Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. TNCave

TNCave Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. JustRon

JustRon ex-broadwayron

Oddometer:
  3. satcen

satcen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have this one (€20)

[​IMG]
  4. badlittlerobots

badlittlerobots Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well good news about the Arrow exhaust. A dealer in Florida finally got their back orders in so they shipped it today and I should be getting it installed next week.
  5. Boola-Boola

Boola-Boola Scramblin' Man

Oddometer:
    That's great news! Enjoy.
  6. twolf

twolf Dork

Oddometer:
    MSR Folding Shifter and K N L Cycle Pegs (Rattle canned black).
    MSR part number 34-2161 for Honda CR. Shifter is a bit longer than stock.

[​IMG]
  7. 9mmMike

9mmMike Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer:
  8. PERRO-FROM-HELL

PERRO-FROM-HELL Life is good

Oddometer:
    THANKS TO ALL for your reply:clap:clap:clap:clap,

I will post pictures as soon as I get it installed.
  9. Goat_locker

Goat_locker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I broke the toe piece off, but the main piece remained intact. Drilled it out, screwed in a bolt that was almost the same size, put the rubber back on it, and five years later it's still working like a champ.
  10. ClineDesign

ClineDesign Grandpa

Oddometer:
  11. Goat_locker

Goat_locker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  12. 2T2_Ryder

2T2_Ryder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well after trying to sell my Sprint with no luck, I found a fellow inmate that wanted to sell or trade his 06 Scram for a Sprint. Thinking the scrambler would be a much quicker sell and wanting to help this guy get the bike he wanted, I decided to go through with the trade. Problem is, now I don't wanna sell the 06! So for now I let the neighbors make fun of me for having two of the "exact same" motorcycle while I figure out what to do. I've always loved the blue/white paint with polished engine cases and you can tell they put more detail into the 06. Hand pinstriped tank, bolt on tank badges etc...I did put the TORs and dart screen from the 06 onto my 13. So now the dilemma is do I do the financially responsible thing and sell one of them or do I do the you only live once thing and maybe do a desert sled project on the 06? Ideas are welcome! Here is the duo hanging out in the garage...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. greywolves

greywolves Too OLD to be a NOOB - ANYWHERE!

Oddometer:
    How about this idea!
    You'd better ask another group about doing the "financially responsible" thing!

:lol3:wink::lol3
  14. TerryK

TerryK Ulysses

Oddometer:
    I have a blue & white 06 as well, also got a red Thruxton...dont worry about it, just ride both. When one sits for months that's the sign to sell it

Terry
  15. ClineDesign

ClineDesign Grandpa

Oddometer:
    My Scrambler now has a "bling".:D
  16. gk ryder

gk ryder is this thing on?

Oddometer:

Financially responsible thing of thanking the universe you have 2 Scramblers, desert sled project and smile when prices go up and you realise the 06 have become THE collectible modern Scrambler version.
  17. DoubleCafe

DoubleCafe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a blue 06 Thrux and a blue/white 07 Scram - it would be really tough to give either one up.

You have to do the 06 Desert Sled Build!
  18. Thrash Unreal

Thrash Unreal Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So after three weeks or non-stop riding, she is ready to be stripped down for the first round of mods. Tomorrow I will be replacing the shocks with Progressive 970s and the front with Race Tech .85 springs. British Customs Airbox removal kit with secondary plug kit going in as well. Front and rear fenders being replaced with aluminum MAS Engineering fenders. Already put on the aluminum pegs and MSR shifter.

After that, as the parts come in I will throw them on. There will be some seat chopping and rear frame welding, as well as alot of black powdercoat in the next few weeks. A bunch of small new accessory parts and coming up with a plan for the lights on the new rear fender.

And if this damn Zard Cross Exhaust will ever show up from Italy....

Going to be a fun weekend in the garage.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    joenuclear likes this.
  19. Motoblag

Motoblag Replacing skill with will

Oddometer:
    Don't forget the Race Tech cartridge emulators when you're in there. Huge difference!

I just finished up a slightly botched valve adjustment on my Scrambler before a trip to Moab. Despite having the cam timing marks all lined up, apparently the #1 piston wasn't at TDC so I put the cams in... backwards? Somehow it doesn't run well when pulling air from the exhaust. :lol3

No valve/piston contact since I spun the engine over a few times before hitting the starter. Ended up having to pull the alternator cover to get timing right, R&R the cams again, then she works! :clap

The lowest alternator cover bolt snapped when removing it, but there was enough left over to get vise grips on. That thing did NOT want to come out. :eek1 Removed it and when I replaced everything I used anti-seize. Shouldn't be a problem next time, but there shouldn't be a next time. :lol3 Gonna verify piston 1 is at TDC if I have to pull cams again at 24k miles.

I keep threatening to replace the Triumph with a Nighthawk 750 but I think it knows it's an empty threat.
  20. TerryK

TerryK Ulysses

Oddometer:
    Just sold my XR400 today sad to see it go