Let's see your HONDA ST1100/ST1300.

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by TheRackman, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Skitch

Skitch Riding the range

Oddometer:
    I have yet to break 7k on a set of the 020's. Not really looking for greater mileage, just trying to find a tire that is a little more planted on the slab (my 13 suffers from a bit of high speed wobble). I found the 020's took some break-in before feeling OK...not great...but OK on the slab. I love the twisties, but sometimes you got to slab it to get to them. I'm going to try the PR2's, and see if they give me more confidence at high speeds. If they suck in the twisites, I always have the VStrom...:evil
  2. vnsfxr

vnsfxr BornAgainDirtyRider

Oddometer:
    4-4.5k with the BT's and they are bald on the sides.........dual compound tire would not work for me.

I do run single compound Pilot Roads on the Ducati GT and they work great, even acceptable at the track, of course you have a 280 lb weight difference.
  3. rifflebox

rifflebox Yee Haw!

Oddometer:
    I picked up this '06 last week. These are awesome road touring bikes. I went over Ebbett's pass in California this weekend, a 380 mile trip. The bike has terrific power and cornering abilities, not to mention a really nice power-adjustable windscreen and tons of on-board storage. It's not a 450EXCr but it is an great tool for long distances on the open road. I ride it up and down my dirt road so maybe it qualifies as a dual sport!

[​IMG]
  4. Skitch

Skitch Riding the range

Oddometer:

Good looking bike...love the top case...enjoy!
  5. rolarosa

rolarosa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice st, eye balling that nice seat! Do you know who made it, looks custom?
  6. Steelybeast

Steelybeast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am on my 3rd set of Pilot Road 2's and like them. My riding tends to lean more towards touring than sporty so the harder center give me more mileage. When they get a lot of wear on them, the center will be much more flat than round and you can feel it some when you need to lean into a curve. Not a lot, just seems like a little more to get it over the slight edge to the sides. This is about the time they need replacing though.

I get about 9000-9500 miles out of a set and the front could go about 1000 more, but I just change them both at the same time.

99% of my riding on this bike is two-up fully loaded so I would expect solo riding would get more miles out of them.
  7. Skitch

Skitch Riding the range

Oddometer:

Sounds good. Thanks for your input. I'm still waiting on my set...backordered thru early Sep. I'll let you all know what i think when I finally get them on.
  8. Skitch

Skitch Riding the range

Oddometer:
    Well, turns out the back order date for the PR2's went further to the right, so I'm going to try a set of the new Metzeler Z6 Interac's. Anyone got any input on them? I ran Z6's and Z4's with good luck on my older ST1100's, so I'm hoping this improved Z6 will be to my liking.
  9. El Guero

El Guero Long timer

Oddometer:
  10. tbirdsp

tbirdsp REMF

Oddometer:
    You can't ride that big pig on a gravel road! :rolleyes :evil

Hey, did that rack some with it? I haven't seen one like that in years (including the one that's buried in my basement somewhere):D
  11. El Guero

El Guero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Naw, it came with this crappy top box. That worked good for a while, but I realized that I missed having a good ol' rack that I could tie stuff to. I bought the last one from Turbocity a month or so ago. I'm liking it.
  12. Brad Felmey

Brad Felmey Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hated my Z6s with a capital "H". Made the bike wander terribly on the highway at speed.
  13. Skitch

Skitch Riding the range

Oddometer:

Well, I figure they can't be any worse at wandering than the BT020's i have on now. Wish the PR2s were in stock, but i have to get some rubber on this bike soon...I'm down to the cords on the rear. WX is too nice to be looking at the bike! Hope to have them on by mid-month...I'll let you know what i think.
    Ken
  14. Steelybeast

Steelybeast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have you tried Two Brothers tires to see if they have or can get the PR2's?

http://www.twobrotherstires.com/

I didn't see where you were trying to buy them from.

David
  15. Skitch

Skitch Riding the range

Oddometer:
    I tried them, but they were on back-order there too.
    My local dealer orignally said he had a vendor that could get them by 3 Sep, but that date got pushed out to 1 Oct, so I decided to try the Z6's. This local dealer seems like a decent fella...I might be giving him the benefit of the doubt, but I am kind of commited now, since he has my deposit.
  16. El Guero

El Guero Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

New picture by regal403.

I'll admit - when I bought this bike, I wasn't sure how happy I was with it. I kept fiddling with it all the time. Pulling the carbs off, tuning the carbs, cleaning the air filter, adjusting the bars, playing around with oil levels, the Corbin seat hurts my ass, blah blah blah blah. I was just never really happy with it. I traded my KLR for it to a guy who was kind of bored with it and I was worried I was falling into the same trap.

Well, I finally got it all tuned up and now I love it. The valves were fine, the air filter is good, I got the carbs all synced and tuned up, I realized that if I'm going to ride all day I should use my sheep skin, I stopped worrying about the gas mileage, etc. Now it's a great fucking bike. Smooth, powerful, comfortable, and hell I think it even looks good despite its blemishes. It's not real great in hot weather due to the lack of air flow, but that's to be expected. I hope to get another 200k out of this bike :thumb
  17. Delta88

Delta88 Knurly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    From a recent trip to Denver.....

[​IMG]

My left saddlebag took a hike down Wilshire Blvd last November and got all scratched up. The stickers were a lot less $$ than a new lid.
    KneeDrachen likes this.
  18. bigredsexy

bigredsexy bigredsexy

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,these pics are awsome!We do love our ST'S I didnt know they made that many farkles for these bikes.Keep em coming!!!:wings
  19. TheRackman

TheRackman RideTodayItMayBeYourLast!

Oddometer:
  20. kooler2

kooler2 n00b

Oddometer:
    Well here's mine all geared up
    [​IMG]
    And here's the dash for the ST1100 I made for a couple of dollars
    [​IMG]
    and changed it a bit to mount the "Spot"
    [​IMG]
    A pair of Hella Spot lights/Driving lights up front
    [​IMG]
    All the electronic Goodies: CB, AM/FM radio, GPS are all hooked up to a Starcom Digital. The CB has a push to talk button beside the left hand grip. Also available is a waterproof 12v cigarette lighter socket.
    Oh yeah and the screens cut right down because it makes the bike handle heaps better and I know why dogs hang the heads out of car windows