Hotrodding the GS - Pre-Order Sale!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Poolside, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InTheMuck

InTheMuck So it goes...

Oddometer:
    Amongst the has beens & the addicts (Milwaukee)
    Sorry, my question was meant to build off of Balanzed's question and your reply. To be more clear...looking at the list of all orders that don't say shipped already...is the batch being worked on currently going to cover all of the orders below, plus the additional orders that have placed but not added to the list yet, or only some of the orders?

Thanks for any clarification you can provide and happy building! :1drink

</snip></snip>
  2. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>I'm thinking that if you two guys can't count to 30 that you might have a hard time installing the IICE Air. Just saying.&#8194;:D

<BR>
  3. Offblnz

Offblnz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Be quiet man and get back to work!

30 me here and 30 me there....I just know I ordered one and that you said you would ship it here. Which part of the list the 30 first (who's on first?) that will ship before the second part of 30 that will ship later, but before the last 30 that are first being shipped after the last of the first of the second.........:lol3

But you're right, I'll probably break something when I install it. I'm a pretty damn good wrecker!:lol3 I'll send you pics of my molestation when I'm done!
  4. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>I'm sure you'll do fine. Everyone has done alright installing it.

<BR>
  5. Offblnz

Offblnz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tell that to my mechanic!:lol3
  6. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>Yesterday afternoon when I sat down to finish the last epoxy step there was an issue with the epoxy resin. The amount of remaining resin seemed to be primarily solids. Apparently I haven't been stirring the resin well enough before each use, and the remaining portion in the container are solids that settled out.

I ordered another 1.4L of resin and curing agent and it will be here Friday or Monday. Also I just got off the phone with the chemical engineer that formulates their products. He says it's a typical issue that happens if the resin isn't properly stirred before mixing with the curing agent. Ahh... yea... that would be me. He went on to say that the over-concentration of solids could be filtered out, restoring the product to normal.

So I set up a coffee filter, and the resin seems to be slowly drip-dripping through there. I'll be back around dinnertime and we'll see how it went.

<BR>
  7. Andrew

Andrew Optimus Primer

Oddometer:
    See, people think it's just Marketing and Engineering. But truth is, Manufacturing is where things come together, or don't.
  8. Offblnz

Offblnz Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's like Santa saying "Sorry, kids, you wont get your presents till after New Years Eve. Freaking Rudolf didn't stir the eggnog that I drink while flying around to serve you little cretins!" :cry

:lol3

On a serious note, yeah, that sucks when things like that happen, Poolside, but the weather is going to be nice next week, so it is all good!:thumb
  9. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>Yea something like that, Balanzed, I didn't stir the eggnog and drank all the brandy off the top.

The coffee filter process is working, the resin coming through looks fine and has the right viscosity. It looks like enough resin is coming through so that I can do the job in the morning.

<BR>
  10. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    That's for sure. The buck stops there as the saying goes.

Wait till you see the assembly setup planned for the IICE Cool. A diy surface mount pick and place, solder paste dispenser, and reflow oven.

<BR>
  11. Sasquatch2112

Sasquatch2112 Old Angry White Guy (OAWG)

Oddometer:
    So can we start ordering IICE products now????
  12. johnjen

johnjen Now, even more NOW!…

Oddometer:
    That's pretty good… :clap

The first response in under 10 minutes and of course it's one of the Texas contingent who jumps in with both feet… :norton

I think it's a new record… :thumb :thumb

JJ :evil :lol3
  13. Sasquatch2112

Sasquatch2112 Old Angry White Guy (OAWG)

Oddometer:

I have 15K miles on the original product. If your claims for the next are half as good I will be a happy camper. I know of several other buddies that will be in shortly asking for one also. Me thinks that the first batch should be a couple of hundred of them. :eek1

Back to riding! PS, 600 miles of twisties around the redwoods, I love it. It seemed that I would go a couple of hundred feet, roll off the gas, corner then back on the gas. Nice and smooth. Yup I am a happy camper!
  14. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    After filtering out the solids from the resin, there was enough resin to do 24 of the 30 pieces. They are curing now, and will go out tomorrow. An order of 1.4L of resin and curing agent will be here Monday and assembly can continue.

<BR>
  15. torquerat

torquerat just getting started

Oddometer:
    I know this is soo bad but will it be the first 24 of 30? I am #9 on the list :zilla
  16. cbrandon

cbrandon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry if it sounds like I'm being a pain poolside, but... I don't see my initials on the list C.B., CT and I ordered a month ago (6/13). Did I not make the cut for this batch? I could swear that I remember seeing a few open spots before I ordered. I could provide a PayPal transaction ID number if necessary for clarification. Thanks in advance!
  17. SloDon

SloDon Hey...where am I?

Oddometer:
    Darn........missed the cut by 2!:cry

Oh well there is always next week.........:D
  18. Thunder Pig

Thunder Pig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ha I beat that I'm number one on the non get it list! Oh well this way we get the good glue! I waited this long, what's another week? Nothing. I get it when I get it.
  19. torquerat

torquerat just getting started

Oddometer:
    :clap IICE air in my mailbox when I got home:D
  20. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    I understand C.B., the order list is up to date. I don't update the list very often, probably not as often as people would like. There are usually 30 pieces to a batch, and on the list the batches are separated with dotted lines.

<BR>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.