South Flatistan

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by Eickey, Mar 24, 2008.

1. FL Pepper

FL Pepper OMGWTFFTW

Oddometer:
    Sanpau & FL P will be at the park in the am. Enough bikes are running. :ricky
  2. speedracertdi

speedracertdi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll be there at 9:30 :clap

I run 50/50 tires for everything I ride on. Depends on your skill level. Last weekend we hit every possible surface you could think of, I was on 50/50, El Santo was on.... er, "slicks" :lol3.
  3. sanpau

sanpau Love to Ride

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the ride guys---It was nice to meet El Santo and 51%......Schnebly Redland's had great BBQ and Beer for a reasonable price today and it was yummy!!! Rod and Kenny braved some dirt on the way back but Sharon and I decided to do the pavement. Hope to see all of you again soon....if the DR350 is up and running again maybe some dirt next time....51% TELL us some places to ride in your neck of the woods and we can meet up with you over there sometime.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/fl-campground-showdown-broward-20120122,0,2912511.story

We will have to find somewhere else to meet soon....................:(:
  4. Deleted4248

Deleted4248 Guest

The lease has been extended for one more year from what I understand.. I hope so.. Glad you guys had a great ride today!!!:clap
  5. 51%

51% ReadyToRide

Oddometer:
    Thanks to the SF group for a warm welcome and a great ride today.

Scrubbing bugs off my face shield now while waiting for food. 350 miles for me today.

(later) Loop road was posted closed near where the pavement ends at the east end... I pressed on to the western exit. Saw no reason for closure unless they just don't want traffic while the culverts are going in. Found a nice 12-14 ft gator on the side of the road, wanted his picture but didn't have a long lens. Stopping close enough for a cell phone pic seemed unwise. It was really nice out there today because the signs kept all the casual users out. Saw just two vehicles in the whole place.

Went on west via Janes and through Picayune as the sun was setting. Lots of destruction going on there.

All in all a great day. Good company, blue skies, and warm weather.
  6. speedracertdi

Oddometer:
    We didn't get much dirt. They added a new gate about 1/4 mile in. You could go around if you had a hovercraft (deep mud). We turned around and went back via Krome.

It was a great day and Schnebly was really great too. Nice to meet 51%. Maybe we can do a ride/camp next Saturday and Sunday in Picayune Strand. Weather is dry and hopefully be cool enough to sleep outdoors comfortably.
  7. speedracertdi

Oddometer:

Here's my answer to that.

http://www.change.org/petitions/broward-county-florida-leave-everglades-holiday-park-unchanged

It's my first time using Change.org but I can't let Broward do this unchallenged. If you agree, please sign the petition and tell your friends. Thanks!
  8. FL Pepper

FL Pepper OMGWTFFTW

Oddometer:
  9. FL Pepper

FL Pepper OMGWTFFTW

Oddometer:
    Great meeting 51% today. Glad you made it over here to meet us. We'll have to come over there soon and do some more riding and less time spent in Dade county traffic.
  10. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok, so do you guys realize you were like 4 miles from my house yesterday!!!!! I can almost walk to Schneblys!! and if you went down 296 or 288 west out that way then you were within a block of the house!! Sent SanPau my number and I think FLP has it also! ring me up next time!! 51% probably didn't realize how close you were!!!

Still waiting on getting the bike fixed, hopefully this week!! I am missing prime riding weather!!:freaky
  11. Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard Instagram @motopossum Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Sounds like you guys (and gals ) had a great ride today. Where did they add in a new gate?

I rode the KLX up to Okeechobee and went dirt bike riding at L Cross for a few hours. All in all 270 miles and I got to ride the levee back from Clewiston during sunset and after dark...If you haven't done this I highly recommend it...there are a TON of critters out there when the Sun is setting.
  12. FL Pepper

FL Pepper OMGWTFFTW

Oddometer:
    We missed you, Andy. :freaky

Figured you would still be recuperating. Hope you and the bike are up and running soon.
  13. marty hill

marty hill The Energizer Bunny

Oddometer:
    Planning on riding the loop from west to east on thursday. Open all the way???
    Thanks!
  14. 51%

51% ReadyToRide

Oddometer:
    Marty, there are signs saying closed, local traffic only. I rode all the way through no problem. I figured I was local- probably have a cousin or something back there. :D
    You can just give them the lost tourist routine if anyone asks. Speak in an accent and tell them you're looking for Disney. Worst they can do is send you back out and you use 41.
  15. marty hill

marty hill The Energizer Bunny

Oddometer:
    Mike, got to say I really like your advice.:lol3
    I'll be around next saturday, hope to meet some of you guys.

Oh, and thanks for the info. I'll speak a bit of Italian or Russian.
  16. Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard Instagram @motopossum Super Moderator

Oddometer:
  17. sanpau

sanpau Love to Ride

Oddometer:
    There is a TAG over in that area awaiting to be taken......check the Tag a Flag thread:deal
  18. Celtic Curmudgeon

Celtic Curmudgeon Indiana Jones wanabe

Oddometer:
  19. clark-kentski

clark-kentski PartiallyBionic

Oddometer:
    Yep,be there by 10 to get a good parking spot :evil
  20. FL Pepper

FL Pepper OMGWTFFTW

Oddometer:
    Me n Sanpau are going and I think Speedracer is bringing his hack.