Follow me as i braaaap and cook around the world!!!!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by crestedbutte-rtw, Oct 20, 2011.

1. D-Train

D-Train Dusty Wessels

Oddometer:
    Absolutely LOVE IT Fletch! Doin' the logo proud...:D

Dusty
  2. crestedbutte-rtw

crestedbutte-rtw PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Oddometer:
    This is what I have so far... Last email I got,

Dear Mr. Haver
    Please be informed that we don’t have any problem to handle your shipment when you need.

We think that the best alternative for you is ship by Lan Chile.

The reason, Qantas will charge you complete airline pallet ( around 2.500 kgs volume ) That will be very expensive .

Lan Chile charge for highest weight ( gross or volume ) Based on measures informed, you must think in about 390 Kgs Vol ( This volume weight may change due to Motorcicle must be put on a crate that can increase dimentions.

The best way to start all procedures in make booking two weeks in advance to secure space.

Based on Lan Chile Security procedures, cargo must be delivered at Lan Cargo warehouse 24 hous before departure.

The idea is meet with you at the Airport, the day before departure.

At Teisa Terminal you must drain fuel tank, you must remove the battery from the bike and seal the battery terminals with plastic type.

Teisa can make the crates for your moto so everything will be done that day.

We can make all Customs formalities, make Shipper´s Declaration for Dangerous Goods , including presentation to D.G.A.C. )

The cost will be the following :

Air Rate to Sydney : Usd 3.85 P/kg Vol

Air Rate to Melbourne : Usd 3.95 P/kg Vol

Fuel Surcharge : Usd 0.45 P/Kg Vol

DGR Fee : Usd 100.00 ( SCL – SYD )

DGR Fee : Usd 200.00 ( SCL - SYD - MEL ** TWO SEGMENTS )

Handling : Usd 30.00

Security : Usd 10.00

DGR Declaration : Usd 50.00

Crates : Usd 145.00 ( Made with certified wood )

Airport Loading : Usd 30.00

Should you need any additional information don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards

Julio E. Harboe L.
    Fono : 56 2 434 4500
    Directo : 56 2 434 4520
    Fax : 56 2 434 4550
    Mov : 56 9 78456232
    Mail : julio@dydcargo.cl
    Web : www.dydcargo.cl

Hope your 2013 has started of with a bang and some riding...

Thanks again everyone,
    Fletch
  3. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    oh man it's bad attitude Santa.
    after 40 more years you get a smile and all that grey.

4. crestedbutte-rtw

Oddometer:
    DAY-418
    12/24/12
    CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!!!
    Here in Chile on Christmas Eve is when they celebrate Christmas not on the 25th.
    We had big plans which included 15lbs of steak and 5lbs of Pork ribs, a massive amount of wine, whiskey, rum, Pisco, martini’s, and an amazing group of new friends. I did a quick walk around trying to find my friends tattoo artist which unfortunately was closed. I marinated one 3 Kilo piece of Loma in a porter beer marinated I whipped up.
    Our guest from the hostel and friends from outside of the hostel started showing up around 5pm and the drinks began to be poured. The meat came out perfect and the drinks were bottomless!!! We sat around telling stories of our adventures the low times and the high times. We carried out the second table from the breakfast room outside to our patio next to the pool and the grill and had a huge family dinner. The salsa music was cranked and the dancing began way into the morning. Cops came and Ivan the owner walked out to talk with them laughing as he did “come on it is Christmas they laughed and told us to have a good night….” Gotta love Chile. We even had a tree, it was a perfect Christmas away from home, much better than last year that’s for sure..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    YES!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!!! MY FIRST DOUGHNUT SINCE I LEFT HOME!!!! YUM YUM YES I AM A FAT KID!
    [​IMG]
    MERRY CHRISTMAS
    [​IMG]
    NEW FRIENDS AND FAM FOR CHRISTMAS... AWESOME!!!
    [​IMG]
    LEWIS AND LOU AWESOME ENGLISH COUPLE
    [​IMG]
    BAHAHAHA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    FAMILY DINNER
    [​IMG]
    PABLO THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND!!
    [​IMG]
    CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES!!!! ROAR
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SALSA DANCING IS NO JOKE!!!
  5. crestedbutte-rtw

Oddometer:
    Eakins what can I say maybe in 40 years I can smile but now my life is just way to serious and stressful.... Bahaha:clap:freaky
    Crazy to think we met well over a year ago in Mexico in the very beginning of the trip when I still thought I was going to do my whole trip around the world in 2 years haha thats funny now....

Dusty I have said it many times before but thank you so much for such awesome support as well as everyone from dang ´ol Wolfman Luggage you guys rule!!! Many more pics of that shirt and bags to come over the next few years I promise!!!

Thanks to everyone who is following along, hope everyone is enjoying it!
    Fletch
  6. Shibby!

Shibby! Long timer

Oddometer:
    Happy New Year. I know it's late... I have no excuse.

Just felt the need to let you know in a pinch you can cut and space fork springs to increase spring rate. No joke. It works awesome and is often what you get anyways (Ie, race tech, etc). Lower spring rate springs, shortened, with spacer.

(I'm running them now on my XRR, and has been that way for 28,000 KM's, two trips to Baja, CDT, you know the story)

Just make sure to place the spacer in the proper position where it doesn't move and isn't required to "glide" anywhere. For us with traditional forks, that's at the top below the cap. It takes some searching to find the proper tube metal dimensions, but I used "pins" or joiners for scaffolding. Cut that shit to length, de-bur, install with cut and flattened springs = Golden.

I'm 100% sure anybody can ride my bike and wouldn't know know the diff.

Another trick is you can also drill out your factory valves to make them "gold valves". I did that on my shock and it rips over whoops.
  7. crestedbutte-rtw

Oddometer:
    DAY-419-424
    12/25-30/12
    I and everybody else was dead all day, we laid around the pool and couches slowly dying watching movies. I skyped my sister like she said at 6am her time to see my nephews open Christmas presents and the 3 year old was still asleep!!!! So I finally got them on Skype around 7:30am their time and I was dying on the couch. I was hanging in there but barely trying to stay awake while watching them open presents; it was a blast to watch how excited a 3 year old is over awesome costumes. Past out for a few hours made some dinner and headed to bed after working.
    By the next day we had recovered but our new good friends Lewis and Lue were leaving so we had a nice going away party of wine, wine, wine, whiskey, and Pisco. (oh my poor liver, working at a hostel is killing me…), another day of working on my web pages, uploading a couple hundred pics to my Facebook wheres fletch page, started using twitter (@wheresfletch), finalized the details on shipping, and last but defiantly not least parts are in the air.
    We tried to figure out new years and then made some plans. We will throw another BBQ, wine, whiskey, Pisco, and beer; let’s rage one more time.
    There is a guy Ben who is staying here, been here since Christmas awesome guy even though he was from Germany. Haha just kidding... Hell of a guy and a great drinking partner. Cannot wait to visit him in Germany and go to a few metal/ punk music festivals.

DAY-425
    12/31/12
    We will call this what was I thinking “Rookie mistake!!”
    I, Ben, Pablo, and Ivan, all walked to the supermarket; we picked up 40 chorizos, 3 kilo’s of ribs, and 4 kilos of Loma steaks. We then went to the good isle… 4 big bottles of Red wine, two bottles of Rum, 12 pack of beer, and champagne. We headed back to the hostel and prepped the hostel for a little New Year fun!! I think the day and night was actually a little more tamed compared to Christmas, it was a blast just not as rowdy.
    We hung out at the street hugging and cheers and just drinking and laughing it was amazing!!!
    It was a very drunken very drunken VERY DRUNKEN night with good people and an awesome boss... so so much fun super stoked on how my holiday played out.
    So the Rookie Mistake... “Lets start drinking Rum and Cokes at 4:30 and smash through them like it is water and I am dehydrated in the dessert. We sat around giving each other hell and just enjoying the evening. Then my friend showed up with a bottle of Pisco and a liter of coke, we dumped out half the coke and went 50/50 Pisco to coca-cola. We headed up to the main drag to watch the fireworks and drink in the streets for New Years, Midnight. I was told my drink was too strong so I ended up slamming the liter and then I stumbled back to the hostel and we decided to hang out at the hostel for an hour before we went out. Nope the Pisco kicked in and it was time to crawl to my bed. Bahahaha
    Happy New Years!!!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider-p...RS%202012_xmas-newyears40of76_zps37bbcf65.jpg
    WITHOUT THE RIBS
    [​IMG]
    STARTING NEW YEARS BY THE POOL WITH SOME WHISKEY
    [​IMG]
    MEET BEN THE GERMAN
    [​IMG]
    BBQING BY THE POOL IN 90 DEGREE WEATHER.. AWESOME
    [​IMG]
    PABLO
    [​IMG]\
    CUBRA LIBRE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    NEW FRIENDS AND DRINKING IN THE STREETS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    STEAK!!!!
    [​IMG]
    LOOK MOM I GOT HAIR!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    HALF THE CREW IS PEACEFUL WITH WINE THE OTHER HALF WHISKEY READY TO RAGE!!! HAHA THIS PICTURE MADE US ALL LAUGH IN THE MORNING!!
    [​IMG]
    HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A BRAAAAAPING GOOD 2013, WITH LOTS OF BADASS ADVENTURES!!!!
    THANK YOU FRIENDS FOR FOLLOWING ALONG WITH ME ON THIS CRAZY RIDE
  8. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Man they love their meat down there. I think you get a main dish of meat with a side dish of meat followed up by more meat. :evil
  9. Shibby!

Shibby! Long timer

Oddometer:

Is there something wrong with that Bill?
  10. gbacque

gbacque Adventurer

Oddometer:
    yes he forgot the meat desert.
  11. crestedbutte-rtw

Oddometer:
    "YOU MIGHT BE AN ALCOHOLIC WHEN YOUR THE POSTER CHILD FOR A CHILEAN LIQUOR AD!!" HAHAHA:rofl:rofl
    [​IMG]
  12. RoninMoto

RoninMoto Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Yup. I now have a new goal in my tour. You sir.. are my hero. :deal
  13. crestedbutte-rtw

Oddometer:
    it's all in the beard..... Haha
  14. Shibby!

Shibby! Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hahaha.

That's awesome..

Fletch - The second most interesting man in the world.
  15. crestedbutte-rtw

Oddometer:
    Hey Quinn (Shibby) where you at!?!?!?!? Nick and me are sitting by the pool, drinking beer :freaky, eating Steak, it is 30C, and it is 7:30pm... Your running late, hurry up... hahahahha:clap
    Holding a beer for you, But don't worry I will drink it before it gets warm.....
    [​IMG]
  16. Rustysauce

Rustysauce Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

A rare insight into Fletch maintaining fitness on his RTW. When he can fit through this fence he will be ready to continue riding without fear of breaking his suspension again.
  17. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:

Looks spot on man:clap:clap:clap That scarf really brings it on.
  18. Shibby!

Shibby! Long timer

Oddometer:

Fackers... I tell you...

I was out dirt biking yesterday in -14 celcius (6.8F).

[​IMG]

I did have steak afterwards though. I don't think it could compare to where you guys are, but I work with what I have.

The scarf and manly chest hair must have the women chasing Fletch. The smell doesn't bother them..
  19. crestedbutte-rtw

Oddometer:
    Hahahaha which scarf? The one they gave me to wear for the photo shoot or the one I grew.... hahahaha

They are so impressed by the Beard they forget about the stinch.. hahahahaha

Nicks Latin American Chapter is over, bike is in the air to NZ and he heads out on Sunday night..
    Tons of Dakar pics and updates to come... today...
  20. Shibby!

Shibby! Long timer

Oddometer:
    How does he feel about it?

That's another big step. Curious how he's handling it. There's still stress during travels. It's a different stress though.