Evolution or Revolution?

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by scootrboi, Dec 24, 2013.

1. climbamt

climbamt Been here awhile

Oddometer:

:clap I so agree...
  2. scootrboi

scootrboi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I ordered the sliders and I will let you know how they work!:rayof
  3. Wentwest

Wentwest How's that work?

Oddometer:
    The biggest change I see in scooter design (that has not been mentioned yet) is moving the fuel tank from over the engine to in between the riders feet. That, together with turning the cylinder from vertical to horizontal, made the wheelbase longer. It also freed up a large luggage storage space under the seat, and that's a big deal to me. The difference between an 85-88 Honda CH250 and an 89-90 CH250 is amazing. In later years Honda made the Helix, with an upright engine and storage way back and higher up, and a Reflex, horizontal engine and internal storage. To me there's no doubt the newer design is better.
  4. scootrboi

scootrboi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Has this layout been adopted for the smaller scooters (smaller than the Reflex)? Does the Elite 110 have a longer wheel base than the old Elites?
  5. gec343

gec343 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I totally agree. That is just one reason I want the Honda Integra, the DCT!! Man, I hope it arrive here in the U.S. soon!
  6. bikeridermark

bikeridermark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did you get lighter sliders than the stock rollers? If not, you may not get the advantage of the sliders. I think many people go about 10% lighter.
    Also, they have a certain orientation in which they must be installed. Look at the picture on the container they come in.
    I have sliders in both of my Reflexes, along with a inner variator face from a Big Ruckus Honda. The ruckus face has all equal ramps, as opposed to the two-stage face on the reflex. I've tried both rollers and sliders with this setup. The sliders give great acceleration, and allow the scooter to cruise at lower rpms at high speeds.
    If your sliders end up being too heavy, they are fairly easy to lighten if you have a gram scale.
    Hey! It's all fun and a great learning experience.
  7. scootrboi

scootrboi Long timer

Oddometer:
    One helpful change is that there will be very little grease in the CVT if I have to go in again soon.
  8. bikeridermark

bikeridermark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    You don't have to mess with the driven end at all to change rollers/sliders.
    Shouldn't be ANY grease near the drive end.