Harley Riders Sign In With Pic

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by sfarson, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Terrytori

Terrytori Namaste

Oddometer:

Appreciated Blood... oil pressure gauge.
  2. garandman

garandman Wandering Minstrel

Oddometer:
    Terrific pic. What's the air cleaner?
  3. Terrytori

Terrytori Namaste

Oddometer:
  4. cerv

cerv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As a new - and proud - Sporty owner I have recently registered to two Harley-focused forums and already start to believe there's much truth in all the Harley lifestyle criticism. Apparently everyone there spends all the time and money by adding farkles and lowering their bike way beyond the point of ridability.

But I know that both over the Pond and here in Europe there are many Harley owners who actually love to ride their Hogs instead of polishing and accesorizing them, and many of them are regulars here at advrider.com. Why not to share the experience here, then? I would love to read your stories, see your pics and watch your videos. Let's show the Beemer snobs (cough cough) we Harley guys do ride, too!
  5. Bueller

Bueller Cashin?

Oddometer:
    You weren't really expecting any bikes to be posted, were you? Everyone knows they are all garage queen poser bikes :deal
  6. rhys

rhys Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry.... only rode it for 40,000 miles during the year and a half that I owned it, then I moved on to some other bikes (BMW, Fizzy, Bonnies, RSV, Bandit, Sprint RS, Bandit, SV).
    I really enjoyed the bike....., and it cost me virtually nothing for upkeep save for the cost of tires. I'd love to have one of the new 1200X versions!

Harley Davidson Y2K 1200'S':
    [​IMG]
  7. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not mine but a friends. 300K+ miles.

[​IMG]
  8. BUZZARD II

BUZZARD II Old Geezer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've been riding for 43 years now and I'm on my 16th. bike. My first Harley, a '79 Low Rider I sold for twice what I paid for it. My second, a '88 FLHTP I sold for a third more than I paid for it. I just bought my third and I guess I'll die with it.

In any case I'm sorry to say, Bueller is not to far off. Yeah, some of us really do ride. But most of the rest are mid life crisis posers. I really hate the H-D branding. Hey Bueller, heres another term for you. This is for those who trailer their bikes to motorcycle rallys. Candy Ass Trailer Queens. They come in all variations but mostly Harley owners.
  9. professir

professir Buttugly ol biker

Oddometer:
    Mine. About 10K a year, and bone stock!

Attached Files:

10. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm not a Harley lover having owned only one but I see more Harleys being ridden here in SWFL and in WNC than any other brand.
    If someone wants to ride and another wants to polish, so what. I'm sure it happens in all brands.
  11. AustinJake

AustinJake DR650 - Versys

Oddometer:
    I put 70,000 miles on my Wide Glide before I sold it. I'm in front, my buddy and his wife on their Street Glide chasin' me, we were cheatin' the line a little, we had to, goin' a little too fast for the curves....

[​IMG]
  12. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
  13. Schtum

Schtum Free Genie

Oddometer:
    I'm not a fan of the marque; however, a friend of mine was team manager for this guy in the UK race series last year and the team is again competing in 2011. My friend broke in the bike on the road before it was taken onto the track.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.scottishhd.com/content.php?19-Torquil-Paterson

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yPPl34Zu4a0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  14. Zerk

Zerk DILLIGAF

Oddometer:
    Straight jacket memories, and sedative highs
    Last summer, Haul road.

Attached Files:

15. Zerk

Zerk DILLIGAF

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't have posted that on this site. People think bad enough as it is.
  16. blk-betty

blk-betty bam-a-lam Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did you go any farther north on the Haul Road.

How did the Ultra handle that road?
  17. Zerk

Zerk DILLIGAF

Oddometer:
    No. Was going to go to Coldfoot, but was getting late. We got back to Yukon river Crossing at 9:01, gas stations closes at 9. Had to go around back and get someone to turn the pump on.

When the gravel is dry,its fine. Mud sucks. Dumped it 3 times in 150 yards, where they just graded. Stuff was like a snotty clay. Finally waited for a truck to go through and followed his tracks out.

I was nervous about getting trapped by the mud, and not being able to get back. Luckily it was a short stretch. Dried by the time we got back, but then the part that was good on the way up, had gotten rained on.

Was riding two up too.

I saw one FLTR parked at Yukon River, and couple DS going south. Mostly truck traffic.

Ran into a guy on cop version of FLHR, who just did Top of the World. He had crutches on the back. Broke his leg couple days before on a pot hole.

A dual sport would be fun up there, but its 3300 miles up where the Ultra is better.
  18. Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard Instagram @motopossum Super Moderator

Oddometer:

Yep. :nod No one rides these lumps any further than the local bar or coffee house.
  19. opjocephus

opjocephus Dick Tree

Oddometer:
    Just got this one cleaned up. It is gonna be 10 years old next month and it is cleaner than factory. And pert near 60k on this one.
    [​IMG]
    And a little more dirty on Parson's Branch Road.
    [​IMG]
  20. blk-betty

blk-betty bam-a-lam Supporter

Oddometer:
    I hear ya I made it all the way to Deadhorse in '09 but sheepisly gotta admit it was on a tour bus. We did one of those AK cruise tours and spent a week on land and a week sailing the inside passage.

The ride up the Dalton I saw 3 bikes but it was the last few days of May and still cold, below freezing and snowing in Deadhorse. Talked to one of the guys who overnighted in Coldfoot....he was from Ontario and on a F800GS.

The road was pretty wet the entire way up and the bus had to stop and put chains on to to get up Atigun Pass...we flew back from deadhorse to Anchorage.

May try to ride up there in a couple years.