RTW with Noah on a KTM 690

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by RoninMoto, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k9companion

k9companion Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Now I want to quit my job and travel. I just need to figure out how to sell the idea to the wife.. :hmmmmm
  2. RhinoVonHawkrider

RhinoVonHawkrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm w/ ya, but I would need to sell the kids too:wink:

Noah great video

Do U have some pics from boarding?

Still following....

Stay Safe & Keep em on 2 wheels in 2013:clap
  3. nanox14

nanox14 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    DUDE it took me three days to read the whole thing, so you can figure out how many hours I spend "working"at the office :deal and it has been an awesome adventure since the beginning, keep riding safe and HAVE FUN,, probably you are hitting the slopes at the moment,, I know it's gonna be a WHILE but if you get close to VENEZUELA it would be nice to meet you and you'll have a place to crash,, CHEERS..
  4. GuiltyParty

GuiltyParty drifter

Oddometer:
    Cheers for positing the vid Noah and to everyone else for the comments, glad you liked it :1drink If you ever need a place that has a bit of everything and want to feel like a rock star Morocco is the place to be
  5. Cortez

Cortez BAZINGA!

Oddometer:
    +1

He sux! :dog
  6. RoninMoto

RoninMoto Wanderer

Oddometer:
    When people ask "where was your favorite place?" Morocco is high on my list. That vid made me remember so much of it.

I agree. Thanks for the vid Craig!

I have a few pics of the Mountains here. Unfortunately my camera took a shat a few days ago and I need to get her sorted out. I tried to update the firmware... so it erased the OS that was on the camera and now the camera wont take the new version from my computer. I need to find someone with an older comp I think.

Yesterday there was about 40 cm of fresh snow. We rode from open till close. only stopping for a piva for lunch. I am sore today but in 50 minutes I will be back on the slopes to track that fresh powder.

[​IMG]
    This was yesterday evening.

[​IMG]
    This is Georgian beer. Quite nice.

Welcome to the party! Thanks for the kind words. It will be a few years till I get to South America.. you might have to remind me to come visit :deal
  7. RoninMoto

RoninMoto Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Gunnerbuck just sent me this link. He made a video from when I was in Vancouver Island last spring. This guy knows that Island.. and the 640.. like the back of his hand.

Thanks for showing me around and the Vid!
    <iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PJaMykJL8Og?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  8. kwakbiker

kwakbiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great vid, loving those roads and tracks:clap
  9. Katoom119

Katoom119 Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer:
    Just watched the videos. I'm both happy for you and jealous all at the same time.

Thanks for taking us along.
  10. RoninMoto

RoninMoto Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for being a part of this adventure.
  11. nanox14

nanox14 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A quick question,, did you remember what king of camera was you friend using for the Vancouver video???,, thanks
  12. RoninMoto

RoninMoto Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Guiltyparty had gopro2 for Morocco vid.

Gunnerbuck had contour roam for vancouver vid. The quality on my comp is not to good because of the slo internet. I have some of the raw footage and its much better.

Soon I will have 2x gopro 3 black to help document. I will hopefully make a few vids also.
  13. Low594

Low594 Adventuring Creep

Oddometer:
    Good to hear!
  14. LethPhaos

LethPhaos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    so it seems I'm going to have to get into the building windfarm world :D. where would one apply, and what degree would you need?
  15. RoninMoto

RoninMoto Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Its not just the wind farm industry. It is the utility industry as a whole. The average age of a Utility engineer or Power Engineer in the US is over 50 right now. Who is going to fill that gap once they retire? People with an electrical engineering degree with an emphasis on power systems. When I was in college there were only a handful of students studying power. I can guaranty every one of them got a job out of college. If you are willing to travel for a few years working your a$$ off as an on site engineer (most engineers don't want to leave their office) you can put aside some decent money. Not to mention there are no living expenses when you are working 95 miles from home or more. 2 words.... Per Diam. (non taxed):clap

Speaking of power systems... I took a picture of this today when I was done snowboarding.
    This building houses a transformer for sourounding hotels. The high voltage bushing is about 3 feet above the snow bank. It is probably 2.4kv or 4.6kv. Either way, if a kid got up there.. He would be no more. This would have to be a minimum of about 18 feet or so in the US. I've been here for just over 2 weeks and the power has gone out 3 or 4 times. Maybe its got something to do with the installations. :deal
    [​IMG]
  16. Groomez

Groomez Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great read man! I'm finally caught up after a pot of coffee. Thanks for the add too. I'm currently saving up some $$ to put aside for my RTW trip in a few years.
  17. c-zulu

c-zulu Works with Turds

Oddometer:
    Whoa :eek1

[​IMG]
  18. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl Can't shoot straight Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hiya Noah :wave. Just checking in.....looks like you're sitting...err....pretty as usual. Cheers!
  19. RoninMoto

RoninMoto Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Hiya grrl.
    The only sitting I've been doing is on the chair lift. The snow has been amazing. I'm just about back into the ski bum lifestyle. I've snowboarded 15 of the 19 days I've been here in Gudauri and I've had more powder days so far this year then in the past 3 for me. This place truly is epic.
  20. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've heard that Europe has had an epic powder season.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.