ADV Motorrad - Official Vendor Thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by rotaryracer, Oct 15, 2012.

1. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Inmates and FFs, if you're looking for some great prices on gear for your next adventure, I'd like to invite you to check out ADV Motorrad. We'll be adding more products and manufacturers in the coming weeks, but have started out with some great brands that provide a lot of bang for your buck. There's more pictures, information, and products on our website, or click on the pictures below to be taken directly to the product page.

[​IMG]

We've recently signed on as the North American distributor for DS Bike Protection products and have many of their more popular parts for the BMW GS series in stock ready to ship. Shown here are the R1200GS Adventure Raid Toolbox, cylinder head guards for the Oilhead and Hexhead, light guards for the R1200GS Adventure OEM lights, and gas tank side panels.

We stock the ever popular Centech AP-1 and AP-2 auxiliary fuse panels. We will also have stock of the AP-130R and AP-170R relay wiring kits to make installations a piece of cake and keep your CANBUS stock wiring happy!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We're pleased to add Holan to the list of top-notch manufacturers that we carry. Holan manufactures some killer hard parts and luggage systems for a wide variety of manufacturers. We've already started receiving shipments from Poland, and will begin stocking local inventory at our shop in New York of their Nomada Pro pannier systems, crashbars, and other parts.

The Nomada Pro systems feature an asymmetrical design with an exhaust cut-out to fit the cases to the bike as closely as possible and reduce overall width. Made of 2mm aluminum alloy with a unique eight-sided design, these cases are both incredibly sturdy as well as more aerodynamic than standard flat-sided cases. The cases use a waterproof top lid design that fully detaches for ease of access. Four external luggage loops are included on the lid for securing gear, or to use with the optional carry handle kits. Options include a powdercoated black or stainless steel pannier rack, 31L, 38L, or 45L pannier sizes, and your choice of aluminum/natural, black, or gray cases. Lock sets (a set of 4 per pannier system), auxiliary fuel mounts, inner bags, carrying handles, and other accessories are also available to build the exact system to meet your needs.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Any questions, please feel free to PM or email me.

Thanks, and ride safe!

Jason Smith
    www.advmotorrad.com
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Added you to the Vendor's discount to adv inmates list :thumb
  3. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks GB!

I just updated the shipping module on the site to pull real-time information from USPS versus having to rely on flat-rate shipping. This way, you get the best price shipped to your door.

Thanks to everyone for all the interest so far. We'll be adding more products to the site this weekend, and will be kicking off a special group buy on pannier systems, crashbars, and other accessories within the next few days....stay tuned, because you won't want to miss it!

Jason Smith
  4. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Raid toolbox from DS Bike Protection is one of the more popular items we carry. It's a great way for R1200GS Adventure owners (with factory racks) to take advantage of the unused space on the inside of your right pannier mount.

Made completely of 2MM aluminum (no plastic here), it is waterproof and lockable, with easy access to approximately 4.5L of storage from the rear of the bike. It installs easily with included hardware and does not interfere with use of the stock sidecases.

R1200GS Adventure Raid Toolbox -

Quick video review...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

And a few more glamour shots.... :evil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Any questions, please feel free to PM or email me via the website.

Thanks!

Jason Smith
    www.advmotorrad.com
  5. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Our first shipment of Centech products have arrived at ADV Motorrad! We have the AP-1 and AP-2 fuse panels in stock and ready to ship, as well as the AP-130R and AP-170R relay kits to make installation a breeze.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Centech AP-1 -

The AP-1's compact size (3.0&#8221; x 2.4&#8221; x 1.25&#8221;) allows for easy installation. Once the fuse panel is mounted, you simply attach the positive and negative wire between the power source (battery or relay) and the heavy power studs on the panel. This will allow the AP-1 to supply safe, fused power for up to eight individual electronic devices, including radio, GPS and other accessories up to 60 amperes.

Adding your accessory is as simple as routing your power wiring from your device to one of the "eight positive and grounding lugless terminal strips" on the AP-1. Our "lugless" terminal strips require you to strip off a small amount of wire insulation and insert the copper wire into the opening under the retaining screw. No additional fasteners are needed.

Manufactured using only high quality materials such as plated contacts and stainless steel hardware, the water resistant AP-1 fuse panel will provide reliable service no matter your application.

The fuse panel utilizes ATC type fuses that do not spark when blown while the built-in &#8220;grounding&#8221; system ensures that the electrical system works properly and safely at all times.

Each AP-1 comes complete with fuses and necessary hardware, instructions and one year warranty .

Centech AP-2 -

The AP-2 is a fuse panel needed to power auxiliary electrical devices. On motorcycles, the AP-2 operates items such as GPS, heated gloves and vests etc. without have to disrupt your electrical wiring. On other vehicles, the AP-2 is a second fuse panel need to protect your new wiring when adding item such as radios, GPS, driving lamps.

The AP-2 fuse panel is identical to the AP-1 panel with the exception that the AP-2 is divided into two electrical sections. The main section contains three fuses and feeds five outputs while the second section has two fuses and three outputs. The advantage of having two sections allows the enthusiast to have fused power available for devices which need constant battery power and those which need to be switched &#8220;OFF&#8221; with the ignition key. The AP-2 can handle a maximum of 60 amperes divided into a 40 ampere and 20 ampere section. The built-in GROUND section handles a maximum of 60 amperes. The AP-2 can be connected directly to the battery or to your ignition switch. For those with the CAN BUS system, the AP-130R wiring kit provides a relay and wiring.

Each AP-2 comes complete with fuses and necessary hardware, instructions and one year warranty .

Centech AP-130R or AP-170R Wiring Kits -

The AP-130R and the AP-170R assemblies consist of high performance relays and associated wiring need to operate the AP-1 and AP-2 fuse panels. These work especially well with the CAN BUS system and also work well with a standard ignition switch.

Included with each kit is a high current relay needed to switch battery power to the fuse panel along with the necessary high temperature, color coded and labeled wire.

Wire is provided to operate the relay from a low current source such as a tail lamp. The AP-130R contains additional wire to provide power to the second section of the fuse panel AP-2.

Each kit comes complete with fuses and necessary hardware, instructions and one year warranty .

Order the AP-130R for the AP-2, or the AP-170R for the AP-1.
  6. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Want to protect your OEM auxiliary lights on your R1200GS Adventure? These guards from DS Bike Protection will help protect your expensive BMW factory lights ($140 each!) from being damaged or destroyed.

• Laser cut and formed from 1.5mm aluminum
    • "GS 1200 ADV" logo is laser cut into the side of the guard
    • Installs easily with included hardware
    • Designed specifically for the OEM auxiliary lights on the BMW R1200GS Adventure - will not fit other aftermarket lights
    • Sold as a pair
    Any questions, please PM me or contact me via the website at www.advmotorrad.com.

R1200GS Adventure OEM Auxiliary Light Guards -

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Happy Thanksgiving!

This steering stop protector by DS Bike Protection will act as the primary steering stop, protecting your factory steering stop, the Telelever arm, and the front suspension sliders.

• Protects your tank and other expensive parts from being dented by the forks
    • Laser cut from 3mm aluminum with nylon side blocks
    • R1100/1150GS application includes a bracket to restrain the brake line to prevent it from being crushed if the bike falls
    R1200GS / Adventure Steering Stop Protector -

[​IMG] [​IMG]

R1100 / 1150GS / Adventure Steering Stop Protector -

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  8. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Designed by DS Bike Protection to fit the R1200GS and Adventure, this final drive guard/skidplate will protect your final drive from damage.

• Protects your final drive from damage on the trail.
    • Laser cut from 4mm aluminum with rubber inserts to cushion direct contact with the final drive.
    • The black nylon crash bung/slider is available separately
    R1200GS / Adventure Final Drive Guard -

[​IMG]
  9. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    The DS Bike Protection R1100GS Transmission Reinforcement bracket is made of 4mm steel and provides critical protection for a high stress area. If heavily laden or ridden fast in rough conditions (or all of the above), the rear frame can exert enough leverage to break the transmission case. If you use your GS off-road the way it was meant to be ridden, this is a critical investment to prevent an expensive repair.

Shown in red only to demonstrate how it mounts, the bracket comes in natural/aluminum.

R1100GS Transmission Reinforcement Bracket -

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  10. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just got another shipment from DS Bike Protection with a F800GS skidplate included...this thing is heavy duty! It's made of 4mm aluminum and designed for use with the stock exhaust headers. All rubber breakaway mounts and hardware are included to make this an easy installation!

F800GS Engine Skidplate -

[​IMG]
  11. Boondox

Boondox Travels With Barley

Oddometer:
    Jason - The RAID toolbox looks really interesting. I'm not hurting for space, but having my tools more readily accessible (without unpacking a sidecase) would be a bonus. I'm surprised by the lack of reviews for a best seller, though.

Can you point me to some that address weatherproofness, ease of access, and durability? I was looking at that 3.5L plastic competitor with a triple mount, but yours has a bit more room.

Also, on the 12GSA do you recommend removing the little mudguard?

TIA,
    Pete
  12. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Pete - thanks for your interest!

The closest I have right now is the video overview shown in an earlier thread. We've sold many of these toolboxes since picking up the DSBP brand a couple of months ago, and I know DS Bike has sold hundreds directly with almost uniformly positive reviews (via eBay, etc.) of quality and durability. Ultimately, if you're not completely satisfied, I'll take it back for a full refund.

There should not be any interference with the mudguard at full compression, so no issues if you want to keep it installed.

Thanks again - any other questions, please let me know.

Jason
  13. Boondox

Boondox Travels With Barley

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Jason. I sent the URL to my wife. She's looking for something to surprise me with Christmas morning. :D

I'll look suitably shocked and gratified when I unwrap it.:evil
  14. joenuclear

joenuclear Still here....

Oddometer:
    the Ozark, Boston, Kiamichi and Ouachita Mnts
    I placed an order earlier and forgot to use the ADV discount code. I emailed the site and within minutes Jason replied saying he would refund the difference.
    Thanks again Jason.
  15. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Joe - happy to help!
  16. DaddyBigDaddy

DaddyBigDaddy AKA -Evel Kneilson

Oddometer:
    Liberal ShitHole, San Fran-sissyco, Kalee-Fornee-a
    Bought a set of holan lite crash-bars from Jason and he's a good guy. Told me the truth of lead time and delivery and kept me posted trough the transaction.

Well made and finished bars and super easy to install or remove. Well packed...took me 2 hours to empty the box :rofl

Glad to have ADV Motorad as a parts source .

Aloha! Ken@AspenRacing.com
  17. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks very much Ken - glad you like the crash bars!
  18. macadamia

macadamia XK Red 27 Technique Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just ordered the tool box and cannot wait to install it on my GSA. I'll make a full report after my ride home.
  19. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, and happy holidays!

Jason
  20. matthangen

matthangen 07' R1200GS Adv.

Oddometer:
    Montgomery, AL/Kara, Togo/ Oklahoma City, Ok
    Tried the discount today and it didn't work, said it was expired, what's up!