Got a cool watch? Let's see it.

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by Jungle Jim, Jan 22, 2007.

1. TheOtherBart

TheOtherBart Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm in for a leg if you wanted to meet somewhere in the far western suburbs. Then maybe from S. Wisconsin would want to meet up with me next...
  2. Sniper X

Sniper X De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer:
    Central New Mexico, 7420ft above sea level
    crappy celly pic but it is Green....

[​IMG]
  3. Prmurat

Prmurat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just found this forum... I do collect watches (and cameras, bikes, knives and problems) and today I am wearing an older Zenith El Primero.... Bought at the Paris flea market 13 years ago, month and day in Italian (!); it is the older Valjoux movement (used in a simpler version in the old Rolex Daytona). Accurate when works, real difficult to have it repaired in the US (no parts). But I like its "non flashy" looks.[​IMG]
  4. bfd70

bfd70 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Seems to me like we have a good enough number of inmates to start. I will put the watch on it's original leather strap and get a photo by the end of next week. I'm willing to meet up and hand off the watch to any inmates in N. Illinois. I'm also very open to shipping it via mail ( I'd like "Hamilton" to get out and see the world, not just the midwest). Question: Should we leave the game in "got a cool watch", or should we start "Hamilton's World Tour"?
    First pm received will be the first recipient.
  5. Rick G

Rick G Ranger Rick Supporter

Oddometer:
    This sounds like fun. I would start another thread so it will be easy to follow.

I am taking a ski trip to Whistler in Brittish Columbia in Feb and volunteer right now to take the Hamilton with me. I plan on doing a day of heli skiing and will take a pic of it up in the heli and then down on the mountain skiing.

Rick G
  6. RomaDakota

RomaDakota Experts agree!!

Oddometer:
    Can do - Kansas city area
  7. Steptoe

Steptoe steptoe

Oddometer:
    Can do London :clap
  8. Steptoe

Steptoe steptoe

Oddometer:

is this the 36,000 beats per hour model :cry
  9. bfd70

bfd70 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like we are off and running. theotherbart has volunteered for an in person handoff, so I will get it to him first. I will start a Mr. Hamilton sees the world thread as soon as I can. i will post an alert in this thread. Once an inmate has the watch, who he passes it along to will be at his discretion (as long as they are a member of advrider). That being said, Mr. Hamilton loves adventure and far off lands, so I encourage you to consider these facts when selecting the next wearer.
  10. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Yeah, right!

Oddometer:
    I am happy to give it a go in New Zealand. However, it's a high crime area, a local jeweller was robbed and they grabbed all his Rolexes on display.
  11. Buccleuch

Buccleuch I'm just a bean, trying to get some sleep... Supporter

Oddometer:
    When Rolex used the El Primero in the Daytona, before they began using the in-house 4130 in 2000, Rolex dialed down the 36,000vph movement to a more sedate 28,800.

W.A.
  12. tslewisz

tslewisz Long timer

Oddometer:
    I recently watched a video (that accompanied a very good narrative from the owner of AZ Time) via WUS on the Seiko high beat. Mesmerising.
  13. Hay Ewe

Hay Ewe Just a Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Hamilton can come to Cairns - Australia for a few days - he might even get further afield depending on work....
    maybe he can come here after NZ?
    GREAT idea!
    will wait for thread!

Hay Ewe
  14. marret

marret Transient

Oddometer:
    Hamilton is welcome to visit Germany, after London would work.
  15. Hay Ewe

Hay Ewe Just a Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Went out for dinner this evening, the guy serving another table had this watch, I asked him to come over so we could have a look at it - sure he said. I explained about the thread and he said that tonight after work he was going to look it up! (yes I know its up side down but turn your monitor over)

[​IMG]

$4 from E-bay :rofl

wonder / hope he see's this later

Hay Ewe
  16. Buccleuch

Buccleuch I'm just a bean, trying to get some sleep... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Belongs in the WTF thread.

:deal

W.A.
  17. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Yeah, right!

Oddometer:
    I see, the compass is for finding the table again, the thermometer tells him how cold the food it, the small watch, how the people have been waiting for and the big watch is for knowing when to knock off. WTF.
  18. MikeyT

MikeyT Krusty Olde Pharte

Oddometer:
    Hamilton is welcome here in da Thumb. He can meet his 38mm brother.

[​IMG]
  19. Hardware02

Hardware02 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here's the watches I currently have in rotation (except for the G Shock)

The first "expensive" watch I've ever owned (I realize that's totally relative) and a gift from Mrs. Hardware back when this was a good portion of her monthly wages. I just got it back from Citizen after a servicing (new rubber strap, new battery, cleaning, new gasket and paint touch-up on the 12 o'clock marking on the bezel).

Citizen Promaster

[​IMG]

Next, another gift from Mrs. Hardware - she bought this for me when we were vacationing in Dubai. Also just returned from Citizen after a servicing (new battery, new gasket & cleaning).

Citizen Promaster Air Diver's in Titanium

[​IMG]

Citizen Eco Drive Diver's in Titanium. Got this on sale at a jewellery store that was closing for $150.

[​IMG]

All the Citizens are Japanese movements.

Now on to Seiko.

SNM037 Automatic Diver's. It's mechanical so if I don't wear it and don't think to swing it 30-50 times a day it winds down. Another one I found on sale (IIRC <$200).

[​IMG]

Malaysian movement.

Finally, my Seiko Diver's Kinetic. It uses movement the same as the mechanical automatic to charge a cell so it can sit for extended periods without moving and stay accurate.

[​IMG]

Japanese movement.
  20. Prmurat

Prmurat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Today's watch: my 1994 Tudor (poor man Daytona but with date!!!)[​IMG]