Yamaha TW200

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by cabanza, Jul 5, 2006.

1. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply kubiak.Well,I understand what your saying,but,this is not a dust material.It is literally a tacky,shiny substance?. I figured that it could be a chemical or something in the lube that is just showing it-self at around the 100 mile mark each time?. When I see something strange I usually ask you more technical/ experienced folks!. I used the auto tranny visual for content....it would also remind you of the soda....Barques(spelling) red cream soda?....strange I know ,but....it's there?.
  2. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    hmmmm, i dont know what that is. let me know when you find out for sure!
  3. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Will do.....I'm still leading that is a "compund" of the lube showing itself?.Time will tell.
  4. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Still haven't REALLY figured this out yet?.....but, I was trail riding two weeks or so ago and it was quite dusty.We do not have RED clay here,but maybe the clay "dust" turned color after the bike was parked/sat for awhile?.If I ever definetly figure this out I'll humor folks and advise.
  5. 16873

16873 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have this happen before, too. On a few bikes. I think it may be rust even though I was in the desert when it happened and kept chain clean and lubed.
  6. Kankujoe

Kankujoe Adventure Traveller

Oddometer:
    Missouri, west central, south of Kansas City
    I've read somewhere or a cycle mechanic told me that this red residue indicates that the o-ring or x-ring seals are breaking down and its time for a new chain. I don't remember where I read it or heard it.
  7. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well,I understand what your saying,but, the OEM chain on a TW in non-o-ring.Anyway,I think what I'm going to do is,clean the chain within an inch of it's life AND try a different lube?. We'll see,I'll let ya'll know what I find/see.:eek1:D
  8. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was cleaning the chain this afternoon prior to going to work....didn't get finished:puke1. Anyway,while cleaning with WD-40,I noticed alot of "chunky" crud coming out and me wiping the same crud off.I think I'm going to try some DuPont Teflon multiuse lube?....i've read go things about this dry type lube.If I can't find any at Walmart on my way home,I'll try Home DePot on my off day(been working 6 days a week since October)?.Hmmmm,I may also try,BelRay super-clean lube....another good dry chain lube I've read about?.We'll see......I'll let ya know.
  9. Indy21

Indy21 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good to hear, I'm planning on picking one of these up within a year, it will be my first bike. The cheaper things like insurance are the better. :)

I'm in Homewood, btw
  10. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Go to the TW200discussion forum...........lots of accurate info there!.Issues with maintenance etc.....that forum is the place to be for TW's.
  11. RobertAmsterdam

RobertAmsterdam https://www.instagram.com/ktmfreerideexc/

Oddometer:
    Cheers from Amsterdam:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

twbastards.tumblr.com
  12. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hello Amsterdam.....like the shield & helmet you have!.......I presume that is a TW your riding there?.After market headlight?.
  13. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    i think over there they are call van van and they come with that stock light! here somewhere there was a ride report of 2 girls going around Europe on those!

Damasovi
  14. andrewsclues

andrewsclues Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Van van is a Suzuki product... although it is similar to the mighty TW.... I think that's a TW in that picture, but I can't tell for sure without seeing the motor.
  15. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Correct, Van Van is Suzuki,but as stated,it looks just like the TW's little brother.....there FI now also.:eek1:deal
  16. andrewsclues

andrewsclues Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Frog... Are you on TW200forum.com? I really like that forum.
  17. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes.
  18. hscrugby

hscrugby "That guy"

Oddometer:
    They are great little bikes, but to the guy asking about 60+
    if you are a big guy, not a chance in hell.
    [​IMG]

You can rent them if you ever go to Aruba for fairly cheap. So much fun. Ride them all over the goat paths on the back of the island.
    In the deep sand, just be prepared to help push some, but they will go anywhere.
  19. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh yea!.
  20. RobertAmsterdam

RobertAmsterdam https://www.instagram.com/ktmfreerideexc/

Oddometer: