Potential Ryan Young Clinic 12-13 April in NC

Discussion in 'Trials' started by GrayEagleRider, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Tarheel Wheeler

Tarheel Wheeler Long timer

Oddometer:
    You are welcome to drop off the bike Friday evening. What bike are you riding? Didn't see a Trials bike in you signature block.
  2. joebiodiesel

joebiodiesel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Fixed it! 2 days ago I bought a 2005 Gasgas TXT 280 Pro from a guy that attended the clinic last year. I have been riding it around the yard for the last 2 days. HOLY CRAP is that thing exhausting!! I ride the woods for 20 minutes then have to rest. Practice logs, rest some more. I better get my butt in shape if I'm gonna ride 2 days, or else I'm going to need a nap in between sessions.

Thanks for letting me drop my bike off. I appreciate it.

Joe
  3. Tarheel Wheeler

Oddometer:
    So you bought Jeff's Gasser. You got a great deal! :deal

He was at the farm today riding. He left with a 14 Sherco 3.0. He's a happy camper. :D
  4. joebiodiesel

joebiodiesel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That's the guy. He said he was considering a new bike. He sure didn't waste any time! He seems like a great guy. He took time to talk to me over the phone about trials riding in general, and went over the bike with me pretty thoroughly, telling me what fluids were where, and when the last maintenance was done, etc. He also told me the Ryan young class was not to be missed. I'm glad I got a chance to meet him.

I'm very happy with the deal I got, and I will certainly put the bike to good use.

Joe
  5. Tarheel Wheeler

Oddometer:
    And he's one excellent rider!

His brother's 08 GasGas Raga is for sale on Charlotte CL. A dang good deal too!
  6. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Yes, I have to put a foot down because my legs are too short to put both of them down at the same time on my R1150GS. That's why I think I will like this Trials bike thing. The seat looks low enough for me to get both feet on the ground and not fall over. :D

If nothing else, by the end of the weekend I hope to win the "most improved rider" award. I'm also hoping I don't hurt myself trying.

Is there any special gear I need for this clinic? :D

Jeff, aka "the nOOb"
  7. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    Reservations made at Sanford HIE.
  8. Tarheel Wheeler

Oddometer:
    Open face or light full face helmet. DS boots work well due to some not having a heel. Trials boots don't have heels so that you can easily move your foot on the pegs. MX boots will work. Some wear knee pads, good light MX gloves (maybe 2 or 3 pairs), MX pants or jeans.

Bout does it. :D
  9. HooliKen

HooliKen Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer:

I think we need to pool some funds and get a special gift for the n00biness n00b of this event.

I challenge your n00bness with a greater amount of n00bness.
  10. GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jeff,

Ryan brought a bunch of gear that he provided to riders attending the clinic at a discount. Tarheel Wheeler can also get you very good deals on gear as well.

If anyone is interested, I have a Jitsie trials helmet that I will sale at a decent price. :deal
  11. eyedragaknee

eyedragaknee McGuyver

Oddometer:
    I am signed up for this one and bringing a friend. I hope life situations don't keep me out of this one. Should be fun. I may be the only one there on an orange bike( If the stars align).

TW's farm is awesome and you will have a blast. It's laid back riding at its best.

:clap
  12. Tarheel Wheeler

Oddometer:
    Do tell!!!! :ear
  13. joebiodiesel

joebiodiesel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Class paid for.
    Hotel room booked.

Looking forward to it.

:p3rry

Joe
  14. GrayEagleRider

Oddometer:
    Just a reminder that the deadline for paying for the RY clinic is this Friday the 28th. :deal There are a lot of logistics for the event that are being laid on in the near future that require advanced payment.
  15. Tarheel Wheeler

Oddometer:
    GER is right. I need to buy insurance for the event. The application has to be submitted with names of attendees and requires payment with submission. It also takes a couple of weeks to be approved.

There are a lot of other moving parts that go on behind the scenes to pull a clinic like this off.

Would really appreciate you guys getting your clinic payment into GER by this Friday. If not it will be tough for us to proceed.
  16. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Jason,
    Thanks for the polite reminder of the fee being due by Friday. I had forgotten. I hope we all get our money to you ASAP so you can make this happen. I've hosted events at our place in WV and completely understand what it costs to do this. My hat is off to you for taking on this challenge.

I don't think anyone will enjoy this more than me.... unless I hurt myself. I am planning on bringing my knee braces and MX chest protector.

jeff
  17. HooliKen

HooliKen Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer:
    Payment sent my friend.

Come on kids, let's get this done.

Cheers :beer Ken
  18. eyedragaknee

eyedragaknee McGuyver

Oddometer:
    I have $340 for 2 riders. Need an address to mail or can hand off to TW. Your call. Just so you know 2 more sures

EDK
  19. GrayEagleRider

Oddometer:

Just sent you my address to send checks to. Assume neither of you needs a rental. Thanks
  20. joebiodiesel

joebiodiesel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How are we making out? Do we have 15 folks paid yet?

Joe