to be tiring!): I never called anyone on ADV anything but I am proud of having it done on/about SS for the crap shown there. If you want to mix the 2 lists it is your god-given-protected-by-the-law-right...
  16. tbird649

tbird649 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hear Hear. I find people in general are OK, especially motorcyclists. But whereever you go, in whatever group, there is always an asshole. just ignore them.
  17. Duckworth

Oddometer:
    Many are just Internet assholes, who may actually still maintain some standards of courtesy in person.
  18. Duckworth

Oddometer:
    As long as you stay out of the Soap Box over there (unless you actually enjoy dumb, vitriolic arguments), the rest is mostly good stuff. Sort of like here.
  19. windmill

windmill Long timer

Oddometer:
    My own family and folks I have met from S.S. represent a diverse range of race, nationailty, beliefs, and politics. For an individual to lable us as intolerant bigots as a group is unacceptable.

I dont deny there are ignorant people on S.S., but it is certain that you can't educate the ignorant with ignorance.
  20. Thermos

Thermos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Prmurat--

I've gotten into a few discussions on soviet steeds that left me a little irritated. But sometimes you just gotta roll with it.

But, I have also been to a few rallies, and quite a few rides with members. I've met SS members from around the country, and every one of them that I've met personally has been top notch. Do they all share the same view points, philosophy's, etc. . . well of course no. But I truly believe I've met some great friends because of soviet steeds. Please don't throw them all under the bus. But you know something, I would wager good money that if they(ss member) saw anybody stranded on a rig(especially a Ural), there is not a single one of those folks on soviet steeds that wouldn't stop and help as much as they could.

The ride reports, upcoming rally's, hammerin' and wrenching, modification sections are the most important sections to me(no particular order). That forum is still my favorite. I've gotten in a couple scrapes in the soap box, but I've said what I meant, and moved on.

Go to a rally/ride (soviet steeds) and meet some good people.

-T