MTDR’S 13th Annual SPRING RIDE At LORETTA LYNN’S Ranch April 4, 5 and 6th 2014

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Terrible1One3, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Terrible1One3

Terrible1One3 n00b

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Middle Tennessee Dirt Riders, Inc. is proud to announce their 13th annual spring ride at the famous
    Loretta Lynn’s Ranch April 4, 5 and 6th 2014. All responsible ATV and dirt bike riders
    and families are welcome to attend. There will be riding opportunities for everyone with beginner to advanced riding skills.
    Trails will consist of: BEGINNER, NOVICE and ADVANCED loops. The ADVANCED LOOP will consist of a substantial dual section for
    both 4-wheelers and bikes and plenty of single-track for bikes only.
    For more information and NEW ONLINE registration check us out at:
    http://www.mtdr.org
    http://www.lorettalynnranch.net/main/

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YLPhp2F6v9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]
  2. mrxinpa

mrxinpa Just Get Out and Ride !!!

Oddometer:
    NEPA Right at Base of Blue Mountain Ski Area .5 mi
    I had started a thread for this ride awhile back.
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=944743

Seems that a lot of the southern ADV Community either just done care about these rides at LL or they don't like a Yankee posting about rides in their southern thread? Either way .... Looking forward to meeting more inmates at the event each year.

Later
    Jeff:clap
  3. Terrible1One3

Terrible1One3 n00b

Oddometer:
    I didn't see that one. I was put on a mission to spread the word and called out ADV.

This will be my first one. Every one in the club really looks forward to these events. I don't think they are close to ever stopping it. It is a huge event with folks from all over. I can't wait, is it April yet?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
  4. Terrible1One3

Terrible1One3 n00b

Oddometer:
    It is definitely an off road event. No V Strom's or GS's on these trails. Thumpers and knobbies (or trials rear) are what is needed.

Also these side by sides and other like vehicles have gotten really popular down here.

As far as Yankees, they seem to warm up quickly. I myself was born and raised in Michigan. ;)

5. Wallachian Spikes

Wallachian Spikes Long timer

Oddometer:
    Somewhere between the sacred silence & sleep
    Loretta Lynns is my FAVORITE two rodes (Spring & Fall) of the year! My first time trying it was Fall 2012 & I tried it on a KLR 650 with stock gearing & street tires cuz my KTM was down & waiting on parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiJMgepZA_w

This is part 1 of 5 before I gave up & came back the next day on my daughters KLX 140L. I haven't missed one since & don't ever plan to.
  6. Terrible1One3

Terrible1One3 n00b

Oddometer:
    I did a December ride at Loretta's, 11 mile mostly singletrack loop. It was an eye-opener. I was on a mostly stock KLX250s. Only mods were Acerbis Bark Busters (thank god!), removed the mirrors, exhaust and jet-kit.

Here is what it looked like after about 30-40 miles of muddy singletrack at LL's.

[​IMG]

I did 3 or 4 loops but those stock dual sport tires, especially the front, left a lot to be desired, only fell over three times. Needless to say, I made some more modifications... and eventually got a woods bike :)

I can't wait for the spring ride. I'll be on my Sherco and maybe even the wifey on the four-wheeler. Can't wait!
  7. mrxinpa

Oddometer:
    This will make my 15th year attending either the Spring or Fall Trail ride. I have attended these events while living in NW Indiana, Colorado and now Pennsylvania. Being that I have family down in the Memphis area always helps to turn this trip into a vacation.

As for as the Yankee comment, I was actually born in TN 50yrs ago. Everyone in the family still lives down there and I hope to one day get out of this area and move back to the southern way of living!!!:clap

I've gotten the Award At Loretta's Several Years for the Farthest Distance Traveled to attend. One bloke beat me a few years back from Miami. there was like 90miles difference between the two of us.

I also have an inmate from New Jersey that has recently relocated to the Carolina's that will be coming over and riding my spare YZ!!!

Always a good time for those who do decide to attend! I'll be parked down in the Lower Lot next to the River. There's a Big Black School Bus thats been coming for 10+yrs and parks down there look for that and I'll be in the 38ft Bounder Motorhome parked next to the Black School Bus. I'll have an ADV Banner out this year so stop by say hello !!!!

Regards
    Jeff
  8. Terrible1One3

Terrible1One3 n00b

Oddometer:
    New video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-352jUTvFFQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  9. sallydog

sallydog https://sallydog.smugmug.com/Pets/LD-Travel/

Oddometer:
    in
  10. mrxinpa

Oddometer:
    Bump. 24 days Get those entry's in folks
  11. mrxinpa

Oddometer:
    Okay so we"ll be coming down from Pennsyltucky. I"ve had one request for us to bring plenty of Yuengling Beer down with us.

Anyone else have any requests from up north?
  12. sallydog

Oddometer:
    My roll top desk, drill press, compressor, bench grinder, torch and bottles, cut off saw, welder, vise, anvil, beer pots, 22 gallon stainless conical fermentor, armoir, safe, and John deere lawn tractor please.
  13. Terrible1One3

Terrible1One3 n00b

Oddometer:
    Could you pick up my buddy from Michigan? ;)

14. mrxinpa

Oddometer:
    Ok dicky I" ll make you a deal. Have your bro put that shit on a trailer. Make sure there's room to get my bikes on it and I"ll deliver it to ya! Steve and I can meet in the middle some place for me to pick it up!:clap

You know me... Anything to help a friend out!:deal
  15. sallydog

Oddometer:
    What you driving down. .. you got a tractor :norton
  16. mrxinpa

Oddometer:
    We"ll be bringing down the Ram 2500 turbo diesel. I think it"ll pull your 16ft car hauler trailer just fine!

Tractor? WTF? Lawn or over the road?:evil
  17. mrxinpa

Oddometer:
    Ok so looks like we are gonna work this out. Just put in to start my vacation on Wednesday. So if I can get your brother to meet me half way to pick up my trailer one day next week (18th/19th) get it loaded for ya. You come home next weekend (22/23) take care of your personal business.

I'll come down that Monday/Tuesday(24,25) after work & pick up the trailer. This will save your buddy from having to deliver it up to my place mid week. You can ride down with us or blast back home on your ST. We will leave on Wed AM heading to your place in NC. Spend the night at your place get up Thursday & head for my Moms in TN and you can be on your way to then Thursday to play at the March Moto Madness Rally.
  18. sallydog

Oddometer:
    Thanks works for me :deal
  19. mrxinpa

Oddometer:
    Talked to your bro today. We're gonna meet on Tuesday to exchange my trailer. It's up to you and your crew to get it loaded.

Now then, since my vacation starts Wed I think we will come down on Tuesday nite in stead of coming back up here we can leave from your place.
  20. sallydog

Oddometer:
    sounds good to me :clap