NY Metro Dirt Tag-O-Rama

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by docgonzo, Nov 29, 2008.

1. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:

At least you put all your riding gear on...
  2. Cdaledude

Cdaledude Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice! Is that a new toy?
  3. loph917

loph917 Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:
    'toy' is indeed the correct word for this. i've been lusting after this for a while; primary use will be for the various events around the region (i'm not competitive) but would like a smaller bike to do some of the Netra events, Hammer Run, Meteor RUn, etc.
  4. Yellow Iron

Yellow Iron Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dont let the new tag be fooled
    The Metro North RR is near by it is not premitted riding.
    The Trails are by the tag location I just used Cambell Hall Caboose as a starting point.
    I hope none of you are crazy (stupid) enough to try to ride near a live RR.

:deal

STBob do you get 3 Polar bear point 2 for the bike and 1 for the truck if you trailer it there:lol3

Nice bike LOPH
  5. Cdaledude

Cdaledude Long timer

Oddometer:
    A 570 is a bit more than a toy :p Maybe you could call my 250XCF-W a toy, but even that thing has enough poke to scare me sometimes!
  6. docgonzo

docgonzo Great Old Turtle

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    It does not encourage the use of trailers, as you well know.

It ALLOWS the use of trailers for those who are interested in true dirt riding and don't particularly care to ride for hours on asphalt with there knobbies. Once you start riding in the Pine Barrens and other serious dirt areas, you will understand.

Actually, I think you already do understand (as does Loph), since you just got a spectacular new Kendon. All the best of luck with your new trailer. Ready to do a Pine Barrens ride next weekend?

Baby dirt bikes have no place on highways, and knobbies have no place on asphalt for any length of time.

Dual Sport bikes are wonderful. The ones over 400 lbs., though, have their limitations. I don't think we want to limit this game to just the Big Boys.
  7. Yellow Iron

Yellow Iron Long timer

Oddometer:
    I really didn't think about it but there is a possibily the tag may be underwater.

Its pretty close to the river and im not sure how high that river may rise.
    I wonder if the bone will float away or will stay submereged under the leaves behind the poster tree.

Can someone go get this before it becomes the metro motor boat tag
  8. BK.RD.RNR

BK.RD.RNR Torque Stick

Oddometer:
    Will I get berated if I tow my boat to go get it? :hide
  9. Yellow Iron

Yellow Iron Long timer

Oddometer:
    1. Get a tag by posting a photo that reproduces the tag dropper's photo to his or her satisfaction. Must have your bike in the photo. Fully in the photo. Trailers allowed for the boring highway asphalt trips to the dirt roads. Yes, that means that if you pre-anticipated the ride, by knowing the tagger's habits, knowing the place, or having been there before, it counts if the dropper is satisfied. Docgonzo's Total Discretion (since Matchbox, Red, and STBob have failed to provide the leadership needed for this herding of cats.....)

The rules from page #1

If trailers are allowed I dont give a shit whats on to it go get the tag.

I was really thinking of dropping this tag with my Quad on the Island on Lake Hopachong:lol3

After all a water crossing is part of the game.
  10. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    Yeah but if the crossing is much bigger or deepr than this

[​IMG]

He needs a bunch of groupies to push him out:lol3 Whos got a copy of that video???
  11. docgonzo

Oddometer:
    Kenny, the Durty Dabbers water crossing is one of the most infamous on the East Coast. One year, every third bike "drowned". They put extra boulders in the cloudy water just to amuse the crowds standing around watching.

With titanium knees, these boulders could do worse at speed then just drown the bike. I was very happy to have survived the crossing. Even if I "dabbed" my feet across a little!

Until you have done that crossing yourself, I'd think it would be prudent for you to stop making fun of this old man.....
  12. BK.RD.RNR

BK.RD.RNR Torque Stick

Oddometer:
    Cut it out Kenny, before we end up with another "Abs From The 80's" series! :lol3
  13. O.C.F.RIDER

O.C.F.RIDER Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer:
    <i>Sorry Doc, I couldn't resist.

BUT....................you did WAY better than the guy who was rite behind you in the vid! :D You didn't drown your bike.
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oJTZ8LPPEgc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="480"></iframe>
    All in good fun.
    </i>
  14. Schickmeister

Schickmeister Youngin'

Oddometer:
  15. docgonzo

Oddometer:
    Come on, guys, you have to be able to come up with some new material. Talk about beating a dead horse!

Dirt bikes are like Harley Davidsons and German Shepards. They like to ride in the back of pickup trucks (and trailers)! :rofl:rofl:rofl

Really, everyone should head over to Kenny's dirt thread. He's having much more fun then we are here! And there are more trailer pictures there for those who are obsessed!:lol3:lol3
  16. Yellow Iron

Yellow Iron Long timer

Oddometer:
    Walkill river to crest at 18+ feet

Boner my be swimming his way south
  17. docgonzo

Oddometer:
    So, YellowIron, is LittleIron gonna lend you her duck so you can resuscitate this game? Or are we gonna let it die because it doesn't satisfy the needs of the big trailie crowd?

A couple of the major detractors of this game just trailered their baby bikes down to Southern NJ to enjoy our woods. No reason why we can't get some life back into this game. Ride your knobbies on the street if you want. But let's not let this game die of pettiness......

YellowIron, the ball is in your court... I bet that GS of yours can actually do real dirt, not just graded roads.
  18. Yellow Iron

Yellow Iron Long timer

Oddometer:
    The tag is dropped directions were given. What more can I do. someone will get it. who knows if not I guess the game is dead

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2wHK3gL7_Y4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  19. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    It was fun while it lasted.
  20. docgonzo

Oddometer:
    Exactly. Too bad some people couldn't understand the humor involved in the game, that included dirt, riding, some kidding, some slight of hand, some internet fun, neat mascots, etc.

Was meant to be a Hunter S. Thompson GONZO kind of adventure. Unfortunately, there were those with concrete, rigid brains who couldn't understand that it was all meant to be fun, not a serious competition. There is enough stress and seriousness in life. We don't need such pressure in our computer games.....

Herding of cats is not easy. But just like the military, you need to lead, follow, or get out of the way. Unfortunately, it appears here some of our players couldn't do any of those three things.