2013 Flying Monkey Adventure Rally July 18-21, 2013

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by GeoMoto, Feb 4, 2013.

1. captcham

captcham Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Put me down for a large t shirt and I will hopefully be coming up with the whole family again, everyone liked the resort last year and visiting Zion.
  2. GeoMoto

GeoMoto Head Flying Monkey Supporter

Oddometer:

Ahhhhh, that sounds like a fun one. Are you on highway 89 from kanab to House Rock Road? We do a ride from Glendale to Cottonwood Canyon to House Rock Road that adds a bunch of fun dirt. Maybe to much milieage?
  3. DirtReeper

DirtReeper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    *BLM700* yeah on 89 from Kanab to HRVR. I was thinking maybe too much miles wise. IDK I'll get out there and see soon.
  4. tac650

tac650 Broken...

Oddometer:
    Guys your get together looks like fun... count me in! I will be heading to the FSSNOC get together in Jemez Springs, NM the following weekend. I will be on my 2011 Husqvarna SMS630 shown below. The photo below was taken at Seven Devils campground outside Riggins, ID (elevation 7,800') last year. Put me down foe a Large T. I look forward in meeting everyone. :clap

[​IMG]
  5. DirtReeper

Oddometer:
    Hell yeah man! Cant wait to meet ya! :freaky
  6. GeoMoto

Oddometer:
    Hello Everyone,
    I spent the holiday weekend up at Zion Ponderosa with the family. I didn't get any riding in but I did have a chance to explore a bit. Trails are looking good at higher elevations. Very little snow left. A bad year for snow, but a great year for riding!
    I look forward to seeing everyone.

Fire restrictions are in place already and so I thinking that I will move the group from last years camp site to the main group area near the end of the Zip Line. This will allow us to use the fire pits. Also much closer to the toilets, showers and pools.

This location will also allow easy access for all trailers, RV's and large vehicles.

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Jesse
  7. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Navigate 2 Adventure

Oddometer:
    I rode/explored dirt between Winter Road and 89 near Kanab last week (popped out on 89 by Johnson Wash). Some deep sand near the north end by 89 but "untracked".......just skimmed along the top......felt like I was snowboarding/surfing.....good fun......two gates but both were unlocked......

Navajo Trail is a good "Big Bike" dirt road between Fredonia and St. George but that's probably too far west if trying to loop back to the Ponderosa......Hell's Backbone between Escalante and Boulder is another good "Big Bike" loop along with the Burr Trail.....but probably too far east....
  8. Crawdaddy

Oddometer:
    Agreed. :D

Logged ~1200 miles last week between Mesquite and areas north of Lake Powell.......no issues with snow even up on Hell's Backbone between Boulder and Escalante........that surprised me......"bone" dry :lol3
  9. DirtReeper

Oddometer:
    You can take off from Navajo trail to CR5 into Colorado City then through either a) Coral Pink Sand Dunes, or b) the Gooseberry Mesa road then up through Zion.
  10. 990 trailblazer

990 trailblazer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, looking foward to meeting and riding with yall. A group of us from Miss. are coming to join the fun and wondering what might you expect for temps during the day. Sounds like with the mileage your riding there will be high and lower altitudes envolved.
  11. GeoMoto

Oddometer:

Day temps will range from low 70's in the mountains to low 100's in the lower elevations. The low 100's are dry and are tolerable while you are moving. Drink lots of water! If it rains in the mountains you could get a chill while riding when wet so bring rain gear just in case.
  12. GeoMoto

Oddometer:
    Lucky Guy! I was up there dreaming of my bike! Great weather last weekend.
  13. DirtReeper

Oddometer:
    :roflI rode most of last weekend :D out on the Strip
  14. GeoMoto

Oddometer:
    Hello,

T-Shirt designs should be done by the end of the week. PLEASE let me know if you want one and size! Pricing will be dependent on the size of the T-Shirt order. Everyone pays cost for the T's. I would expect between $11.00 and $15.00 for a T-Shirt and a sticker.

Thanks
    Jesse
  15. DirtReeper

Oddometer:
    Sweet post it up!
  16. hiflynbrd

hiflynbrd I know that shortcut Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll need two trees to hang a hammock but I'll bring a tent, just in case. XL t-shirt.
  17. StG

StG Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had a chance to ride some of the tracks from last year. All I can say is wow :thumb. Can't wait.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. GeoMoto

Oddometer:
    Mouth Watering Good!
  19. Crawdaddy

Oddometer:
    Glad you enjoyed the tracks and thanks for the flashback.....sorry I'm going to miss this summer's event......hopefully one of you folks will supplement the tracks with new "stuff".....have fun!
  20. dsfox

dsfox Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all your prep work jesse....if I remember right, the group area in the field has almost no tree cover, which is a really nice option when it's hot... :knary but whatever you think best... looking forward to it.... too much work and other life stuff, not enough riding lately...