Central Arkansas ride planning and whatever else thread

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Mister D, Oct 18, 2010.

1. thisisdrew

thisisdrew n00b

Oddometer:
  2. arkansawyer

arkansawyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    We should get a little rain to kill the dust this week. Saturday will be much cooler than today was.
    I just put a real knobby take off on the front.
  3. Mister D

Mister D Peg standing idiot

Oddometer:
    Hey Drew, looks like you had fun at the Ross. It sure is a great place.
  4. thisisdrew

thisisdrew n00b

Oddometer:
    we did indeed. It's a hidden gym of a place.
    Every time we go out there, we find something new.
  5. arkansawyer

arkansawyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't know how much rain we got the last two days. The little noise ruts the highway department ground into 7 had some water in them when I got home today, but my yard still sounds like walking on velcro.

There's some kind of pirate rally about to happen. The biker bars have signs out front. I came up on a biker injury this afternoon. Looked like he turned left in front of an oncoming car.
    My magical powers tell me the magnet rock on 7 between Nimrod and Ola will collect at least one bike this weekend.
  6. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    any of you central folks do twitter?
  7. arkansawyer

arkansawyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    National enduro round at Ross this weekend.
  8. Lulu7404

Lulu7404 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey gang. My wife and I will be heading to Daisy SP next weekend and plan on riding the 31 mile trail out of the park. It goes north I believe towards Mena. I have not done much dual sport riding out there yet. Plenty of miles of tarmac on the Tiger though. Any other suggestions for a good day trip or loop. We will just be there for the weekend.

Many thanks.

Brad
  9. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    we gots to keep this thread goin..so with that, I wanted to mention twitter agn to you central ar folks...I would like to see the centADV network down there..this could be a big asset to all of us..as some of you know, we been using it up here and so far it's been working pretty good. It is free (depending on your text program)...we dont do too much BS on it tho..maybe once a month or twice at most..it usually pretty quiet, but it is handy to send one text out to many..came in handy a couple of weeks ago when Albie put out there that he wanted to go for a ride and had no one to ride with..lo and behold, he found someone to go ride with.

The main reason is for assistance..if you are out and need help, one text goes out to alot of people and usually one or two will be able to assist and those who can respond will text so thus saving multiple trucks and trailers or 911 calls..text will work way out in the woods when signal is at a minimum...anyway, we got Duane (Mister Deliberate) in on it and hopefully, he can help get the central ADV group goin...hope y'all think abt it..as I said, I see a good thing here and it's out there for us to use.
  10. arkansawyer

arkansawyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't have twitter. Basic cell service, no text, internet or anything else.
    I think I'm the only one riding down here.
    I usually tell my wife where I'm going before I head out just in case.
  11. Mister D

Oddometer:
    I'm doing plenty of riding. I ride to work all week then do bike maintenance all weekend. Something about that seems wrong.
  12. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    crybaby!

:amazon
  13. Dragon43

Dragon43 If you insist.

Oddometer:
    Doc is just jealous because you have goats......... :rofl
  14. Mister D

Oddometer:
    :lol3 Yep. Anyway, hi-ho. You guys enjoy not working today.
  15. NateLePain

NateLePain The Illegitimate Painter

Oddometer:
    We ride, just now with you... :hide

I'm just kidding. Like Duane, most of my riding is to work and back. I should pass 55K miles on the BMW, this week.

nlp
  16. Helipilot

Helipilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Last winter we all read about Doc being sore from cutting wood. This summer I have been busy supervising the installation of a gunnite pool for my wife and doing all the hardscape and landscaping around the pool and deck. I not only am sore but hot as heck. I had just bought a 2010 holdover KTM 990 Adventure from Tom at Kawasaki Sports Center in Little Rock in May and it only has 22 miles on it. That is a crying shame Ladies and Gentlemen. I can feel the pain of the other members of this forum who aren't riding as much as they would like.
  17. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    am sore too, but not from cutting wood..and after last weeks "get off" or as I fondly remember it, "SLAM DOWN", I have zero desire right now to ride..and all the heat can't sweeten up that deal any. Only time to ride would be early morning or late evening, when all the DEER are out.

I understand the calling of the 990 to ya, just be alert and try to stay cool if you give into the calling!
  18. arkansawyer

arkansawyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    I went two weeks without riding after the Dr. put screws in my radius.
  19. Helipilot

Helipilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I hope you are healing up OK Doc. Read about your "Slam Down". Sore is not the right word but is close enough. My last get off about five years ago lasted about three-four weeks and sure was memorable. At 66 and with no sympathy from Mrs Helipilot I try to avoid those things. With the forecast for today at near 100 degrees the bike can stay in the garage.

Arkansawyer, I guess I didn't hear about your ordeal. Hope you get better real soon as well.
  20. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    am doing better..still far from perfect..a day at a time here..was finally able to get some decent sleep last nite tho! :clap