The triumph tiger picture thread!

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by scorch, Jan 5, 2005.

1. FoothillRyder

FoothillRyder Tiger Cub

Oddometer:
    I've got those same H-B engine guards on my Steamer - how'd they work?
  2. heffa

heffa Canyon Hillbilly

Oddometer:
    They worked great! They work well as a hand hold as your picking up the beast!

The rear brake lever and the clutch cover didn't make out so well, nothing that can't be welded or bent back into shape. :Lol
  3. maxx rs4

maxx rs4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I guess this is my introduction, then!

I got my hands on this lovely Tiger about 5-6 weeks ago. I've put about 1500m on it so far and have loved every bit of it.

Here it is somewhere in Maryland en route to WV with my lovely riding partner
    [​IMG]

Same trip, leaving my parent's house on our way back to Delaware
    [​IMG]

Here's a neat shot I took on a lazy ride up the Delaware coast.
    [​IMG]

Looking ahead at the Reedy Point Bridge
    [​IMG]

Posing in front of a big ship cruising down the C&D Canal. Shortly after taking this image, both the bike and I were thoroughly doused by the ship's wake :lol3
    [​IMG]

A candid photo of a very nice looking bike if I may say so..
    [​IMG]

Ah, the mud got the better of me :) It took a lot of work to right that thing myself, but I managed after about 5 tries. I'm just glad I didn't get shot by a hunter who could have easily mistaken my grunts and cursing with a bear in heat or something.
    [​IMG]

I hope I meet some other local ADVers who can show me where to ride!
  4. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Max invest in some engine guards wide enough to protect your tank. That is about a 500 dollar tank. I am running the Touratech as they are over built and protect the tank. Our bikes look nearly identical. I love that shade of silver as it matches my 06 Sprint ST. I am also running barkbusters to protect the clutch and brake levers. Yeah it was a bit of coin, but good protection. The SWMotech center stand is the only one that works with the Touratech bash plate. I actually got over 3000 miles out of the rear TKC 80 fully loaded sliding around corners on Top of the World.

[​IMG]
  5. maxx rs4

maxx rs4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice bike.

The touratech crash bars are already in my shopping cart. I told myself I wouldn't get into anything messy before getting them on the bike but, oh well, couldn't stop myself.

Not quite sure I need a bash plate yet.. But probably before my trip out west next summer. Definitely will be getting a SWMotech center stand though.

I'd also love to get some knobbier tires like those TKCs but I do way too much pavement riding.. I just need to avoid mud I guess :scratch
  6. T

T --------------

Oddometer:
    Hey Maxx, Some of the single track stuff on the Canal will push Tiger to its limits not to mention the sand on the South side just off Route 9.... although it seems that mud might be your thing. :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. maxx rs4

maxx rs4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are those the triumph-online bars? How have they held up? They're significantly cheaper than the Touratech ones but that makes me wary.
  8. T

T --------------

Oddometer:
    Ordered these (Fehling crash bars) from the UK. Actually less expensive than some models available in the US and quite sturdy. Yeah, I tested them a few times....
  9. maxx rs4

maxx rs4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  10. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well that was my one and only full set of TKC 80s. Going to try the Mitas E07 Dakar rear with a TKC 80 front. The front lasts awhile but only get about 3000 out of the rear. The Dakar is a harder compound that the regular. After that going to try the Heidenau K60 scout rear. My dealer claims 10k miles out of the rear from them.
  11. sloburban

sloburban Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap:clap:freaky
  12. maxx rs4

maxx rs4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How do those feel at highway speeds? I plan on covering a lot of paved roads on some trips (thousands of miles) but would still like to be able to dip off the beaten path as well. It wouldn't be bad to have a knobbier tire up front if they last long enough..
  13. blacktiger

blacktiger Tigers R great.

Oddometer:
    1st, welcome to ADV.

2nd, try some Heidenau K60 tyres. They give good mileage and are OK in mud. JUST OK mind but much better than a road tyre. They worked very well on a mates Explorer (same sizes as the 955) on a trip we did to Sardinia last week. I also use them on my 800XC.
  14. WVdyhrd

WVdyhrd mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer:
    x2, I don't give my tiger much of a break:

[​IMG]

TKC's are by far the best big block knobby imho. I get some really decent mielage outa em, I ride/commute, etc all year long.

But Blacktiger is right on. I keep putting TKC's on because I'm a glutton for punishment they're awesome but I work around and ride with a buncha ktm adv's and I think the k60's are the real way to go.
  15. davenoseyparker

davenoseyparker Knees in The Breeze

Oddometer:
    The Heidenau are fine as Black Tiger says . 2690 odd miles of Auto route General District plenty of switch backs and Gravel dirt roads and just measured 7.68mm on the rear from 12mm new. Not too bad for a heavy weight Tiger Explorer and carrying loaded luggage for 50% of the mileage.

Knees in the breeze: norton
  16. birddogone

birddogone Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Spent several days making her mine. Cleaned up, touched up, tidied up some wiring, fixed horn, fixed broken L fitting to over flow tank, replaced windsheild screws with stainless, on and on......Oh and took my old Zero Haliburton bag from the attic and made a hat box out of her and added a Wolfman tank bag. I'm very happy with it , rides like a dream. :clap

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  17. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    The TKCs ride great. I have scraped the pegs on them. I am keeping the TKC up front for traction and Mitas or Heidenau on the rear for long wear.
  18. kingofZroad

kingofZroad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

2012 Tiger 800 XC, my first "adventure" bike.
  19. Big Jon

Big Jon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    She's a beauty!
  20. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    +1

Welcome to the club :thumb

Once you go triple...