All things Triumph Street Triple

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by queenpdog, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Jccc

Jccc Long timer

Oddometer:

Absolutely stunning!:thumb I love that bike in black! Congrats and enjoy!
  2. sands

sands Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice looking bike...I had a chance to ride one at their demo events..The engine noise (not the exhaust note) has a really cool sound...Really light feeling, brakes are very strong, and for a 675cc it pulls really well from all rpm...Fuel injection is exceptional, and shifting was very good...No cluncking or anything...
  3. queenpdog

queenpdog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Congrats on your new ride. Black is sexy but graphite is faster :D .
    I can't imagine calling the Streety a loud bike. I love her hum. I think it might grow on you. Earplugs maybe?
  4. scootertrog

scootertrog Jedi Fart Master

Oddometer:
    Sound is orgasmic, but do wear some ear plugs!
  5. mcteague

mcteague Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't get me wrong, I love the sound. I was just surprised that it was so much louder than my Yamaha FZ6. Of course the sound of that bike was a bit overwhelmed by the horrible buffeting noise from the windscreen.

I wear custom ear plugs all the time!

Tim
  6. VixObs

VixObs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I took a nice ride up to Ojai yesterday. 410 round-trip warm-up for my summer riding.

Attached Files:

7. rich_mc

rich_mc Full Fledged MEM-Ber

Oddometer:
    OK - I've been SUPER BUSY @ work, so I haven't had the chance to take pics and get them posted up, but did finally take the time yesterday to get them taken...

Misc pics of the brackets for the Hepco Becker C-Bow system on a 2011 Triumph Street Triple R...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now some with the bags in place....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did also finally get around to mounting the GPS on yesterday too....

[​IMG]

I picked up the H&B C-Bow System from www.sportmotogear.com Service was excellent - Shipping was a little slow, but they did forewarn me that all items were enroute from Europe and that it might take a little while to get them - They did keep me in the loop as to when the container arrived in the US and when it was released from customs, etc, so I feel they did a great job :thumb

I had planned a trip in early May that was going to be the maiden voyage for this bike and these bags, but the weather turned to shit, so ended up taking the car instead... Wx is now nice and will soon be leaving to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway in it's entirety.... Will update on performance of the bags after I get back...
  8. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    I will be anxious to hear a review of the bags. I have a "proper" touring bike in a 1200GS, but decided to take the Triple on a 3 day run from Indiana to Asheville this weekend. The older I get, the more I seem to regress toward light weight, sporting bikes. Work had prohibited me from spending much real time on my Triple, so this was a chance to put it to the test. My only disappointment was that the area was so crowded over the holiday weekend that I felt more like I was in a parade than really riding. I'm going to have to make another trip to give the tires a workout.

I've never been one to want to make a bike into something it wasn't intended to be, but I also don't like the idea of limiting a bike's potential either. I was extremely impressed with the Triple's ability to carry me along on Interstate duty when necessary. While I prefer to avoid those type of roads, if you are like me, you often only have a small window to escape and return in, requiring some quick travel to and from the desired destination. The stock seat was quite painful for me after about 200 miles and my bum right knee got a bit cranky, but I had no problem running the 450 miles from Asheville to my house this morning in about 7.5 hours. Just a couple quick shots:

I ended up using Kriega bags ( a 20 and a 10) and an old tankbag.
    [​IMG]

You can even deliver pizzas on this bike!
    [​IMG]

I have another Kriega 10 and a tankbag adapter. I bought this bike as a fun, local toy to complement the Beemer, however, I enjoy riding it so much more than the Beemer Pig that I may have to give those saddlebags a serious look.

Shep
  9. rich_mc

Oddometer:
    Looks like you had a nice ride Shep...actually quite similar to the destinations I'll have on my upcoming trip....

I looked at the Kriega option, but was concerned about how easy it would be to access my stuff....

Will keep you posted on my thoughts on the bags after I live out of them for a week...

Like you, I've had a lot of bigger bikes and the Street is one of the smallest bikes I've had...I'm hopeful that I will still be as impressed with it once I return....
  10. doublen

doublen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That C-bow system looks great. Looks like it won't work without the stock exhaust though? Am I wrong?
  11. rich_mc

Oddometer:
    Yep, you're wrong...mine has the stock exhaust and no issues with interference... :thumb
  12. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    The accessibility of the Kriega is something that concerned me as well. When I am riding around locally I just use a small tail bag or tank bag so I can access items quickly. On a trip, I found the Kriegas to work well. I normally did not need to get in them for anything until I was done riding for the day. If I did, I could still get in them. For example, I carried all of my clothes and a small atlas and my iPad in the 20. I was able to take the iPad and atlas in and out just fine. The main reason I used a tank bag instead of another Kriega on the tank was for quicker access to items like a tire gauge, gloves, ear plugs, etc. Biggest problem I had was getting my short legs over the seat with those bags on back!

Shep
  13. doublen

doublen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Re-read. I said "Without". :lol3
  14. rich_mc

Oddometer:
    I did have a few beers in by the time I read your post, but still Musta read wrong.... regardless, work fine with stock exhaust.... I think they would bolt up to non stock exhaust bikes... back bolts mount to a piece that bolts to the tail piece under the license plate bracket.... front bolts fasten to the same bolts under the side cover that the stock exhaust fastens to.... might have to get different bolts, but should bolt up.... pipe to bag clearance = no idea.....
  15. Shep

Shep Vagabond Supporter

Oddometer:
    I asked the guys at Sportmotogear a couple questions and they responded almost immediately. They sent me a copy of the installation instructions so I could see how they mount. It looks like there is no reason they would not work with my Arrow highs.

This is a lousy pic, as I failed to pay attention to what I was doing. Morning in Asheville before I headed home. No connection with the other riders...I'm a solo guy.

From left: Councourse, BMW K, Ducati Monster 796 and my Triple
    [​IMG]

Shep
  16. scootertrog

scootertrog Jedi Fart Master

Oddometer:
    Plus 1 for the Kriega gear - love it!

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DANNtmEG_hg" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="349"></iframe>
  17. rich_mc

Oddometer:
    Started on my trip today and forgot to reset the shift light from where they had it set for break in period.... can any of you tell me how to set it up higher than 5K rpm ....?
  18. Lopoetve

Lopoetve Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Engine on, top button will rotate to setup eventually, and it should be in there (once you're through break-in). At least, that's what I remember the manual saying, but I'm also in break-in and it's not available yet :(
  19. rich_mc

Oddometer:
    Sweet...thanks....was able to just get it shut off...much better now..... 600 miles in last 2 days and all is well except for a weird sound as I come to a stop, but its intermittent....
  20. VixObs

VixObs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    To make my Kriega a little bit more secure, l attached the straps to the frame under the seat. When I remove the bags the straps tuck in out of the way under the seat.

Attached Files:

• K003.jpg
      K003.jpg
      File size:
      105.3 KB
      Views: