The triumph tiger picture thread!

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by scorch, Jan 5, 2005.

1. YRU

YRU Hear today, deaf tomorrow Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey 7.62 I was just pulling your leg. Those new foot pegs look really awesome! How much would you charge to make me a pair (with some cross bracing though, and just a little smaller)?

Today my luggage arrived for a trip I am taking with a friend north around the Bay of Fundy, and if we have the time to Cape Breton Island and
    Newfoundland, this September.
    I decided to see how it fits on the bike. I went with a Givi detachable tank bag and a Wolfman large camping waterproof duffle bag. This is how they look on the bike without all the other gear I will have to pack on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. rally roo

rally roo Total poser

Oddometer:
    No worries :freaky

I'd happily build some, but don't have access to a welder for adding the bracing. I'm also not sure I'd feel comfortable sending a pair to anyone else just yet, before I've done some extensive road testing myself; I'm pretty sure they won't break or compromise ground clearance, but one can never be too sure when it comes to DIY fabrication under the shadiest of trees :rofl

It so happens that I do have access to a friend's XC and could at least take measurements for the pegs though!
  3. Mudhen

Mudhen Foul Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Would you stop harassing me? I sell you half my supply of unneeded Steamer parts and now you want to come up and use my drill press and welders?

Ok, talked me into it. :lol3

But I want to see the bike. In person. :deal
  4. rally roo

rally roo Total poser

Oddometer:
    Well... fine. I'll try to stop by before I move back to VT in August!
  5. btao

btao Adventure is out there!

Oddometer:
    Here's the first shots after taking her home:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D:D
  6. btao

Oddometer:
    3/4 of the way up Mt Greylock

[​IMG]

Couldn't get the bike in a peak photo, but killer view.

The park ranger was thoroughly jealous and circled the bike a good 2 or 3 times and let me in for free :clap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. btao

Oddometer:
    Where is that?? I used to live up in Bennington for a stint... Pretty place, people sucked. (lots of inbreeding. 35% pregnant before they graduated high school the year I left)
  8. btao

Oddometer:
    Hell yea! I just scheduled mine and I had it for a week. I should have just set it up when I picked the bike up!
  9. Rikki Rockett

Rikki Rockett MOTORCYCLE EVANGELIST

Oddometer:
  10. innominate

innominate Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i was in the smokey mountains that same week, 5-1 thru 5-12
    [​IMG]

same pull over the day before
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. vicvegas

vicvegas eager beaver

Oddometer:
    i got my "stash tube" made up and fitted! now im waiting on some wolfman saddlebags and racks and the Rox risers and the farkling will be done for this summer's deals gap/Newfoundland trip starting at the end of the month.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. NobeyamaGP

NobeyamaGP Nerdy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Could you possibly post some more details/pics on the stash tube and build? I'm looking to fab up something similar for tool storage on my bike that already has Wolfman racks and bags. Is there gonna be enough clearance for the racks on the tube side? That thing looks big compared to the exhaust and I know the Wolfman racks are asymmetrical.
  13. Mudhen

Mudhen Foul Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just because you moved the bike over a couple feet we can still see what you were doing there. Hoodlum. :lol3

And in case you didn't know - Deals Gap is nowhere near Newfoundland (or you for that matter).

[​IMG]

That's going to be a great ride! We'll expect lots of pics. :deal
  14. vicvegas

vicvegas eager beaver

Oddometer:
    haha, yea deals is about 3100 kms from my doorstep, I have a month off from work so my Dad and i (he rides a goldwing and not a member here) are gonna do the trip. we have 14 days to go from home to deals and up to Newfoundland where we'll meet up with my wife/kids/mother in law who are flying to NFLD. all said and done the trip should be around 13,000 kms. we plan to try and camp when the weather is deccent along the way and i'll be looking for a place in the states to do my first valve inspection i guess.

I was debating on if i wanted to do a full on ride report or not cause i'll only have my iphone 4 with me for a camera even though the pix do seem to come out good enuff on this site.

I dont have my wolfman racks yet but as soon as i get them i'm gonna try and see if i can keep my stash tube on and i'll post pix of the end result.
  15. vicvegas

vicvegas eager beaver

Oddometer:
    As far as the burnout marks, I am not on the darkside of tire choices yet so, no thats not my wasted rubber:nah
  16. TIGERRIDER007

TIGERRIDER007 North GA RAT

Oddometer:
    Some buddies and I went out yesterday in northern Georgia, as it sprinkled most of the day, but hey, it kept the dust down :D.
    And we came across a couple of challenging forest service roads, one included a nice mud pit, which my buddy said "I'll do it" and sure enough, he got on his 800 XC and plowed right through (trying to get pictures of this from his camera)....Now, he had an Hidenau (spelling?) rear and a TKC80 front, so no worries for him.
    On to the update part, the Full Bore tires on my 06' are very good in my opinion. They have not let me down off road or on road. I have had them on for about 2600 miles, and they appear to be little less than half worn, so hoping to get another 2600 miles out of them. That's the close up picture of my rear tire. I'm thinking of trying Mitas next, we'll see.:ear
    My other buddy was on his black 01' and has Conti Trail Attacks fitted, he really likes these and he had no issues in the soupiest, nastiest, rock filled, roads we were on...they scare the hell out of me, but he really does well with them.
    But it was a great day in the rain, on some nasty roads, I mean scary, with boulders and wash-outs, downed trees...I was actually pretty nervous at quite a few spots...but no issues with the bikes, except they all have new paint jobs this morning...Georgia red clay colored! :lol3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  17. YRU

YRU Hear today, deaf tomorrow Supporter

Oddometer:
    Could you post how you secured the PVC stash tube to the bike? Great design BTW!
  18. fbj913

fbj913 Adventure Aficionado

Oddometer:
    not sure how he did it but i can tell you there are some threaded frame inserts on that side of the bike. if you made the correct bracket they could be used. it looks like that's how this one is mounted.
  19. vicvegas

vicvegas eager beaver

Oddometer:
    Your getting warmer fbj :wink:
    I used two flat T brackets i found at the hardware store where i bought the Abs pipe for the tube, then rounded them and to the shape of said pipe on the "T" end, then bent the othe end back the other way and used those threaded holes in the frame. I mounted the brackets to the tube by drilling four holes for each bracket and i braced them on the inside for strength. after these pictures were taken i got home and my brackets were bending a little after my test ride with weight in the tube so i ended up wraping the tube with metal straps again from the hardware store and the tube is solid now. I'm happy with the end result and i think i will be able to make it work with the wolfman racks, i might just have
    to redo my straps to give more of a gap near the frame. again, [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. Handy

Handy Sunburnt

Oddometer:
    Picked up a Girlie from an inmate in Gunnison CO on Friday. I have put about 1600 miles on it since then and I love it!:clap
    Here it is right after I picked it up in Gunnison.
    [​IMG]