Boise ride this weekend...

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by ryanwilliamcantrell, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Jason Abbott

Jason Abbott Long time Idaho rider

Oddometer:
    Yes sir. The missus has been wanting one and now the two younger kids so I think it will be little bikes all around — probably still weigh less combined than big red.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    (looks a little grouchy because she "wants the green one" not red)
  2. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    She's smiling in the second shot pretty pink in the boot huh.

Well! Since the girls want red and green, what's in your future........ ORANGE maybe. Or you going red too. Street legal I hope.

A family that plays together stays together:norton
  3. ryanwilliamcantrell

ryanwilliamcantrell Get Out and Ride!!

Oddometer:
    :clap
    <object style="position:absolute;z-index:1000" type="application/x-dgnria" id="plugin0" height="0" width="0">

</object>
  4. silverspurs

silverspurs why?

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

I never considered MX boots as a fashion item before this! :lol3
    but she pulls it off! what a cutie! :clap:clap
  5. trailrider383

trailrider383 867-5309

Oddometer:
    Ethanol sucks! :pissed Instead of taking a 250 mile ride on my DR today, I ended up back home after 30 miles and spent most of the afternoon cleaning the carb. I've avoided the ethanol goo until this episode. There was a little dollop of clear jelly goo in the well at the bottom of the float bowl. I always drain the carb on it if it's going to sit idle for more than a week. I use non ethanol gas in my dirt bike and all the other small engines I own. I use non ethanol in the DR when I can find it on the road which isn't very often.
  6. effensteve

effensteve Enjoying the ride

Oddometer:
    Way too much maintenance for a suzuki DR Ed. You should never coddle them that much. Mine never, and I mean never gets the good gas, Never gets fthe carb drained and now by the laws of Murphy will probably not run tomorrow. But so far so good. Must be because its missing a Z in its name.
  7. ryanwilliamcantrell

Oddometer:
    Bummer! Is there any merit to the fuel stabilizers or Seafoam to prevent that?

<object style="position:absolute;z-index:1000" type="application/x-dgnria" id="plugin0" height="0" width="0">

</object>
  8. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would say yes... I treat every drop of Ethanol/Non-Ethanol fuel that goes into any of my bikes. I've never had a fuel/carb issue....ever.
  9. rockhopjohn

rockhopjohn I LOVE Orogenies

Oddometer:
    I must be lucky. Those who know me, know that I am not exactly the most conscientious about maintenance. I have left my DRZ sit for 6 months having forgotten to add any Stabil or even forgetting to turn the petcock off on the tank, and am always amazed at how it starts right up and usually runs just fine, especially with the good italian tune up. I was even worse with my ole XT350. I've always run premium, and i know at a lot of stations the premium is ethanol free, so maybe that is a contributing factor to my luck.
  10. effensteve

Oddometer:
    Like I said, it must be a DRZ thing, they just dont care about maintenance. Now on the other hand, if I leave gas in my xr for more than a couple of weeks, only non-ethanol premium, I have to clean the jets. Gotta love the Z
  11. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    IMO todays gas.... E10 and Non-Ethanol.... is all crap with a shelf life of about 2 hrs.

The 66 station in Meridian where I used to get all of my Premium non E10 gas now only sells 87 oct.
  12. boomhwr

boomhwr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    But they claim to have a killer deal on octane boost!!!!!!
  13. effensteve

Oddometer:
    Be ready E-15 is on the horizon, new regs are calling for more friggen corn than ever
  14. ryanwilliamcantrell

Oddometer:
    Tragically.

What do you guys use to treat your gas, if you're going to leave it in there a while?

I've just gotten in the habit of putting Seafoam in, if it's going to sit a while, but that stuff isn't cheap....

</object>
  15. tvbh40a

tvbh40a PSUViking

Oddometer:
    Idaho home of the fiesta bowl champ BSU bronco's
    The problem with most fuel treatments is they are only good for 90 days. As we all know our winters are a tad longer. I treat with this company's products. http://www.bgprod.com/products/fuelair.html. Great product and yes more expensive, but they definitely have ethanol gas treatments that work. Jeff Beynon is the distributor here in the valley. I also make a habit of firing it up once a month in the winter just to keep everything oiled up.

cheers
  16. rockhopjohn

Oddometer:
    My dad owns a lawn maintenance business up in MT and has to pickle all his equipment (some 20+ different motors) down for the winter. His go-to is the Stabil Marine formula. He says it seems to work/last considerable better/longer than anything else he's tried.
  17. effensteve

Oddometer:
    I also have a landscape maintenance business and used stabil for all of the equipment over the winter. So far everything has started right up with no carbs to clean. Even the small 2 strokes are in good shape. Yup, treated everything but the DRZ :lol3
  18. ryanwilliamcantrell

Oddometer:
    Where can you get it?

</object>
  19. rockhopjohn

Oddometer:
    I believe I've gotten it at NAPA, it's been a while since I bought any.
  20. FoolHardy

FoolHardy Still Inky

Oddometer:
    John, I may regret asking but just what exactly is "a good Italian tuneup"?