3 season jacket for a tall guy (6'4")

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Skidmarkart, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Skidmarkart

Skidmarkart Dirty Middle Age Man Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have been poking around on this forum for a bit looking at jacket info, but I am not finding exactly what I need.

So, I am pretty tall and thin, 6'4" about 210. I am looking for a jacket to replace my Firstgear textile mesh jacket. It's been a great jacket for the price and I have no complaints, but riding to work in the rain and cold this past week has convinced me that I need some gear that is more suited to the job. I have long arms, and I would prefer a longer jacket than the Firstgear, and something a bit warmer (even with the liner in, it's pretty cool) water-resistance or water-proof would help, as I ride in just about any weather. I'd like something that is long enough in the arms, and general length, but skinnier in the body. I have fallen enough to know that without zip in pants, there's a good change that whatever I am wearing will get pulled up. I am in North Carolina, so it doesn't get too cold in the winter. Summers, are hot and humid.

Something in the sub $300 range would be ideal too. Any suggestions? TIA.
  2. AdrianB1

AdrianB1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dainese. I am as tall but thinner and I paid 200$ reduced from 300$ (small issue with the zipper). D-dry, Daisese version of GoreTex, liner for cold weather (t-shirt and jacket at +6 degrees Celsius), nice fit, size 54 European (you probably need 56 or more), pocket for honeycomb back protector ($60, very light and comfortable), best jacket I have for spring-summer-autumn.
  3. SASAGER

SASAGER Because It's There

Oddometer:
    Just got a Scorpion Commander 2 from Revzilla for $350
    Got XL Tall
    I'am 6''4/215
    Jacket fits perfect and looks cool
  4. DaveStockwell

DaveStockwell Rock Fodder

Oddometer:
    For Textile, Aerostitch Roadcrafter comes in Talls plus they will do custom sizing (add an inch to the arms for example) if you want. I wear mine all year long. It's a bit hot in August but you have the mesh one for real summer temps.

If you want to go old school, some of the best leather jackets can be found at Schott Leather and many of them come in tall sizes as well. I LOVE these jackets.
  5. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Out of your stated price range,but perhaps save a bit longer and look at Motoport mesh gear(humidity).:D
  6. Skidmarkart

Skidmarkart Dirty Middle Age Man Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like that Scorpion and sounds like it is the right size and price - think I'll see if I can find a deal on one someplace.