Trail Tech Voyager - Interesting GPS Speedo!

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by Yellow Pig, Oct 22, 2010.

1. SUMTROUBLE

SUMTROUBLE Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks ZZZ...

I don't know in what format they write the file.. Problem is they give it to you the day of.. Are you doing the la to b to vegas? if so then yes I'll meet up and have set (convert) the file for me.. Yea It has an option that loads tracks.. I'm waiting for one more call from the AMA to get a final answer..

Message me your email I'll send you a bunch of diff photo's maybe by that you can guide me around the thing a lil bit.. I'm really unfamiliar with GPS I've only used the brain dead car navi systems.. LOL
  2. mpanther

mpanther KotW - Just Ride!

Oddometer:
    While you are in Vegas, I would love to hook up and see this unit first hand.
    And say hi and meet you too. *grin*

PM me if you are interested.
  3. B.C.Biker

B.C.Biker mighty fine

Oddometer:
    Interested in this new offering as I was about to order a Vaypor. A question for Trail Tech , when in GPS mode is that all you can see , none of the other info like speed, temp ,ect.? Maybe I'm missing something but if one already had a gps on the bars how would this be better ?
  4. DmsFab

DmsFab Banned

Oddometer:
    Wow, I am glad I saw this as I am in the market for a TT speedo AND a GPS. I think this fits the bill. $290 for all those features?! That is pretty respectable to me. But the old adage of somehtng that does somemany things, It can not do ONE thing very well!

I'd like to hear some real-world reviews for it. I did read a few but they sounds like they were writen by a TT manager!!
  5. SUMTROUBLE

SUMTROUBLE Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well here's my point of view. I'm also a complete noob to GPS and found the unit very easy to use.

The guys @ trail tech are awesome!!!!! they stayed up late Wednesday to work out a few things and Emailed me an update for the unit.

It got me from Palmdale to Vegas with out a hitch.

Speedo perfect , tracking amazing . I ran the whole thing never looking at the roll chart. I just had my riding partner keeping track in case of failure and to point out the hard ways. I set the two engine temp points. Only saw one come on when I had the bike sitting at ide. (set at 120) just to see if it worked. There are tons of different settings those were just the two that I set.

Things I would like to see fixed.. Which im sure would be and easy program rewite.

Speed in the corner while on the map screen. Or to stay on speedo screen where all the info is and have a turn pop up.
    On like the la to Vegas, a distance to finish
    Larger font size
    it would be great to have the track line bolder and Your travel line even bolder. It's a lil hard to read in the sunlite with dusty goggles and running 85. Be nice if you could just glance down.

This should not put anyone interested off on this unit it though.. It has SO MANY fuctions and its built by guys like us RIDERS. So I'm sure any issue anyone has they will deal with them.

i personal love it and will add a few more on the other bikes I have..
  6. DmsFab

DmsFab Banned

Oddometer:

Did I read that right, that the Speedo is still in the corner when on the map screen?
  7. SUMTROUBLE

SUMTROUBLE Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No it's not.. I emailed them and said it would be a great if not a necessity to have it there.. Not like there isn't enough screen space to have it like that.. It's not hard to switch on the fly the joystick is easily reached and user friendly..

I'd say it WILL happen in an update very soon though, it has too.

If you send me your email addy I'll send you some photo's of the different screen shots so you get an idea what I'm talking about..
  8. ramz

ramz Professional Trail Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Why not post the pics here for all to see? :deal
  9. SUMTROUBLE

SUMTROUBLE Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ramz, I'll send you the photo's I just need a day to get out to my trailer and shoot some.. I left it in the trailer when I came back from Vegas.. I should have some to you by tomorrow..
    Denny Thanks for the offer also.

I hope a few photo's will clear some questions up
  10. 2strokeClay

2strokeClay Adventurer

Oddometer:

Yes, There were a lot of requests for pics in this thread.
  11. Neil E.

Neil E. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  12. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
  13. tmotten

tmotten Lefthand ride Dutchy

Oddometer:
    Why no tacho bar? Seems like there is space for it.
  14. tmotten

tmotten Lefthand ride Dutchy

Oddometer:
    Fuck it. I'll be getting 2 I think. Will just use the user screen for the tacho. Didn't realise I could use OpenStreetMap with it. If that was me I'd add their logo to the website page showing the OHV thing. OpenStreetMap is getting bigger and more popular all the time.
  15. Zecatfish

Zecatfish XTique Rider

Oddometer:
    Is there a base map in the e unit at all?
    It only used OpenStreetMaps if you convert it to GPX format.
    Would be better if it could use OSM files natively without using GPX space.
    Then your maps could be dynamically updated as OSM gets updated and free datum for all.
  16. DmsFab

DmsFab Banned

Oddometer:
    So, I have a question. I read the user manual the other day and saw that you can create a track and overlay it onto Google earth maps. Now, when you load that track onto the gps, does it have the google earth view with the track shown on the screen? Does that makes sence?
  17. theantipaul

theantipaul Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer:
    I had Geek over here the other day trying to do just that, no joy. I think this is a good start for a product, but there is a decent amount of room for improvement.

If anyone comes up with a way to do this, I'd like to know.
  18. DmsFab

DmsFab Banned

Oddometer:

Hmmmmm, So you can only overlay your track onto google earth on you computer but not on the unit itself? That kind of sucks. I am wondering if they will offer that feature as a later upgrade to this unit. I really like this idea but you are probably right......too new to be REALLY good. I might just go with the Stealth and a Garmin gps
  19. Zecatfish

Zecatfish XTique Rider

Oddometer:
    Look at the Howto in my sigline.
    They are talking about using Google Earth to create tacks/routes.
    Google Earth defaults to .kml or .kmz (Note you have to save as .kml) then use gpsbabel to convert the track to gpx format.
    You copy that track to the micro-sd card and then load the tracks/route.
  20. theantipaul

theantipaul Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer:
    We might be talking about two different things, you can import the track and any street created from OSM then babel to translate to kml, but the topo lines or anything else from Google goes away, that's what we were trying to do.

Without that and color it ends up being a jumble of lines, hard to tell what's tracks and whats a street. At least that's as far as I've gotten.

Anyone else get more out of it yet?